Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Finally picked up Control for €19.99. Only a couple of hours in but really enjoying it so far. Like a wonderful mix of Uncharted and Fringe so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Any decent prices on FFVII remake ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Any decent prices on FFVII remake ?

Still full price 69.99 on psn.
    Still 60ish in shops as well.

Game like that you'd have to wait a long time to get it anywhere cheap. Might get it for 35 euro at some point over the next few months with some sale. But my guess is it won't be 20 euro until the next chapter is approaching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

fixXxer wrote: »
    Finally picked up Control for €19.99. Only a couple of hours in but really enjoying it so far. Like a wonderful mix of Uncharted and Fringe so far.

Fringe, god now there is an outstanding comparison.

Loved that show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

noodler wrote: »
    Fringe, god now there is an outstanding comparison.

Loved that show.

Probably some of the best characters and writing of any show I've ever watched. Walter Bishop is my hero! John Noble is fantastic in it, and even Pacey is good! Ripe for a game too imo, something akin to Control.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Far Cry 5 down to €9.79 on the store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Summer sale starting on PSN store on Wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't they have that already? So many themed sales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Didn't they have that already? So many themed sales
    Sale of all Sales up next ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Sale of all Sales up next ;)

Go Harvey go!

• Advertisement

Summer sale starting on PSN store on Wednesday

FFVII at 50% off or we riot.

Will realistically settle for 30%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Persona 5 at 18 quid is very tempting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Persona 5 at 18 quid is very tempting

It's cheaper on the US store. You're still better off grabbing Royal though, which is down to €45. It has all the content of the "Ultimate Edition" of P5 with new content and a lot of QoL adjustments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Alien Isolation for 7 quid. Anyone that doesn't take advantage of that offer should be sectioned.

As far as I am concerned it is still worth the 70 quid I paid for it in 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Markitron wrote: »
    Alien Isolation for 7 quid. Anyone that doesn't take advantage of that offer should be sectioned.

Absolutely. What I'd give for a sequel

duploelabs wrote: »
    Absolutely. What I'd give for a sequel

I would straight-up kill for it, no joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Anyone that DOES take advantage of that offer will also be sectioned... in the most painful way. Nowhere to hide.

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    Anyone that DOES take advantage of that offer will also be sectioned... in the most painful way. Nowhere to hide.

Just don't look out the vents in the locker, it'll hear you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Nowhere to hide because you left your PS camera connected? :D
    Such a nasty feature when you don't realise you muttering to yourself about the f**ker is getting you killed :P

coolisin wrote: »
    Such a nasty feature when you don't realise you muttering to yourself about the f**ker is getting you killed :P

I was killed by the Alien when, with my camera connected, she came into my room and asked me to do something, Alien heard her and found me. I was in stitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

It's cheaper on the US store. You're still better off grabbing Royal though, which is down to €45. It has all the content of the "Ultimate Edition" of P5 with new content and a lot of QoL adjustments.

Just looked up the reviews for the Royal version.

After seeing those I couldn't play the standard the standard version

Royal version is being downloaded now :D

coolisin wrote: »

I didn't even know that was a thing... excellent, I might have to rebuy it, I've only played it on PC.

I didn't even know that was a thing... excellent, I might have to rebuy it, I've only played it on PC.

Yea it wasn't publicised much but there was an option for kinect and the PS camera for sound detection. It is a novelty but a fun little one nonetheless.

• Advertisement

Yea it wasn't publicised much but there was an option for kinect and the PS camera for sound detection. It is a novelty but a fun little one nonetheless.

plus apparently you can lean forward and you move in-game.

It was developed initially with VR support so that's probably why they tried to use some bits for flat screen gaming too.

On PC it's just a matter of copying in a dll to enable the VR mode, so it's a shame they won't do the same for PSVR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Is there much in 'the collection' version for an extra 4 quid?

JimBurnley wrote: »

If it includes all the DLC definitely... you get to play as the original Ripley in one of them and re-live the Alien movie

How does Control run on a base PS4? Remember hearing that it chugs on both the base Xbox and PS4 but it's cheap enough to take a punt.

How does Control run on a base PS4? Remember hearing that it chugs on both the base Xbox and PS4 but it's cheap enough to take a punt.

It's ok, I'm running it on a base ps4 currently and there's some bad moments, especially when it comes out from the pause menu

• Advertisement

Not sure now if there's been patches since, but freezed up a bit during busy battles when it first came out. It was clearly noticable, but not bad enough to stop it being one of the best games of last year. Highly recommend it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Can only reiterate what was said. Noticed some slow down, mostly out of the pause menu but also in a couple of scenes that were particularly busy.

Saying that I can't remember the specific parts :)

Great game and not even sure what the price is (haven't looked at the prices yet in the sale) but worth it.

Think I was slightly late but still paid 50 quid as far as I can remember.

Got a pro since playing it on base so must play it again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Judgement €11.99 on the PlayStation store.

The game isn't for everyone, it is pretty intense, but if you end up liking it you will really wish you spent the extra 4 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dohboy

This worth it? I played a bit of Yakuza 0, which I enjoyed, but gave up after growing tired of talking to people for a seemingly endless amount of time. Wondering if I'd do the same here...
    Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Judgement €11.99 on the PlayStation store.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

anyone knows if this will be valid at some point ? noticed on ps prices today that PS plus is being discounted -> https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/755069/playstation-plus-12-month-membership but sony store still shows full price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

right, must have been a mistake by psprices. They have removed that discount. Guess will have to wait till November to get some deal on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

MrZibi wrote: »
    right, must have been a mistake by psprices. They have removed that discount. Guess will have to wait till November to get some deal on that.

I have €60 PSN credit waiting for the black Friday deals myself. I picked it up for €40, so it's a win either way :D

I'm topped up on + till end 2023 already... you can never have enough + :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

anyone know if this is the most up to date trade-in list for Gamestop? Think they have FIFA 50% off if you trade-in again this year

https://www.gamestop.ie/trade-list

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    anyone know if this is the most up to date trade-in list for Gamestop? Think they have FIFA 50% off if you trade-in again this year

That is always the up to date list. It will change next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Weird there's no Ghost of Tsushima on it.

Zero-Cool wrote: »

The list hasn't been revised since June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Half the reason I asked was because Skyrim is still on it for the PS4 and I thought that couldn't be right!?

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Half the reason I asked was because Skyrim is still on it for the PS4 and I thought that couldn't be right!?

There are some oddities on the list alright. They keep listing Omega Labyrinth Z as a trade in despite the games western release being blocked by Sony. It was also refused classification by PEGI.

Instant Gaming (formerly Press Start) have discounted PSN store credit back in stock

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1784-buy-key-playstation-playstation-network-card-50e-ireland/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Instant Gaming (formerly Press Start) have discounted PSN store credit back in stock

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1784-buy-key-playstation-playstation-network-card-50e-ireland/

Comes to about €47ish if you pay with Paypal, if youpay with Credit card, its €43.99
    I've purchased from these in the past with no issues, got 2 of them there now

They've finally updated it first time in ages. Valid until end of Aug

They've finally updated it first time in ages. Valid until end of Aug

Like how they have Beyond Good and Evil 2 and the FF VII Remake on Xbox on the list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Any deals on ps sub at the moment?

• Advertisement

Advertisement