Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

It's similar to Fallout and Elder Scrolls.
    Outer Wilds is not like those.
    Outer Worlds is like those:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

coolisin wrote: »

I've literally just copped these are two different games and you lot aren't atrocious spellers for the last while :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

RedXIV wrote: »
    I've literally just copped these are two different games and you lot aren't atrocious spellers for the last while :D

You wouldn't exactly be the first person to confuse them two games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Markitron wrote: »
    You wouldn't exactly be the first person to confuse them two games

I've played one of them... Can't remember which one by its name though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

dulpit wrote: »
    Do they offer much help?

I put a near identical set on both my controllers when the thumb stick disintegration BS was going on. I like them and my thumb sticks didn’t get ruined.

I might pick up a set for the slightly raised version out of curiosity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

dulpit wrote: »
    Do they offer much help?

I got a set on ebay a while back. People use the raised one on the right stick for shooters as in theory it gives you greater accuracy. Put it like this, don't expect your K/D ratio to go through the roof. I think it was basically a scam, kontrolfreek are the ones people use but they cost €15 for a lump of plastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

coolisin wrote: »

I may have gotten the 2 mixed up due to the names but I have played both and both does involve space travel of some sort lol
    But yes I meant Outer Worlds is similar to those 2, my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Picked up Code Vein brand new in Gamestop for a tenner

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sam's Story is a free level from Metro Exodus. 7GB.
    Don't know if you have to own Metro Exodus to get it for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

F1ngers wrote: »
    Sam's Story is a free level from Metro Exodus. 7GB.
    Don't know if you have to own Metro Exodus to get it for free.

Shows as €8.99 for me!
    Any chance you already have the season pass or gold edition? :D

• Advertisement

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Shows as €8.99 for me!
    Any chance you already have the season pass or gold edition? :D

I do.
    That explains why it was free for me so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Just posted in AC Valhalla thread...

If you order direct from Ubisoft, you get 20% off by spending 100 of their u-points, should easily have them from playing odyssey. Full price for Valhalla gold edition is €100, so can get it for €80

Never ordered from them direct before but hoping they be reliable! Discount I think works on any order so useful if looking for any ubi game

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So it worked for you even though you had plus before?

Sorry, just saw this. Im not on here regularly, the answer is yes anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I clicked that despite selling my PS4 yesterday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Any one selling a cheap PS4 so I can sell my pro and not have nothing to do for 8 weeks? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Reckon there will be big deals on PS4 titles going forward (as they're only playable on PS4), or are they all playable on PS5?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

mrcheez wrote: »
    Reckon there will be big deals on PS4 titles going forward (as they're only playable on PS4), or are they all playable on PS5?

From the sounds of it, backwards compatibility on the PS5 will work with most PS4 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Sid Meier's Civilization VI for €25, anyone played this? Had one of the older ones and loved it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

RedRochey wrote: »
    Sid Meier's Civilization VI for €25, anyone played this? Had one of the older ones and loved it

Haven't tried the port onto ps4, but it's far and away my most played game on PC

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rdwrer

"PlayStation CEO Jim Ryan confirmed the PS5 is backwards compatible with '99%' of PS4 games Sony tested and that new games will still land on PS4 for at least three to four years.

In an interview with The Washington Post, Ryan stated that Sony tested "thousands" of PS4 games to see if they were backwards compatible with the PS5 and "99%" worked."

Taken from this article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Rdwrer wrote: »
    "PlayStation CEO Jim Ryan confirmed the PS5 is backwards compatible with '99%' of PS4 games Sony tested and that new games will still land on PS4 for at least three to four years.

In an interview with The Washington Post, Ryan stated that Sony tested "thousands" of PS4 games to see if they were backwards compatible with the PS5 and "99%" worked."

Taken from this article.

Anyone else dying to know what broke the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Knack :pac:

It was Fallout 76, it is known.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The 1% probably accounts for delisted games and other content like PT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Fist of the North Star is down to about 11 quid. Put a few hours into it last night, alot of fun. Just pure button bashing mayhem with some quality kills. Well worth it at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Fist of the North Star is down to about 11 quid. Put a few hours into it last night, alot of fun. Just pure button bashing mayhem with some quality kills. Well worth it at that price.

Yup, more Yakuza goodness mixed with some post apocalyptic ultra violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Deise boii

Is there any ps4 bundle deals floating around does anyone know

Where is the best price to get a year or so of PS Plus? Need to stock up before the PS5 releases.

Where is the best price to get a year or so of PS Plus? Need to stock up before the PS5 releases.

Instant gaming is my go-to for this. Currently out of stock on plus, but you can get discounted psn credit from them to put towards the plus sub

• Advertisement

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Instant gaming is my go-to for this. Currently out of stock on plus, but you can get discounted psn credit from them to put towards the plus sub

Thank you! Does buying the PSN credit work out cheaper?

Eneba currently have stock for €48.50 plus fees. If you look you should be able to find a 3% discount code.

https://www.eneba.com/psn-playstation-plus-card-365-days-ie-psn-key-ireland

Thank you! Does buying the PSN credit work out cheaper?

Costs 44 quid for 50 quid credit. So save 12% there. Sub is 60 so effectively cost you 54 if you top up with 10 yourself. Or you could buy extra credit for buying psn games etc down the line, they sell 20s as well as 50s, will give better % saving

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1784-buy-key-playstation-playstation-network-card-50e-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

CEX dropped prices on alot of PS4 games, just picked up Resi 7 for 12euro, Kingdom hearts for 10euro and horizon zero dawn for 12euro. A lot of good games dropped below 15 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

bmorrissey wrote: »
    CEX dropped prices on alot of PS4 games, just picked up Resi 7 for 12euro, Kingdom hearts for 10euro and horizon zero dawn for 12euro. A lot of good games dropped below 15 euro

Good shout!

Fallout 4 - 5
    Uncharted Lost Legacy - 10
    Yakuza 6 - 20
    Dark Souls Remastered - 22
    Death Stranding - 22
    Days Gone - 25
    Outer Worlds - 25
    Star Wars Fallen Order - 25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Ohhhh that's an interesting couple of he's I've yet to play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just remember some are part of the Plus collection on PS5 if you're getting one

Yakuza Remastered collection is in Argos for 28 euro. 3 huge games for that is great value. I'd be picking it up if i wasn't selling my ps4 next week.

Also, i don't play the wwe games and hear 2k20 was an absolute mess but Argos are selling 19 deluxe edition for 18 quid, was 80. That might get you a lot of content, might interest some.

Yakuza Remastered collection is in Argos for 28 euro. 3 huge games for that is great value. I'd be picking it up if i wasn't selling my ps4 next week.

Also, i don't play the wwe games and hear 2k20 was an absolute mess but Argos are selling 19 deluxe edition for 18 quid, was 80. That might get you a lot of content, might interest some.

Are you trading your ps4 into gamestop /CEX or adverts? Was planning to trade into Gamestop but they only giving 200 for the Pro

• Advertisement

Are you trading your ps4 into gamestop /CEX or adverts? Was planning to trade into Gamestop but they only giving 200 for the Pro

My friend is looking for a pro so selling it to him.

My friend is looking for a pro so selling it to him.

You're sorted then. If only CEX didn't drop their prices. I'm probably going to just hold onto mine for a bit and see if Gamestop do another trade boost

Your sorted then. If only CEX didn't drop their prices. I'm probably going to just hold onto mine for a bit and see if Gamestop do an other trade boost

I see they are going for 250 on adverts and Facebook. I'm giving to my friend for less than that with mates rates, happy it's going to a good home and also not having to deal with yocky strangers.

Saying that, would be no harm if you stuck an ad up just to see if anyone bites.

I see they are going for 250 on adverts and Facebook. I'm giving to my friend for less than that with mates rates, happy it's going to a good home and also not having to deal with yocky strangers.

Saying that, would be no harm if you stuck an ad up just to see if anyone bites.
    See that's why I'm trying to avoid selling privately, you've no idea who you'll meet. My brother has level 3 with Gamestop so gonna check how much I'd get a trade in with that.

See that's why I'm trying to avoid selling privately, you've no idea who you'll meet. My brother has level 3 with Gamestop so gonna check how much I'd get a trade in with that.

You know that level 3 can give it a nice boost, worth trying.

Speaking of, last time i was in GS about a month ago, they asked me if i wanted to upgrade to level 3. After saying i already was, they informed me that level 3 only lasts a year and then goes back to level 2. Absolute fukkery.

Goodluck with getting rid.

You know that level 3 can give it a nice boost, worth trying.

Speaking of, last time i was in GS about a month ago, they asked me if i wanted to upgrade to level 3. After saying i already was, they informed me that level 3 only lasts a year and then goes back to level 2. Absolute fukkery.

Goodluck with getting rid.
    Yeah I've been level 2 twice over the years as I hardly spent money there at all and it always expires. Level 3 gives 10% so that would be 220 which I would be happy with. It would go towards the series X next year anyway or ps5 extra storage if they sell it

€35 until the 7th with PS+ for those of us not interested in leaving the house. :pac:

You missed out, the Pro had a boosted trade value of €250 for September. Got €287.50 for trading mine in on Monday with my level 4 card.

F1ngers wrote: »
    €35 until the 7th with PS+ for those of us not interested in leaving the house. :pac:

Fallout has prepared me to gear up and head out into the wastelands for a 7 euro saving :)

That collection is tempting to have it on the back burner for the PS5 though. The new Yakuza coming out doesn't sound too appealing to me.

• Advertisement

Gamestop trade list for October. The advertising of half price trading against new games is vs €70 games so you effectively get €35 credit for any on the list

https://www.gamestop.ie/trade-list

Advertisement