Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So with this sale starting and with new PlayStation owners, and mainly because I can't remember other places, instant-gaming.com and eneba.com are the places for Irish credit?

Correct, along with cdkeys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cdkeys doesn't do Irish cards, that I see.

Never mind, see it now. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cdkeys doesn't do Irish cards, that I see.

Never mind, see it now. Thanks

They do, but have been sold out for a long time.

They do, but have been sold out for a long time.

Yeah eneba probably best place atm for credit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah though hardly worth it to save a few quid after they add their fees, even with the discount

Yeah though hardly worth it to save a few quid after they add their fees, even with the discount

Yeah the 20 euro credit isn't worth it but 50 euro is, unfortunately it's been out of stock for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Anyone know if CEX and/or Gamestop accepting trade in for games at the moment before end of lockdown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

FIFA 21 is £32.99 on Amazon for PS4.

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Anyone know if CEX and/or Gamestop accepting trade in for games at the moment before end of lockdown?

Cex are. You need to arrange it by the website though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Logitech G29 wheel is nearly half price on amazon, and is apparently compatible with the Ps5

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Logitech G29 wheel is nearly half price on amazon, and is apparently compatible with the Ps5

It is compatible. You can also get an adaptor to make it work with Xbox platforms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

It is compatible. You can also get an adaptor to make it work with Xbox platforms.

Would you know what kind of adapter that would be as using one wheel across Xbox/PlayStation would be easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

duploelabs wrote: »
    Son asked for one of these for Xmas, but it was always £250, so I bought a Thrustmaster Ferrari instead as it was more than half the price.

Is the G29 much better? Should I get the G29 now and sell the Thrustmaster on?

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Would you know what kind of adapter that would be as using one wheel across Xbox/PlayStation would be easier.

This is what you need. Works on PS and Xbox.

https://shop.cronusmax.com/drivehub.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Anyone have any experience with shopto? Ordered Cyberpunk from there, I don't need it on day one or anything but don't want to be waiting weeks either

Markitron wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience with shopto? Ordered Cyberpunk from there, I don't need it on day one or anything but don't want to be waiting weeks either

They're fine, anything I've ordered has arrived promptly.

Only issue I've had with them is it only accepts payments via PayPal on my account, entering my card directly always fails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Only used once but they delivered FF VII Remake before release date, can't remember if by 1 day or a couple was a nice bonus.

They're fine, anything I've ordered has arrived promptly.

Only issue I've had with them is it only accepts payments via PayPal on my account, entering my card directly always fails.
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Only used once but they delivered FF VII Remake before release date, can't remember if by 1 day or a couple was a nice bonus.

Thanks. Since I can't play it on day 1 anyway I didn't see the point of keeping my smyths click and collect order, was a few quid cheaper to have it delivered directly from these guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Ordered a PSVR from them, and then ended up sending me 2 units!

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    Ordered a PSVR from them, and then ended up sending me 2 units!

Nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Are fifa points region specific?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

got RE3 for about 9e from turkey and I see mortal shell is reduced to about 11.50, well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

NIMAN wrote: »
    Son asked for one of these for Xmas, but it was always £250, so I bought a Thrustmaster Ferrari instead as it was more than half the price.

Is the G29 much better? Should I get the G29 now and sell the Thrustmaster on?

I picked up a G29 the other day but can't tell you which is better. It's a fun bit of kit and I got an XR Circuit racing seat too so it's a cheap enough sim rig. The brake pedal is quite stiff though so can be hard on the left knee/ankle. Some games will let you remap the brake to the clutch pedal which has a lot more give so that's a way around the issue. I've been using it on Gran Turismo sport but they've no remapping function for pedals for the G29 but I think they do for Thrustmaster wheels

Hope that can help

Jesus the cost of digital games is crazy,

I’m looking to get a few for the young lad for Xmas,

A/C Valhalla
    MW Cold War
    Tlou 2
    GTA V

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Jesus the cost of digital games is crazy,

I’m looking to get a few for the young lad for Xmas,

A/C Valhalla
    MW Cold War
    Tlou 2
    GTA V

I know no chat but how young is a young lad.
    can I say Last of Us is extremely violent. Couple unsettling bits in it.

A/C Valhalla is a new game so no discounts yet.
    Same with MW
    Physical copies of the last of us and GTA depending on the system would be cheaper to pick up surely.

• Advertisement

coolisin wrote: »
    I know no chat but how young is a young lad.
    can I say Last of Us is extremely violent. Couple unsettling bits in it.

A/C Valhalla is a new game so no discounts yet.
    Same with MW
    Physical copies of the last of us and GTA depending on the system would be cheaper to pick up surely.

I assumed from the post that this is the digital PS5 we are talking about here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Where is the best place to get the best price / discounted price in CrossGen Ps4/Ps5 version of COD Cold War in Digital format?

I have PS5 and Ps4 Pro and want to play with my son (old enough!!) in the same house...

I assume this will work?

Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sticker wrote: »
    Where is the best place to get the best price / discounted price in CrossGen Ps4/Ps5 version of COD Cold War in Digital format?

I have PS5 and Ps4 Pro and want to play with my son (old enough!!) in the same house...

I assume this will work?

Thanks

On the PSN store.
    Cost €37.50 per person.
    Buy the cross gen bundle and off you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

F1ngers wrote: »
    On the PSN store.
    Cost €37.50 per person.
    Buy the cross gen bundle and off you go.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Bey0nd

Cex are. You need to arrange it by the website though.

Apologies for piggy backing on somebody elses query - I got a Playstation for my godson from Tesco this morning but it turns out his father was able to get him one from Harvey Norman. I was going to trade it in to CEX, but even though the website says they pay cash, when I was there they were only offering bank transfer. I told the girl working there I'd think about it - didn't feel comfortable leaving with no console and no cash! Is that normal for CEX?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

If it's a PlayStation 5 would you not sell it to someone on her me and loads more are looking for one at same price you paid for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Bey0nd wrote: »
    Apologies for piggy backing on somebody elses query - I got a Playstation for my godson from Tesco this morning but it turns out his father was able to get him one from Harvey Norman. I was going to trade it in to CEX, but even though the website says they pay cash, when I was there they were only offering bank transfer. I told the girl working there I'd think about it - didn't feel comfortable leaving with no console and no cash! Is that normal for CEX?

I traded something in last week and had the money in bank less than 24 hours later.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I traded something in last week and had the money in bank less than 24 hours later.

Is that a new thing? I trade in games a lot and have always got either cash or a voucher, though i havent been in over a year. Is it just bank transfers for high value items?

Bey0nd wrote: »
    Is that a new thing? I trade in games a lot and have always got either cash or a voucher, though i havent been in over a year. Is it just bank transfers for high value items?

Would assume it's a covid thing. My items weren't high value at all.

I wasn't allowed into the shop.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Would assume it's a covid thing. My items weren't high value at all.

I wasn't allowed into the shop.

Ah, maybe its because they just dont want to handle cash then. Same here, the door was closed but I could see the girl inside so I just knocked/waved and she came to the door.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rdwrer

It's not a covid thing. The staff would only have a float of usually €300 to start the day. Depending what time you go in and what they have already bought off people, they may not have enough cash, hence the transfer. I sold them a phone a year ago and she said it was too early and if she gave me the €220, it would only leave her with €40 so she transferred it to my bank account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Rdwrer wrote: »
    It's not a covid thing. The staff would only have a float of usually €300 to start the day. Depending what time you go in and what they have already bought off people, they may not have enough cash, hence the transfer. I sold them a phone a year ago and she said it was too early and if she gave me the €220, it would only leave her with €40 so she transferred it to my bank account.

They don't offer cash at all now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

DrZeuss wrote: »

If I have a PS5, would I best be off holding out for a PS5 version or should so just get this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Argos have some great deals today.

Death Stranding - 15.73
    Subnautica 17.70
    Yakuza Remastered Collection - 26.55

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Out of stock(Dublin) unfortunately.

Lemlin wrote: »
    If I have a PS5, would I best be off holding out for a PS5 version or should so just get this?

In my opinion, you should wait. The complete silence around this when Ghosts of Tsushima and Days Gone received a patch speaks volumes IMO. I don't know if it will be a patch or a new release but something is coming in the next 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Death Stranding - 15.73
    Subnautica 17.70

Anyone else having trouble trying to buy something? It's telling me that the 'Payment Service is Not Available'.

Death Stranding - 15.73
    Subnautica 17.70

Horizon Zero Dawn- less that €8

Have it Reserved, bet it comes to peplums in January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Anyone else having trouble trying to buy something? It's telling me that the 'Payment Service is Not Available'.

Finally got it just now.

Nice... finally something I can use up my Me2You card on ;)

Nice... finally something I can use up my Me2You card on ;)

maybe a silly question but are Argos stores open at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yes, for click & collect. Reserve on the site, go to the store, there will be a person at the door asking if you have reserved something. Then they will let you into the payment desk, and you collect it as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

They sure are, you just need to reserve your item before entry into the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Is Crash Team Racing worth a punt? It's only 14 euro in the store at the moment.

Advertisement