Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Metal Slug 3 for 2.50, gotta get it for that price. Such a fun game

Edit: The Metal Slug Anthology is 5.99 savage value

It seems to be a sale on lots of classics or remastered versions thereof.

For example Gods Remastered for €3.99 interests me.... memories of a wasted youth.

That and the Metal Slug Anthology look right up my alley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

mrcheez wrote: »
    It seems to be a sale on lots of classics or remastered versions thereof.

For example Gods Remastered for €3.99 interests me.... memories of a wasted youth.

That and the Metal Slug Anthology look right up my alley

I was looking into the Metal Slug Anthology out of curiosity and in Europe it has horrendous input lag and runs at 50fps.
    I didn't buy it or anything thankfully.
    I would recommend people do not buy it.
    The king of fighters collection is supposed to be the same.
    They used the crap pal 50hz versions that nobody wanted and run like ****.
    Save your fiver and emulate it or buy it somewhere else.
    Really unforgivable and Sony shouldn't be allowed keep those up.
    It should be changed to 60hz version over here.
    No one wants that slow laggy ****.
    They took down that other trainwreck Cyberpunk so this should have been fixed.
    A lot of the PS2 to PS4 emulations run at 50fps over in Europe only which shouldn't have been allowed and Sony should have been lambasted for it but there's not enough people buying those games for them to care or do anything about it.

I do recommend Yakuza Zero at 5 euro though as that's a very good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Tempted, yet again, by the DmC HD Trilogy for €15. I know I'll like them, but the graphics could turn me off, such is the snobbery I'm getting for what I consider playable these days.

I did pick up Shing! for a fiver, no idea what it'll be like. And Outword for €15, but I'm not sure about it. I've played about an hour, did the 40 odd min tutorial, got the game intro, spoke to a few people, ventured outside in the pitch dark, got knocked out by bandits, woke up in their prison, got knocked out when I tried to escape (the cell is unlocked), woke up in the prison again, repeat x 3, woke up outside the bandit camp the last time as if the game was saying "Well, you're that bad we're just gonna go ahead and pretend you escaped). Hmmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I never played Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, but it's apparently one of the best Tomb Raiders. Picked it up at €2.99 on PSN if anyone is interested, can't go wrong at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Cienciano wrote: »
    I never played Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, but it's apparently one of the best Tomb Raiders. Picked it up at €2.99 on PSN if anyone is interested, can't go wrong at that price.

Yeah it's great... finished it on PC last year, very enjoyable and you put Lara through so much grief :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

Bargain of the century...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Game name checks out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Cienciano wrote: »

I bought it for €2.99 too.
    Really enjoyed it.
    Id say im about 60% through it at the moment.
    I pick it up for a couple of hours about twice a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

mrcheez wrote: »
    Yeah it's great... finished it on PC last year, very enjoyable and you put Lara through so much grief :D

I love how she is all freaked out about killing a person and then within 5 mins she has seamlessly turned into Arnie in the last 20 mins of Commando.

It is, BY FAR, the best game of the recent trilogy. The sequels really bogged the formula down in open-world nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Markitron wrote: »
    I love how she is all freaked out about killing a person and then within 5 mins she has seamlessly turned into Arnie in the last 20 mins of Commando.

That's your choice on how you play it, I'm playing it now and you can really stealth and sneak a round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,352 ✭✭✭✭noodler

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    That's your choice on how you play it, I'm playing it now and you can really stealth and sneak a round.

Maybe for a while but can't last

Edit: stealth kills are still kills also!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

If I recall rightly, Lara kills someone for the first time and there is a cut scene where she breaks down and is in tears. Then she killing everyone with no bother.
    It one of those odd stories versus game problems. I could bring up Last of Us 2 as another example but I would have to go into spoliers.

jface187 wrote: »
    If I recall rightly, Lara kills someone for the first time and there is a cut scene where she breaks down and is in tears. Then she killing everyone with no bother.
    It one of those odd stories versus game problems. I could bring up Last of Us 2 as another example but I would have to go into spoliers.

I'm playing it, it's not exactly like that, she's still reluctant to kill people until about the point where Grim dies and they have Sam then she turns on them. It's very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

I'm playing it, it's not exactly like that, she's still reluctant to kill people until about the point where Grim dies and they have Sam then she turns on them. It's very well done.

She not really reluctant, your killing people left and right after the first guy.
    It's one of those things with these action type games. It's hard to keep the story in line with the gameplay a lot of the time.

Just bought the witcher game of the year for 9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

JimmyVik wrote: »

Seen that myself, think im finally gonna give in and buy it.

Also tempted by FIFA 21 fancy edition at 25 euro. Might get it and cancel EA play

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭VeryRapidSkoda

The witcher is about 5.50 euro in Turkey. They are making it difficult to buy with a similar payment method issue like netflix (see bargain alerts) It has to be done in incognito mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

The witcher is about 5.50 euro in Turkey. They are making it difficult to buy with a similar payment method issue like netflix (see bargain alerts) It has to be done in incognito mode.

Which card do you use? I failed on the playstation itself. Haven't tried the browser

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭VeryRapidSkoda

Which card do you use? I failed on the playstation itself. Haven't tried the browser
    Revolut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Is that the version that gets a ps5 free upgrade later this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

JimBurnley wrote: »

Afaik all current versions will get the upgrade.

JimBurnley wrote: »

I wouldn't go relying on that timeline tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Markitron wrote: »
    I wouldn't go relying on that timeline tbh

Cyberpunk will surely be their priority for the foreseeable future

Cyberpunk will surely be their priority for the foreseeable future

Exactly, I Wouldn’t be surprised to see it get pushed to next year

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Revolut

Do you have use the disposable card or your main revoult card? I know revolt changed from visa to Mastercard a few months ago which basically ruled out the Turkish store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Best €9.99 you'll ever spend!

I did that 2 years ago and still regret it, the combat is abysmal among other issues, I wanted to like it. 10 hours and I just hated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

I did that 2 years ago and still regret it, the combat is abysmal among other issues, I wanted to like it. 10 hours and I just hated it.

I think it took me more than 10 hours to get into it too.. I wasn't a fan at all for the first while but now it's my favourite game of all time I think

• Advertisement

I havent played it yet, but I hope its better than Control.
    I played control for a few hour the other day and really, really had to puch my self to keep playing it.
    After I stopped I just decided I wont play that again.
    One of the worst games I ever played.

Advertisement