Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Markitron wrote: »
    Avengers has a free upgrade right? 35 quid for the PS5 version sounds about right for me.

PS5 upgrade announced yesterday for 18th March

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

PS5 upgrade announced yesterday for 18th March

Sweet, might just make this worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I got The Division 2 on Disk as a present at the weekend and really enjoying it. I'm seeing the full version with the Warlords of New York expansion on sale for €18 with PS Plus (the expansion is still full price at €30. If I buy this version will I be able to transfer my disk version save over to the digital version? I couldn't do it with Days Gone and I'm just wondering if I'll have the same hassle here.

I got The Division 2 on Disk as a present at the weekend and really enjoying it. I'm seeing the full version with the Warlords of New York expansion on sale for €18 with PS Plus (the expansion is still full price at €30. If I buy this version will I be able to transfer my disk version save over to the digital version? I couldn't do it with Days Gone and I'm just wondering if I'll have the same hassle here.

Do you still have access to the Days Gone disk? The same thing happened to me and I thought if I loaded the save on the disc version and then updated/uploaded it, it might work on the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Markitron wrote: »
    Do you still have access to the Days Gone disk? The same thing happened to me and I thought if I loaded the save on the disc version and then updated/uploaded it, it might work on the PS5.

No, I traded it in when I got the platinum for RE2. I was hoping to give the New Game Plus a spin on the PS5 but no dice because my save from the Disk version won't work with the Digital one. It's very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

fixXxer wrote: »
    I think they make it back with season passes to unlock characters.

Yeah they really took the piss with season passes and prices too. At least SFV gave you the all in one upgrades for a relatively good price.

No, I traded it in when I got the platinum for RE2. I was hoping to give the New Game Plus a spin on the PS5 but no dice because my save from the Disk version won't work with the Digital one. It's very annoying.

Yea the same happened to me. I am fairly certain if you load the save up on the disk version and copy it over it would be fine.

If you are already playing the division on PS5 you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Might pick up No Mans Sky. Anyone have it and know is it worth it? I heard good things after all the updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

titan18 wrote: »
    Might pick up No Mans Sky. Anyone have it and know is it worth it? I heard good things after all the updates.

If its on sale, go for it. you can explore, follow the story line, become a space pirate or just base build. Or do all at the same time. Not sure its worth full price yet, but definitely worth it at sale price.

Bought it myself and easily put in 150+ hours and hardly noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

If its on sale, go for it. you can explore, follow the story line, become a space pirate or just base build. Or do all at the same time. Not sure its worth full price yet, but definitely worth it at sale price.

Ya, it's down to £20 pound on the double deal sale so caught my attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

titan18 wrote: »

I picked it up when the VR update was announced/hinted at for €10
    And its good the constant HUGE updates lots to do. Looking at videos from 2016 and playing it 3 years later its a huge improvement.
    But I picked it up for €10 so I can forgive a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Everytime I select Division 2 Warlords of New York on my PS5 it opens a page for the trial version of the game. It lets me open the Full Game for €30 and the expansion on its own for €12 but it won't open either of the other versions that have both. Anyone know if I can fix this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Everytime I select Division 2 Warlords of New York on my PS5 it opens a page for the trial version of the game. It lets me open the Full Game for €30 and the expansion on its own for €12 but it won't open either of the other versions that have both. Anyone know if I can fix this?

Had a quick look, I can add any of them to my cart.
    The €30, €24 and €18 ones also have a trial option.
    The expansion only(€12) did not include the trial.

Do you already own the base game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

F1ngers wrote: »
    Had a quick look, I can add any of them to my cart.
    The €30, €24 and €18 ones also have a trial option.
    The expansion only(€12) did not include the trial.

Do you already own the base game?

No but I think there might have been a free weekend trial or something a number of months ago. The trial version is in my library, although I never played it. Now I can't remove it and every time I choose one of those two options it just opens the page to download the trial again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

coolisin wrote: »

I picked it up when the VR update was announced/hinted at for €10
    And its good the constant HUGE updates lots to do. Looking at videos from 2016 and playing it 3 years later its a huge improvement.
    But I picked it up for €10 so I can forgive a lot!

Got the same deal. Was it in Cex by any chance?

Got it the day the VR mode was announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

mrcheez wrote: »
    Got the same deal. Was it in Cex by any chance?

Got it the day the VR mode was announced.

Hahaha yeah it was.
    A flipping stack of them on the shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

bit of a grey bargain but I have had 2 deliveries from base.com recently GoT and TLOU2, they both arrived without the vat applied and I was not asked to pay for it on this end

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Skerries wrote: »
    bit of a grey bargain but I have had 2 deliveries from base.com recently GoT and TLOU2, they both arrived without the vat applied and I was not asked to pay for it on this end

How much for TLOU2?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Flashback for 2 euro, surely worth it for nostalgia sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Flashback for 2 euro, surely worth it for nostalgia sake.

yeah tis great... I'm kicking myself that I bought it for €10 as it's dropped several times much lower within weeks after, but it plays great.

I got Gods Remastered recently for €3 and loving that (it's gone back up to €10 now)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

madmoe wrote: »
    How much for TLOU2?

Thanks

with delivery £30.07

The Last of Us Part II (PS4) (x1) , £27.38 + £2.69 shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Does no mans sky have much of a plot/story or is it more of an open world exploration

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Kinda wanna buy Resi 6 again and try for a third time to finish the whole game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Waiting until the March PlayStation Plus games are announced next week before I buy anything in this sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You've over 150 hours and still don't think it's worth full price?! That's like those negative reviews on Steam from players with hundreds of hours played.

Haven't seen it full price for a long time though. If full price is €60.
    Cotts72 wrote: »
    Does no mans sky have much of a plot/story or is it more of an open world exploration

It's definitely open world exploration, with each of the 3+ billion planets being explorable, if not quite repetitive after a while. But there are stories. They're not groundbreaking or not going to win any awards, but there are stories to push you forward. Briefly, there's the end goal of reaching the centre of the galaxy but no real story with that, just a "what will happen" kinda thing, and not something you'll get done anytime soon, it's 6000 odd lightyears away!

There's a story about another "Traveler" that you help out. And there's a story about this overarching entity that you can follow also. You can do all at the same time, or concentrate on 1 at a time (one actually brings you in the opposite direction to the centre, at least in my playthroughs).

It's not the same game it was when it released. It's got a huge amount of content, but still relies on the land/scavenge/build/repeat system. I reckon I've over 300 hours across a few different playthroughs, and only finished 1 of the stories once. Again, they're not amazing, more of a reason to keep going to find out, rather than a "must do" thing. For the cheap as chips prices you can get it at these days, it's well worth it just to experience.

Re: Bargains - Dying Light at €13 is some of the best money you'll ever spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Where’s Dying Light for €13?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    It was down to that price during the last sale on the psn store that ended last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

ItsHoggie wrote: »

Can’t believe there is no sequel, great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Can’t believe there is no sequel, great game.

Sequel should be getting released this/next year. Devs delayed it a couple of times, removing a date altogether in with the last delay. They are celebrating 6th Anniversary of the first game next week so might have some news for us.

• Advertisement

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Kinda wanna buy Resi 6 again and try for a third time to finish the whole game.

Your money would be better spent if you donated it to Q Anon.

DO NOT BUY RESI 6!!!!

Advertisement