Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

You've over 150 hours and still don't think it's worth full price?! That's like those negative reviews on Steam from players with hundreds of hours played.

Haven't seen it full price for a long time though. If full price is €60.

I'll rephrase, Its not worth the full price pricetag. Its not a AAA game so it shouldn't be commanding a AAA game price tag. I enjoy it, I haven't played it in a few months, but I'll go back to it again. The 150 hours I spent in it was a lot of grinding. From what I've seen in here, from a lot of the commenters, they play a game, finish the story, then sell it on. so its not worth dropping full price for something that you can complete the story line within 5 hours, when you know what you're at.

Thats my justification for telling people to not drop full price on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Markitron wrote: »
    Your money would be better spent if you donated it to Q Anon.

DO NOT BUY RESI 6!!!!

I loved 5 and tried 6 straight after it on Xbox 360 but couldn’t get into it.

Would be tempted to buy it here to try again. Was/is it really that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Yes. Yes it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

It's completely bloated and utterly forgettable. I played it and completed it but I'm damned if I can remember a single thing about it beyond there being 4 separate campaigns - and I had to google that just to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

I'll defend 5, i really thought it was a fun game with a really fun mercenaries mode (better than 4). But 6 i found just to be tedious, i bought it twice already (bought it, didnt like it, traded it in. i done that twice. just couldn't finish it).

I havent played it in about 5 years roughly....i just wanna finish it more so than anything just to say i did :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

bmorrissey wrote: »
    I'll defend 5, i really thought it was a fun game with a really fun mercenaries mode (better than 4). But 6 i found just to be tedious, i bought it twice already (bought it, didnt like it, traded it in. i done that twice. just couldn't finish it).

I havent played it in about 5 years roughly....i just wanna finish it more so than anything just to say i did :pac:

RE5 is a terrible sequel to RE4, but then RE4 is the single greatest piece of media ever created, so its practically impossible to measure up to it. Taken in isolation, RE5 is a very good horror action game.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

RE5 is a terrible sequel to RE4, but then RE4 is the single greatest piece of media ever created,

I've seen this posted a lot. I completed RE4 a couple of months ago having never played it originally. I found it a good game but also far too long and with really frustrating controls. I get the feeling it's a nostalgia thing that holds it in such high regard because it's far from a masterpiece.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I've seen this posted a lot. I completed RE4 a couple of months ago having never played it originally. I found it a good game but also far too long and with really frustrating controls. I get the feeling it's a nostalgia thing that holds it in such high regard because it's far from a masterpiece.

I'd like to see Resident Evil 4 get a remake like RE2 and RE3 did. I really enjoyed it at the time but I suspect it would annoy the piss out of me if I played it now. Don't think I'd have ever considered the greatest game ever made, even at the time. Can any game ever live up to that title?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'd like to see Resident Evil 4 get a remake like RE2 and RE3 did. I really enjoyed it at the time but I suspect it would annoy the piss out of me if I played it now. Don't think I'd have ever considered the greatest game ever made, even at the time. Can any game ever live up to that title?

The Wii version with the wiimote for targeting made it an amazing experience. A Switch version using the Joycons would be worth an update. PS4/PS5/XBX much less so.

fixXxer wrote: »
    The Wii version with the wiimote for targeting made it an amazing experience. A Switch version using the Joycons would be worth an update. PS4/PS5/XBX much less so.

Being able to move and shoot would do a lot to improve and update the game across all consoles. RE2 update showed you could update this without sacrificing the tension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

A PSVR update and am sold

• Registered Users Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Yup, my first time with RE4 a couple months back was by way to the Wii version and I can confirm it is the beesiest of kneesiest That said, a lot of my enjoyment was tied to the ease of aiming - I can see why having to track the sticks manually to aim would take the wind out of the game quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Some ps5 games on sale in Smyths. Pathless (30) and Dirt 5 (35) have my interest, anyone played and recommend these?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Some ps5 games on sale in Smyths. Pathless (30) and Dirt 5 (35) have my interest, anyone played and recommend these?

Smyths have been shyte this lockdown. The majority of games i click on aren't in stock, can't be bought online and say 'no longer available' but will have a sale price like resi 3 down from 35 to 25, I've stopped checking them but hope they get stock available again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

JimBurnley wrote: »

I got Dirt 5. I wasnt impressed. And found the haptic feedback and the triggers very annoying and distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

RE5 is a terrible sequel to RE4, but then RE4 is the single greatest piece of media ever created, so its practically impossible to measure up to it. Taken in isolation, RE5 is a very good horror action game.

Loved Res Evil 5 purely for the couch co-op , finished it recently with the missus.

Got Res 6 for similar experience but couldn't get into it. With exception of some Lego games, there hasn't really been many great immersive couch co op games we played.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Sniper Elite v4 deluxe for a tenner is an absolute steal, tremendously fun game.

Think I'll give this a whirl with one of the lads, says the campaign is 2 player co op

Sniper Elite v4 deluxe for a tenner is an absolute steal, tremendously fun game.

Was this not a ps plus game at some point for free no?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Carodh

Could someone recommend somewhere in Ireland to buy a steering wheel & pedals for use with Farm simulator. I’m not prepared to pay out €250 /300 for a Logitech one but that’s all that seems to be coming up.

I’d like to buy in Ireland so if anyone can recommend a store local to them that would be great. Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

Interested in Persona 5 Royal but not that fussed that would pay full price. Any chance of a discount anywhere in the coming weeks?

Carodh wrote: »
    Could someone recommend somewhere in Ireland to buy a steering wheel & pedals for use with Farm simulator. I’m not prepared to pay out €250 /300 for a Logitech one but that’s all that seems to be coming up.

I’d like to buy in Ireland so if anyone can recommend a store local to them that would be great. Thanks for your help.

Honestly I wouldn’t bother unless you go for a Logitech. You’ll regret getting a cheap one as you’ll get what you pay for.

Logitech is considered the best entry level wheel. I picked mine up 2nd hand on adverts for €200. So keep an eye out second hand would be my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Oymyakon wrote: »
    Interested in Persona 5 Royal but not that fussed that would pay full price. Any chance of a discount anywhere in the coming weeks?

€37 on shop4ie.

https://www.shop4ie.com/ps4-games/persona-5-royal-ps4-game

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

Nice one! Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Anyone own Wreckfest? There's 2 car packs free at the moment. I bought it last year, was browsing sales, clicked on the game to see if add ons were on sale. 2 car packs free

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

The Last of Us Part 2 is currently €23.94 delivered at Argos.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7442984.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

It let me reserve it in store, €17.99

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Has anyone played Judgement?
    It's from the makers of Yakuza.
    Metacritic gives it an 80%, so seems decent.
    Anyone here played it?
    Is it any good?

€19.79 until the 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

F1ngers wrote: »
    Has anyone played Judgement?
    It's from the makers of Yakuza.
    Metacritic gives it an 80%, so seems decent.
    Anyone here played it?
    Is it any good?

€19.79 until the 24th.

I did, played a few chapters and traded it. It seemed like a good 'Yakuza' game but i couldn't get into it. Wasn't a fan of the main character but the detective side of things was interesting. Except tailing missions. I actually quit on my 4th attempt at one as it was going on too long and i kept failing due to lack of patience. Other Yakuza fans rave about it though. I must give it another go but in no rush to buy again. Sorry, probably not very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Fantastic deal and thanks! Can't wait to get stuck into this, loved the first one! First game I fully completed on my PS5, well technically second after Astro ;-) :D

Advertisement