Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Tralee / Dingle

• 26-07-2018 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello

can anyone out there give me a little advice - I want to move to Kerry to be near the sea/mountains from Kildare area. Was thinking I would have a better chance of getting job and place to live closer to Tralee than Dingle. Any advice welcome. I don't know anyone in Kerry so it's a new start but Kerry is beautiful so i'm on a winner already! It's also such a big decision - to uproot and start again but it's now or never. I'd hate to get look back and regret that I didn't try.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

What's your line of work ?

Tralee is a big commercial town, Dingle not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Slapthedonkey

Admin - office

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Hello

can anyone out there give me a little advice - I want to move to Kerry to be near the sea/mountains from Kildare area. Was thinking I would have a better chance of getting job and place to live closer to Tralee than Dingle. Any advice welcome. I don't know anyone in Kerry so it's a new start but Kerry is beautiful so i'm on a winner already! It's also such a big decision - to uproot and start again but it's now or never. I'd hate to get look back and regret that I didn't try.

Thanks in advance.

Dingle is about a 40 minute drive from Tralee, but I know a good few people who live in Dingle or Annascaul & commute to Tralee, or vice versa. You could look to live in between the two. There would be a lot of office/admin jobs in Tralee. There’s the council to start with and the likes of Kerry Group. Then obviously many smaller offices in the town.

There’s a post down the page regarding moving to Kerry which had a lot of good advice etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Just a few questions, more for yourself rather than to answer here.
    You say you know no-one in Kerry - it is a beautiful county but have you considered how you might get to know some new people? Scenery is only part of what makes up a place - the people are important too :)
    Do you have a car or some means of transport? There is a bus service from Dingle to Tralee but it's fairly basic and wouldn't suit working hours if travelling to Dingle. Better if travelling towards Tralee from the west.
    Accomodation is expensive in Dingle - if you can get it at all. Tralee would be a much better option in that regard.
    Have you ever visited Kerry outside of the usual holiday times? A place can seem very different in October or February, rather than June or August - better or worse, depending on what you like in a place.
    If you have any specific questions please post them, and as Ciarrai says above you'll find a few similar posts which might give you some info too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Slapthedonkey

Thanks for advice - lots to think about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement