Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a fitted/custom size shelving cupboard made?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Suckit wrote: »
    I was looking around to get a white gloss shelving unit with doors made for the end of a Kitchen unit.
    I have only got one quote so far, and the price seemed very high to me, but I have nothing to compare it to.
    Tried panelling centre too, but they don't do them.

Something like this but with solid doors
    http://amarigauti.win/ikea-white-bookcase/ikea-white-bookcase-living-room-designs-billy-bookcase-with-doors-beige-regarding-white-bookcases-with-doors-white-bookcases-white-gloss-bookcase-ikea-uk/

It is a specific size so needs to fit into the area that it is wanted for, e.g. 40cm x 60cm x 216cm

I don't know how handy you are at DIY but B&Q will cut the pieces to any size you specify once you buy from there.

Any decent handyman or carpenter will be able to assemble it and fit the doors if you can't do it yourself.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I don't know how handy you are at DIY but B&Q will cut the pieces to any size you specify once you buy from there.

Any decent handyman or carpenter will be able to assemble it and fit the doors if you can't do it yourself.

Great, will try there. Thanks.

Didn't even think of them because it has a white gloss coat or cover on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Just to follow up. I had rang B&Q previously looking for a cabinet/shelving unit for the area, but was told that they had nothing like that in gloss white or that size.
    So fast forward after trying a few places and getting quotes, I went back to B&Q after your post and asked about buying and getting cut to size, I was put in contact with another department and the guy there suggested a unit that they have in stock (going off the dimensions I gave him), I went in to look at it, and it's perfect! :D
    It is on legs that can be adjusted to match the height of the other kitchen units. White gloss and optional doors. Doors seem expensive though, as they are more expensive the unit and the pack of shelves combined, by quite a bit. So I may look a little more for the door(s) but the unit is perfect. :)
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Suckit wrote: »
    Just to follow up. I had rang B&Q previously looking for a cabinet/shelving unit for the area, but was told that they had nothing like that in gloss white or that size.
    So fast forward after trying a few places and getting quotes, I went back to B&Q after your post and asked about buying and getting cut to size, I was put in contact with another department and the guy there suggested a unit that they have in stock (going off the dimensions I gave him), I went in to look at it, and it's perfect! :D
    It is on legs that can be adjusted to match the height of the other kitchen units. White gloss and optional doors. Doors seem expensive though, as they are more expensive the unit and the pack of shelves combined, by quite a bit. So I may look a little more for the door(s) but the unit is perfect. :)
    Thanks again.

Delighted for ya Suckit, you're one of the good guys on here that goes out of their way to help others.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Advertisement