Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding MPRN of new apartment (PAYG)

Options
  • 26-07-2018 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

I'm currently in the process of moving and need the MPRN of my new place in order to bring my account over. It's a PAYG service in the new apartment and I don't currently have access to the main meter box outside. What's the best way to go about finding the MPRN?

As a follow up, the PAYG service here is still in someone elses name, but I have topped it up while moving. If I bring my account over to the new place, will I lose whatever credit is currently on the meter?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi SwarfegaHead,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We recommend closing your account for your previous address first, then telephoning the dedicated Electric Ireland PAYG team in relation to your new address (phone 1850 372 372 or 01 8529534 - they are open until 8pm Monday to Saturday, excluding public holidays).

If you advise the PAYG agent of your new address and the long number (beginning with 98) on the PAYG card left by the previous occupant, they will be able to find the MPRN with this information. The only thing is, they may require a meter-reading from the main ESB Networks meter - would it be possible to request this from someone who might have access to the meter? (For example, property owner or agency). See what the PAYG agent says first though - a meter-reading from the PAYG meter itself may suffice. They can also advise you regarding the credit you purchased.

The information they will require is your existing Electric Ireland account number (to reopen it) and any receipt(s) you have for topping up the PAYG meter.

We do not have access to the PAYG system here in the Social Media department, but please let us know if you have any general questions for us.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement