Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Mi A2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

BopNiblets wrote: »
    I previously got some of these from AliExpress if you've ever used it and don't mind waiting for a while for the delivery.
    They are QC 2.0 but I guess there's not that much of a charging difference (?)

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32786500251.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32786500251&productSubject=Quick-Charge-2-0-2-Port-Rapid-Wall-USB-Charger-UK-Power-Adapter-For-Samsung&spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.1f8b4c4dHK87T6
    That will be the same speed as the one in the box, you'll need a QC 3.0 for fast charging (about 45-60 minutes to full charge).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

advertsfox wrote: »
    That will be the same speed as the one in the box, you'll need a QC 3.0 for fast charging (about 45-60 minutes to full charge).
    Ah, I never tried the one in the box as it wasn't a 3 pin plug, I'll scope some 3.0 ones out on AliExpress so.

This one looks decent, 2 ports:
    https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32829998720.html?pid=808_0000_0101&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32829998720&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=8176amp-Fc3NazfEeG4X4DB8bMVcZQ1540561833390

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Hi all

Quick question. I don't see any option to sync to Mi Cloud under settings, am I missing something, a bit thick or has this come up before?

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Hi all

Quick question. I don't see any option to sync to Mi Cloud under settings, am I missing something, a bit thick or has this come up before?
    The A2 doesn't have it by default since it's Android One (stock) so you can download and install the Mi Cloud APK, then you'll have the option in accounts..

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/xiaomi-inc/mi-cloud/mi-cloud-5-1-1-release/mi-cloud-5-1-1-android-apk-download/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Got this from honorbuy yesterday. According to the specs on their website it should support wifi a/b/g/n/ac.
    However it is only picking up 2.4ghz, no other network option available.
    Anyone else come across this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭tnegun

Is it uptodate? I had some oddness like this a few updates back also the hotspot didn't have the 5ghz option I forgot about it and checked now and its back.

Yes, just updated a few minutes ago but no change. Hotspot like you said is only giving 2.4 option.

bodonnell wrote: »
    Yes, just updated a few minutes ago but no change. Hotspot like you said is only giving 2.4 option.
    Solution online is to reset your SIM APN settings (and make sure SIM is in slot 1). Also, others seem to have the option back at random so if all else fails, do a full reset. It definitely has 5Ghz.

Odd mine definitely had the same issue but it resolved without any known interaction from me so I assumed an update did it

Solution online is to reset your SIM APN settings (and make sure SIM is in slot 1). Also, others seem to have the option back at random so if all else fails, do a full reset. It definitely has 5Ghz.
    Thanks, will try this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Anyone have to replace a screen on one of these A2s?
    OH dropped hers in water, and it now has vertical fades/lines on. The screen. Just wondering if a repair is feasible, or if anyone had got a damaged screen replaces (that's assuming it's the screen I suppose)

Anyone have to replace a screen on one of these A2s?
    OH dropped hers in water, and it now has vertical fades/lines on. The screen. Just wondering if a repair is feasible, or if anyone had got a damaged screen replaces (that's assuming it's the screen I suppose)
    What I like about these phones is the price of a new one is nearly the same cost as a screen repair online (with post / return costs) so I'd personally just purchase a new one as I don't know of any local vendors who's replace this screen and especially since it got water damage - that can delay any damage and in a week it could stop working.

Phone is still only €184 from Honorbuy with 2 day DHL shipping (total just over €200) and you can still sell the old phone on Adverts for spares / someone else to fix.

https://www.honorbuy.com/243-xiaomi-mi-a2

My htc 10 which is less than a year old is destroyed, screen lifting up and battery shot, need rid. I like the size of it though and was looking at the A2 lite 4gb ram to replace it, looking at the benchmark the HTC is scoring twice as much nearly, I don't know if that can even be right but do you think I would notice a significant reduction in speed if I replaced it with the A2 lite..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I went from a 10 to the A2 Lite. Battery life like light and day...and I don't notice any significant performance slowdowns. I'd been with HTC flagship phones since the Desire. Will not go back to them.

I went from a 10 to the A2 Lite. Battery life like light and day...and I don't notice any significant performance slowdowns. I'd been with HTC flagship phones since the Desire. Will not go back to them.

Brilliant thanks so much for the reply, exactly the same situation! The HTC 10 is comical, a flagship phone that back in the day retailed for absolutely huge money and this one in my hands is literally falling apart and the battery dies at 50% after a year. Would never buy HTC again

I'll defo make the switch, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭BowWow

Thinking of buying A2 Lite as present - can anyone tell me if it has FM radio? Confused as some reviews says yes, others no?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭DopeTech

BowWow wrote: »
    Thinking of buying A2 Lite as present - can anyone tell me if it has FM radio? Confused as some reviews says yes, others no?

Thanks.

Doesn't have FM radio. I have the a2 lite and would highly recommend.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Thanks.

Here's the comparison between A2 & A2 lite:

https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/comparison/89c210f661

Thanks.

Why not get Xiaomi note 5, has fm radio.
    https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_5_(redmi_5_plus)-8959.php

• Advertisement

According to those specs listed by 'Invincible' the A2 Lite has a radio

According to those specs listed by 'Invincible' the A2 Lite has a radio

I read after on GSMarena that it doesn't, there's thread on xdadevelopers about ways of listening to FM radio without rooting.
    That's why I suggested the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, has FM radio and similar specs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Invincible wrote: »
    I read after on GSMarena that it doesn't, there's thread on xdadevelopers about ways of listening to FM radio without rooting.
    That's why I suggested the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, has FM radio and similar specs.

The redmi's have miui instead of Android one I think.

Hi all. Any advice for screen protectors?

I got some from Amazon and they were actually too small to fit properly. Most on Ali Express are for the Lite which appears to have a smaller screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Sync

Hi all. Any advice for screen protectors?

I got some from Amazon and they were actually too small to fit properly. Most on Ali Express are for the Lite which appears to have a smaller screen

I got the "soft hydrogel" protector for the mi a2 and it's brilliant, it's plastic but fits the edge of the screen brilliants which the tempered glass ones just can't.

Any one get the Pie update yet? Started rolling out yesterday but when I checked I got a second November update and showing uptodate since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Folks do you have links to where I can buy one of these phones

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭The Haven

• Advertisement

The Haven wrote: »

Any idea of specs with fm radio

Sync wrote: »
    I got the "soft hydrogel" protector for the mi a2 and it's brilliant, it's plastic but fits the edge of the screen brilliants which the tempered glass ones just can't.

Sorry, only seeing this now

Where did you get it if you don't mind? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

anybody spotted any good deals for this phone? Honorbuy still the best/safest bet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

anybody spotted any good deals for this phone? Honorbuy still the best/safest bet?

Try https://thesolutionshop.global/

The only issue I have had with them is selling stuff they don't actually have in stock and then getting the runaround when waiting for it.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/thesolutionshop.global

Try https://thesolutionshop.global/

The only issue I have had with them is selling stuff they don't actually have in stock and then getting the runaround when waiting for it.

Yeah got the Mi a1 from them last year and it worked out fine! May try them again, 211 is very good for the phone. Just wondering about the whole customs thing with them, didn't get charged last year but i think they ship from an eu warehouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Finally plumped for the Lite, down to £115 on Amazon today

Yeah got the Mi a1 from them last year and it worked out fine! May try them again, 211 is very good for the phone. Just wondering about the whole customs thing with them, didn't get charged last year but i think they ship from an eu warehouse.

They also have a mispriced Redmi 6 if you want to have a bash at that. :pac:

https://thesolutionshop.global/product/redmi-6-3gb-64gb-international-vesion/

They also have a mispriced Redmi 6 if you want to have a bash at that. :pac:

https://thesolutionshop.global/product/redmi-6-3gb-64gb-international-vesion/

oh wow aha i might, i feel they will charge me the correct price though :p

theteal wrote: »
    Finally plumped for the Lite, down to £115 on Amazon today

Nice one. Thanks.

Yeah, I've had two Mi A1s from them. Shipped from UK AFAIK, and two year warranty. The second one was delayed for ages as they didn't have the colour in stock, but didn't bother telling me. When I switched to black, it was delivered pretty soon after.

• Advertisement

Just been trying to get that cheap redmo phone for he last hour, won’t sccept it at the checkout just says error processing. Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Sync

Sorry, only seeing this now

Where did you get it if you don't mind? Thanks

I forgot to add that, it was AliExpress

Pie now available OTA in Ireland downloading now

tnegun wrote: »
    Pie now available OTA in Ireland downloading now
    Brilliant news thank you, 1078MB - not bad!

Brilliant news thank you, 1078MB - not bad!
    All done, it looks and performs really well. Weird with the clock on the left side of the notification bar but the icons are much smaller up there now and it blends better. Overall very happy.

Damn can't get my watch or head phones to pair with the phone since the update doesn't even detect them sees everything else though

tnegun wrote: »
    Damn can't get my watch or head phones to pair with the phone since the update doesn't even detect them sees everything else though
    Try removing the old BT profiles and then attempt to reconnect.

Done all that :( sees everything but my watch and headphones, even connects to an old pairing have be not my current ones

And like that it's working not sure what changed I restarted retried a load of times but just picked them up and all good!
    Edit. Might of been connecting to the old pair then the current that did it incase anyone else has a similar issue

• Advertisement

Biggest improvement for me is the battery life got 2 days on a single charge this weekend, average use before the update 16 hours could be a push for me

Advertisement