Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New DUFC Stadium and grass pitches development in Drogheda.

Options
  • 26-07-2018 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

"
    Plans for a new Drogheda United stadium at Newtown - at the rear of Aston Village on the Termonfeckin Road - will include a 5,500 all-seater stadium, a full size all weather pitch, parking for 300 cars and nine full size grass pitches on a 28 acre site.

Louth County Council and the FAI are working on the project and an announcement is expected shortly by FAI Chief Executive John Delaney and Joan Martin, Chief Executive of Louth County Council.

"
    https://www.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/new-stadium-and-pitches-on-28-acres-at-newtown-36234091.html

ALSO read -
    The Football Association of Ireland can confirm that a new stadium in Drogheda, to be built in conjunction with Louth County Council’s plans for a Municipal Playing Pitches at North Drogheda, has been agreed with the Local Authority.

http://www.fai.ie/domestic/news/statement-on-new-stadium-in-drogheda

Whats the general opinion or reaction from DUFC supporters,local soccer fans in Drogheda(Meath,North Dublin)residents in the area to this joint proposal from LCC and the FAI?

Personally i think it's brilliant but there have been false dawns before about plans that were similar to these?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

While I don't really follow LOI, it's great to hear of an investment like this into a team as close to home as Drogheda.

I'd worry though.....I remember years ago there was similiar proposals (I think for round Colpe?) that got scuppered because of the "would bring too much traffic to the area" nonsense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

More chance of pigs flying then this happening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

It's long overdue but I'll not get my hopes up until I'm at the turnstiles for the first match in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Does anyone have the exact site location or a map of it? I couldn't find anything when I dug around before.

If it's at the back of Aston Village, how do they expect anyone not using a car to travel there?

Advertisement