Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fedex bill received 2 months later

Options
  • 27-07-2018 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

I bought a gift for my girlfriend online from Thailand which was about 150 euro if I recall. I left the family home after that so didn't get the letter 2 months later asking for 52 euro tax or the subsequent "you have 10 days to pay" letter until today, 14 days later.

Do I have to pay? Could it be a scam? Any time in the past that I've had tax due, they've held my items until it's payed. I don't live where the letters are being sent any more, can they hand over my details to a debt collection agency or has GDPR stopped that?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You imported from outside the EU, so its not a scam, FedEx are owed the money. If people don't pay, I'd imagine they will go back to holding the shipment until payment is made. Probably no harm to do that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

I've had a bill come a while after delivery.

Yes, they can hand over your details to a debt collection agency so I'd pay it. It's an annoying, but valid charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

Yes, happened to me before, got a bill 2 months after receiveing a package.

Advertisement