Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there a national shortage of Sparkling Water

• 27-07-2018 9:50am
    Subscribers Posts: 23

So I'm well aware that admitting this in public risks us being branded a heretic and us being driven from our homes but Mrs. Twat-Badger and I are partial to a drink of sparkling water. Normally we'd stock up on a few bales of the stuff while doing the 'big shop' but in recent weeks it seems that it's become impossible to get. Have tried numerous Lidl's and Tesco's within a 20 mile radius of us and no joy.

Anyone with any inside information shed any light on this? Has the heat driven normal people to turn to sparkling water for relief? Are there so few of us who enjoy this perversion that shops have just stopped stocking it? Should I talk to joe about this?

Also if anyone has any idea where a few bales of water can still be got, let me know please before I resort to soda streaming my tap water.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Bought a sodastream yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

Lmgtfy

Actually , no - do it yourself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

CO2 shortage in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

International shortage of CO2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Apparently so.

Word on the street is that there are only one or two companies who provide part of the carbonation process for sparkling water, and they all take their holidays at the same time, leaving bottlers without any carbonation.

This is usually not a problem, except that demand for all kinds of bottled water is through the roof this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Bought a sodastream yesterday.

Me too.:D

There's no sparkling in our local Dunnes or Tesco for a couple of weeks now.

Lidl do have some.

I was thinking of changing to a soda stream anyway - didn't sit right with me all the plastic bottles in our recycling bin - the soda stream has to be more environmentally friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

I've no fizz in my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

CO2 shortage, beer has to get priority

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I'm surprised that there have been more threads about sparkling water than the potential beer shortage. For shame. . . .

also sparkling water is just weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,398 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yup massive CO2 shortages, expect to start seeing less prepackaged food soon too as its required for that too, will be hitting softdrinks and beer too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

jester77 wrote: »
    CO2 shortage, beer has to get priority

I think it's actually pork and chicken getting the priority, beer is suffering too.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

There is. Check the Aldi and Lidl threads over in Food to see which branches have it in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I think it's actually pork and chicken getting the priority, beer is suffering too.
    I always thought beer made its own fizz as part of fermentation and didn't need CO2 for that. Well, you learn something new everyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I always thought beer made its own fizz as part of fermentation and didn't need CO2 for that. Well, you learn something new everyday.

Certain beers, UK beers are the worst affected because of how they use it. Beer from most other EU countries go the natural route.

Me too.:D

OMG a #metoo for sodastream :P

I opened a Devil's Bit cider bottle recently - very low CO2 in there compared to normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Explained here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Looks like I'll invest in the bubble making business.

Raw ingredients - air.

Advertisement