Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Repair

• 27-07-2018 10:01am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anywhere in Limerick that repairs nintendo switches?
    not sure if it's a battery problem or an issue with the charging port
    the battery won't charge at all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Anywhere in Limerick that repairs nintendo switches?
    not sure if it's a battery problem or an issue with the charging port
    the battery won't charge at all

unlikely I'd say be better off getting onto Nintendo and getting them to repair it

https://nintendoservicecentre.co.uk/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

dunworth1 wrote: »
    unlikely I'd say be better off getting onto Nintendo and getting them to repair it

https://nintendoservicecentre.co.uk/

figured as much! cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭Selfbuilder14

figured as much! cheers

Did you manage to get it repaired .my son's one is playing up tried Nintendo but wouldn't recognise postcode so went no further

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Did you manage to get it repaired .my son's one is playing up tried Nintendo but wouldn't recognise postcode so went no further

I messaged them on their online chat service and we arranged it via emails.
    good service but expensive. it cost 30 to repair our joycon and 170 to repair the console as they told me it was damaged by user so not covered by warranty.

if yours is within warranty, I would take it back to the store you bought it from

I messaged them on their online chat service and we arranged it via emails.
    good service but expensive. it cost 30 to repair our joycon and 170 to repair the console as they told me it was damaged by user so not covered by warranty.

if yours is within warranty, I would take it back to the store you bought it from

We bought it from Smyths in May but I'm sure it has been dropped although my 9 year old son is denying it so I'm sure no warranty. I've emailed a couple companies so will see what prices come back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Donutz

We bought it from Smyths in May but I'm sure it has been dropped although my 9 year old son is denying it so I'm sure no warranty. I've emailed a couple companies so will see what prices come back

If there are no physical signs of it been dropped I'd take it back to Smyths and ask them to repair it under warranty. Maybe your son is telling the truth.

Donutz wrote: »
    If there are no physical signs of it been dropped I'd take it back to Smyths and ask them to repair it under warranty. Maybe your son is telling the truth.

Unfortunately the LCD screen is shattered can be seen when on, my son had his friend over to play, accidents happen. Expensive one esp just before Christmas

Unfortunately the LCD screen is shattered can be seen when on, my son had his friend over to play, accidents happen. Expensive one esp just before Christmas

No denying it was dropped so. Santa is bringing our small fella a switch and I'm scared to death he's gonna drop it. Hope it's not too expensive a fix for you.

Donutz wrote: »
    No denying it was dropped so. Santa is bringing our small fella a switch and I'm scared to death he's gonna drop it. Hope it's not too expensive a fix for you.

They are great devices but we have tiled floors through out the ground floor so everything gets broken starting to wish we had carpet!! If we get it fixed he's no longer going to be allowed to use hand held. He's already this year lost a controller bringing it to Nanns. So expensive for the controllers. I wish I had been firmer with him but it's not just him he has a little sister and big brother who go on it too. Good luck and get protection for it. Santa was bringing case and protection for my boys will do when get fixed.

They are great devices but we have tiled floors through out the ground floor so everything gets broken starting to wish we had carpet!! If we get it fixed he's no longer going to be allowed to use hand held. He's already this year lost a controller bringing it to Nanns. So expensive for the controllers. I wish I had been firmer with him but it's not just him he has a little sister and big brother who go on it too. Good luck and get protection for it. Santa was bringing case and protection for my boys will do when get fixed.

Already have an Orzy screen protector fitted to it but now am considering a proper silicon case for it. Thanks for the advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement