Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2019

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭TrixIrl

That's tough going AprilAnon, what size is baby now? Is it the same hospital that you had the emergency section? Seems that were both ticking all the boxes but such different care plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭scarepanda

I'm going to the same hospital where i had my first and they haven't a word in my file of why I had a section. Its been a pain in the ass trying to remember exactly what happened as when the decision was made I was as high as a kite on the gas and air and had a dose of the blues in the days after so I had other priorities over asking the drs why exactly the decision was made.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Aprilanon

TrixIrl wrote: »
    That's tough going AprilAnon, what size is baby now? Is it the same hospital that you had the emergency section? Seems that were both ticking all the boxes but such different care plans.

Hi, yes same hospital. Baby is over 7 & a half pounds already with 3+ weeks to go.

It's really stressing me out.

Hi, yes same hospital. Baby is over 7 & a half pounds already with 3+ weeks to go.

It's really stressing me out.

How's everyone getting on? I'm 38w this weekend. Generally feeling pretty good, but absolutely floored today for some reason.

I officially got the go ahead for VBAC at the clinic last week. Dr did a quick scan and was very happy with the position of baby etc, so here's hoping!

• Advertisement

In today for induction. First round of gel just gave me cramps, second round in now and regular mediumish contractions since 4pm. Managing without painkillers but they've written me a pain script just in case. No dilation tho so looks like more gel in the morning if they can't manage to break my waters.

Have just sent himself home, staff in Waterford are amazing, each and everyone is so professional but kindhearted.

So 13.5 hours into induction and it's going great so far. Contractions are manageable and looking forward to the big work tomorrow. We always knew it'd be slow considering I'm only 37 weeks tomorrow.

How's everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

In today for induction. First round of gel just gave me cramps, second round in now and regular mediumish contractions since 4pm. Managing without painkillers but they've written me a pain script just in case. No dilation tho so looks like more gel in the morning if they can't manage to break my waters.

Have just sent himself home, staff in Waterford are amazing, each and everyone is so professional but kindhearted.

So 13.5 hours into induction and it's going great so far. Contractions are manageable and looking forward to the big work tomorrow. We always knew it'd be slow considering I'm only 37 weeks tomorrow.

How's everyone else?

Very exciting!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow could be the day!!!!!

I'm 36+6 today
    Quite uncomfortable
    Had a scan yest and she's looking around 7lbs with a bit of Extra waters on board.
    Back again next Thurs and I'm hoping to talk them into at least a sweep
    They wouldn't even entertain intervention yesterday. I've never gone into labour myself, induced at 42 weeks on both, I'd nearly rather it now

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

How's everyone else?

All ok trixirl?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

All ok trixirl?

Oh my god brilliant, how did you get on after?

So all 4 rounds of induction and an attempt to break my waters without dilatoon failed leading to a section on Sunday morning. Note- never consent to them trying to break your waters if you don't have decent dilaton- by far the most painful part of my pregnancy!

Though a bit daunting as I didn't ever really think I'd end up with a section, it was grand. Theatre staff were lovely and did everything they could to make me comfortable. I did request drapes to drop so I could see her coming out but my blood pressure decided to go a bit funny and they had more important things to sort at the crucial moment- I didn't even notice as I was in that half passed out stage. I do remember seeing her before she went to be weighed etc but then I did pass out. The spinal going in was uncomfortable but manageable and the sensation of the section itself was a bit nauseating and I had bad chest pain but that was likely my blood pressure again. They had to give me extra medication for that so I was unconscious in recovery so didn't get to do skin to skin unfortunately.

The upside of that was by the time I woke up and was in postnatal it was only an hour or so before I was wheeled up to neonatal to see her- the wait would have been much longer otherwise. Went up, breastfed her which was amazing! And geared myself up to not see her til the morning as per policy. Then the neonatal mgr came over and said she'd heard i was adamant I was getting her back (don't know from who but I had stated this to everyone on my case)! So they sent her down to me in postnatal around 3 hours later.

Shes amazing and we love her. I had a tiff with the midwifery manager to go home on day 3 as I found it very stressful on the ward as neither of us could sleep at night. She threatened me with the paeds consultant not "allowing" discharge but i stuck to my guns and we got home last night.

PHN was out today and all is great so we're happily settling into domestic bliss here! Didn't quite make it to April as had her on Sunday but couldn't ask for better! Looking so forward to hearing all your updates!

• Advertisement

Ah that's brilliant news trixirl! Delighted everything went good for you in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Huge congrats trix, god mammies really are superheroes if you knew all that before you went in ya’d be terrified and yet u flew through it. How’s ur blood pressure been since? Must have been scary on your partner. So glad she’s here safe and sound and your on the road to recovery and enjoying motherhood x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Skuxx wrote: »
    Just found out this week wife is pregnant with our first!! Went to the doctor today, due early April!!
    Can't quite believe it yet, we're so excited!! Please bear with me as there will be tonnes of questions!! :P

So just an update, our gorgeous baby boy arrived last Tuesday! My wife was induced Monday as she felt baby's movements had reduced. Two rounds of gel on Monday and the early pains started. We went to the labour ward Tuesday morning and he arrived just after lunch. All happened very quick according to the midwives but it felt like an eternity for me!!

Mum and baby are home and doing great. Baby has a touch of jaundice so we are in and out of the hospital getting his level checked but we're just thrilled to have him!!
    Congratulations to all the April parents who have had their babies and best of luck to those on the way!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Congrats all you April ladies who've had your babies so far!

It's my due date tomorrow, but my little guy will be 12 weeks old on Thursday which is crazy. He's doing great, but we are still in the NICU because he's not taking full bottle feeds yet. As of yesterday he's taking 3 bottles to 1 tube feed and we're just trying to wean him off the last of his oxygen support. Bit of fluid in his lungs too, but he's on medication to help with that. He started off at 980 grams (2lb 2oz) and is now a chunky 3.02kg (6lb 11oz) and has outgrown his tiny baby clothes and is in to newborn! Can't wait to get this little guy home.

Hi TrixIrl, huge congrats on your new arrival. Do you mind me asking what weight she came out, was the last scan fairly accurate in the end?

In on Friday for a section unless anything happens between now & then. I'll be just 3 days shy of my due date. I'm expecting a whopper baby :0

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Hang in there Aprilanon, I am sure I posted before but my third (last May) really was a whopper.

They predicted a 7-8lb baby from a scan the day before he was born!!!!!

How's everyone getting on? I'm due tomorrow, it really doesn't feel like it though. Feel a lot different than with no1.

I am however absolutely exhausted the last few days, today was the 3rd day in a row I lay down and actually slept, I slept twice yesterday, it's not like me at all. I don't think it's exhaustion as such as I've been sleeping somewhat ok the last few days. I'm just completely lethargic, no get up and go at all. I'm on 2 iron tablets a day, so I can't be low on iron...... I don't know.

Today has been the first day that I'm a bit fed up and just want baby here, which isn't too bad. I've a max of 11 days either way before bubs will be here. I'm in at the clinic again on Monday, and I presume, because of the BH next weekend that I'll get a date for a section if bubs doesn't arrive of its own accord. They won't induce me because of previous section.

shesty wrote: »
    Hang in there Aprilanon, I am sure I posted before but my third (last May) really was a whopper.

They predicted a 7-8lb baby from a scan the day before he was born!!!!!

Thanks all, buster arrived on Friday - 8lbs 8 ozs. We are delighted 😊
    Not as big as I feared. Sturdy as some might say 🀣.
    Best of luck to all other April Mom's and Dad's.

Hi all, little girl arrived Sunday evening weighing in at 8lb 15oz.

How everyone's feeling good and all the baby's are behaving themselves!

Huge congrats aprilanon and scarepanda!

After 90 long days in the NICU we bought our little guy home last Wednesday, only 8 days after his due date! To say we're over the moon is an understatement.

• Advertisement

Congrats scaredpanda!

Honerbright, that's fantastic news. How is the little man settling in at home? It can be very scary coming out of the cocoon of the NICU! Only thing is that we found when our first baby came home from NICU he had a brilliant routine established. It's not the same this time around, the newbie is running the show - no routine!

Aprilanon wrote: »
    Congrats scaredpanda!

Honerbright, that's fantastic news. How is the little man settling in at home? It can be very scary coming out of the cocoon of the NICU! Only thing is that we found when our first baby came home from NICU he had a brilliant routine established. It's not the same this time around, the newbie is running the show - no routine!

Sorry for the late reply! Little guy is great and you're right about the routine, he's been a great night sleeper since we brought him home and never any issues with him. He's an absolute dream baby.

How are all the other April babies getting on? My little dude is 6 months now, but he's 3 adjusted so milestone wise we go by due date. He's rolling belly to back and has managed back to belly a few times. He gets super frustrated because he just wants to be on the move already. He's mad to put stuff in his mouth and chew but no sign of teeth yet. He's such a happy and chilled out kid. He's about 5.5kg now, well different from his 0.98 kg birth weight 😂

That's crazy that your little lad is 6 months already! Sounds like he's growing like crazy!

My girl is 3 months since yesterday. Can't believe it tbh, the time has flew by and yet it seems like she was never not here. She loves her sister and her daddy, lots and lots of smiles and giggles as soon as she sees either of them. She does be glued to her sister and finds her antics very entertaining! And we couldn't ask for anything better from our eldest. She absolutely adores the baby and is so loving and caring towards her.
    Madam is rolling back to front, but hasn't mastered front to back yet. She's teething as well for the last month or so, but seems to be handling it fairly well. She loves shoving her fist as far into her mouth as possible and sucking it. I'm not expecting any teeth to actually cut for another 3 or 4 months though.

Advertisement