Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maybe wrong tyres

Options
  • 27-07-2018 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi guys I have a focus road bike. I do little enough cycling maybe the cycle way once a week probly 40km. Problem is when I go on road I find it very uncomfortable seems like if you hit the tiniest pebble just vibrates up through the bike. just to solid unless your on perfect tarmac.
    Is all road bikes like this do I need maybe tyres with a higher wall or wrong bike thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what tyres are on it, and what pressure are they inflated to?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭huntsman77

There 700 x25. It say 120 psi on them I do have them at 100.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

100 could be quite high based on your body weight - what weight are you?
    for example, i'm 72KG and inflate my tyres to 80PSI, and usually by the time i get around to topping that up, they've dropped to about 70 (or even 60)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭huntsman77

OK thanks yea I'm 70kg. So maybe have them inflated to high il try it thanks for replying

some more explanation here, should it be of interest:

• Advertisement
Advertisement