Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Passat for Alfa trade-in

• 27-07-2018 10:55am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I've a Passat 08 saloon, 1.4 TSi and I'm looking at trading to an 08 Alfa 159 wagon.
    Would this be a good move?
    The Alfa is a diesel with 140k miles and an NCT til Oct 2019.

I just prefer the style of the Alfa, too many damn silver Passats out there!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Clarified title a bit

Go for the Alfa, but do your research first, watch YT videos reviews etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

No doubting the style over the Passat. But after my Passat I felt the 159 seats uncomfortable, the nose heavy (frequent grounding on speed bumps) the diesel rough (particularly after your tsi petrol), build quality patchy and that is before you get to running costs.

I think the 159 would wear you down once the novelty wears off. Your petrol Passat is a fine thing that does so much well, and I think you would regret this particular change.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Probably right.
    It's just soul destroying when, coming from a lovely red Saab 9-3, I ended up in a silver Passat B6, and you meet exactly the same car ten times a day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭CiboC

You're using the wrong organ to think about this. Nobody ever buys an Alfa using their head.

Life's too short to be sensible all the time. You should buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

CiboC wrote: »
    You're using the wrong organ to think about this. Nobody ever buys an Alfa using their head.

I second this. But do you need a diesel? Could you not source a petrol Alfa 159. Maybe from the North or the UK. They are beautiful looking cars.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

OP would a good weekend car make more sense ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

ba_barabus wrote: »
    OP would a good weekend car make more sense ?

Ha, divorce would follow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I went from a 9-3 to a 159 :)

If you are changing try and come up a year or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ha, divorce would follow!

Sounds like a good deal...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CiboC wrote: »

As Dara O'brian had said: we men have enough blood to power up only one organ at the time. So before making any important and expensive decisions, we need to have a fast **** and then look at it again.

Jokes aside. Op, if you not happy driving boring car and one Alfa, go for it. Just before going for it, do your research and maths. Can you afford it. Alfa will be heavier on part costs, but its worth it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement