Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - Isla Nublar

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Hopefully there is some info tomorrow on the structure of the game , because for a newbie this is confusing as hell with little or nothing to go on about game rules/roles.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Why Derry is a wolf in 3 easy posts

Strike 1 :: Timing

For a post with so little content, you'd think it would arrive on the forums a little quicker than it did. but the post was eventually posted at 22:27 - a full 10 minutes after Eva's last post. Not like it takes all that long to grab 3 quotes and timestamp them. Not only that, but look at the line :: " wonder what how thats explained off. " Wonder. What. How. That's - This is a classic case of trying to force construction of a post instead of just typing what comes naturally. He clearly meant to leave out the what, but because hes a wolf and overthought the situation he mixed up his editing.

Strike 2 :: The read that's not a read

This is classic "I'm calling someone a wolf, but backtracking on it so as not to give a read and therefore be drawn on it later." He starts off wanting to get into a confrontation with Eva, but because his read is basically bogus he tries to backtrack his way out of it. He then finishes with, ' I'll put a note down but nothing major ' - Backtrack completed.

fyi, when Derry does come back a wolf. Eva is not clear - Its the perfect way of styling shade on a wolf buddy and then retracting that shade.

Strike 3 :: The fake roundup

As if the Simpsons has anything to do with it. But its a perfect way for you to back out of your "read".
    Desmond WW wrote: »
    That's at least a fair shout of reasoning re: Derry rather than... Simpsons knowledge :pac:

timing? this is fomum mafia.
    There was no read, i was waiting for an explanation, which came.

there was two thing hapening there and my posts have been misrepresented by liam.

eva double posts
    isla notes the double posts, but its not obvious as the other post was a bit of a scroll back.

I grabbed the posts, so what if it takes me 10 minutes to do it.

in the mean time, eva has already posted a response to isla which satisfies my question. and isla wants more from me, the chief comment.

so i reply to the chief comment, noting liams 'Derry is a wolf post'

in it is explain that why i done think the double post is a task, and how i find the billy and mrme comments more suspicious.

isla posts billy and the clonesaurus and i web search that and say it makes more sense now that i know its a simpsons thing.

maybe both you and liam should read them back again, as liams is not seeing it right with his summation..'As if the Simpsons has anything to do with it' and you are not making your own interpetations but seeing bad sumation as 'at least a fair shout of reasoning'

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Interesting that you didn't spot my correction. Or chose not to. I look forward to reconvening this conversation in the AM......

...... if I survive the munch

Spotted it now. There's nothing to talk about tbh. Spamtastic first day as per usual. Less is more!!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

After catching up on proceedings just now, I for one am happy that we can continue on our trek through the park. Yeah, I was a bit cranky when I got here first but I'm starting to warm to the place.

A few of you seem awfully concerned though with getting others strung up on our first day, all serious with your multi-quotes and the like.

Dear Diary

What an eventful day. I thought I was coming to a waterpark, it turns out this place is some kind of zoo. More will be revealed to us tomorrow I would think, but I really hope they have giraffes.

A nice girl called Orla tried to teach me how to roar today. I've tried to practice this but I got shushed by 1) People in the canteen, 2) My roommate, and 3) Someone outside the toilet cubicle.

Some of the others were talking about 'shaking trees', I decided to give it a miss as I was tired after our journey. However, there's something shaking the trees outside my window right now. I wonder if there are still some of the others out there. Or, it could be a giraffe!

I would go and check it out right now, but I just can't take one more shushing today. We'll see tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Right, so that'll do for D0 fluff. There seems to be enough play-acting going on in the village *ahem*Isla*ahem*.

From my reading of the thread, there was likely a Jello task going on, though for a good or bad team remains to be seen.

Not accusing anyone of being a wolf, yet, just sharing my thoughts...

Derry, you may have been offering an example to another poster but I found your multiple examples of 'jello' in post #154 note-worthy. Desmond was just saying, not necessarily asking for such a detailed response...
    Desmond wrote:
    There's probably a task related to jello given reference to it in the OP and Starter Pack.

Whether it's for a goodie or baddie, I'm not sure yet.
    Derry wrote:
    What form of task do you suspect this jello task to have?
    Do you think its is pictures of jello?
    Or just the mention of the word 'jello'
    Maybe it has to be in caps Jello or JELLO.

Just maybe,
    Each beginning
    Letter in a sentence
    Like this
    Or maybe not...

discuss.

Completing your task in an example of the task would be clever, and obviously easily dismissed if questioned.

Then, Eva also raised a good point I had missed...
    Eva WW wrote: »
    Derry, any reason for two songs using jello in the lyrics?

Fairly focused on the old Jello there Derry, and you're making no secret about it either, which is cool. There could be good tasks, sure, but it seems tasky all the same.

Derry, I will say though that your post #221 (and #223) was a work of genius, whether the theory is true or not.
    Derry wrote:
    There something weird going on with the OP and full stops.
    If you were to count the full stops by eye, you would count 104, but if you search for full stops with a notepad program, it would only finds 98 occurances.
    Thats because the dots in "Welcome to…….Jurassic Park!" are not all full stops at all, but some weird 3 dot symbol is in use.
    There is actually only one full stop in that phrase, disguised as 7. Thats were the 6 extra full stops come from when counting by eye.
    Now, what can the meaning behind this be.

Discuss.
    You just going to dismiss it?
    I think its the bad rolls disguise cleverly in the op.
    3 3 1
    two teams of 3 and 1 serial killer.

maybe it is just what i'm smoking, but why just dismiss it?

Bravo Derry. Right or wrong, I'm not sure if somebody who would carry out such work could be a wolf. Someone who would have knowledge of the team numbers from the backroom might though :)

Interesting d0's work from Isla. For most of the day she was trying to get herself lynched and/or cause some confusion in the village. Not that I am one to talk about early bs posts, but I was chipping in when I could with some pure flavour-related fluff on d0. Isla was actively placing herself at the centre of attention, but not necessarily in a 'let's lead the village' kind of way. 'Lynch me' is interesting, and also very tasky…
    Isla wrote:

"Lynch me and you'll see why in good time."

"I was gonna vote for Babs after myself"

"Do me Dessie…kiss me, then kill me."

So, Isla is obviously making an active campaign to get herself lynched. I've seen good outcomes for the village before in such a scenario, but have there been any bad ones?

If Isla is a potential good prize for the village, why put herself on the wolves' radar so soon and unnecessarily before the first lynch? Nothing but an nrv trying to draw a munch? There's another possibility in my mind, but I'll let the bad team(s) figure out that one for themselves.

If Isla was a wolf trying to achieve a prize by getting herself lynched, there would have to be a pretty big prize on offer for the wolves if they had to lose a member in order to win it.

Whatever it is, I don't know what to think except for 'Get yourself on FFAs/lynched' from Isla being a task. I suggest we tread carefully there. If we have absolutely nothing else later come voting time which can be normal for day 0, and Isla is still singing that tune, maybe take the gamble on lynching her.

Final thought on tasks for now; If both Isla and Derry are at tasks, what are the chances that they are both good-related tasks? I suppose..Maybe Isla's isn't a task, it's just the role and award for her character defined by the mods pre-game. Derry could be the one at a task with the 'jello' posts.

Few other thoughts...

Ewan's scarcity is one thing and probably nothing, but that coupled with the content of his only 2 posts so far is worth taking some note. Both around 7pm…
    Ewan wrote:
    Alright guys, nearly posted in my boards account there! I think I might need my account to be blocked for the game.

I see we've already had one boardsie in here. I don't wanna be next.

I don't see a list of all the anon accounts playing, was there one given somewhere?

*Someone provides list*
    Tahsnk. So is everyone here?

*Ewan disappears*

No offense Ewan, but you may as well not have posted no matter what account it came from. Even for Day 0, that is some fluff. Maybe you just want to be fully prepared before you start playing properly, but out of 2 posts yesterday your most relevant concern was a list of all players in the game. 'So is everyone here?' …What does it matter? Please fluff better.

Noted because the posts come across to me as the possibility of someone saying in a BR 'Ewan, you better check-in with the game thread if you can..even if you're lost, say something'.

……………..

I have a read on 2 other villagers as good, but don't want to say names incase I'm accused of currying favour, pocketing, or in case I paint a target for the wolves. Plus, it's far too soon for that 'good lists from non-confirmed players' shíte.

That's it for now. As soon as I figure out some form of wtf is going on in this game mechanics-wise, I'll be back. It could be a while, or never if I'm dino breakfast.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Interesting d0's work from Isla. For most of the day she was trying to get herself lynched and/or cause some confusion in the village. Not that I am one to talk about early bs posts, but I was chipping in when I could with some pure flavour-related fluff on d0. Isla was actively placing herself at the centre of attention, but not necessarily in a 'let's lead the village' kind of way. 'Lynch me' is interesting, and also very tasky…

So, Isla is obviously making an active campaign to get herself lynched. I've seen good outcomes for the village before in such a scenario, but have there been any bad ones?

If Isla is a potential good prize for the village, why put herself on the wolves' radar so soon and unnecessarily before the first lynch? Nothing but an nrv trying to draw a munch? There's another possibility in my mind, but I'll let the bad team(s) figure out that one for themselves.

If Isla was a wolf trying to achieve a prize by getting herself lynched, there would have to be a pretty big prize on offer for the wolves if they had to lose a member in order to win it.

Whatever it is, I don't know what to think except for 'Get yourself on FFAs/lynched' from Isla being a task. I suggest we tread carefully there. If we have absolutely nothing else later come voting time which can be normal for day 0, and Isla is still singing that tune, maybe take the gamble on lynching her.

Final thought on tasks for now; If both Isla and Derry are at tasks, what are the chances that they are both good-related tasks? I suppose..Maybe Isla's isn't a task, it's just the role and award for her character defined by the mods pre-game. Derry could be the one at a task with the 'jello' posts.

So the idea here is that, bar some big revelation, we should lynch Isla and see what happens?

Isla, thoughts?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Morning all, that's how it would look now but a long day ahead, lets see how it pans out.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Morning, so this is like day 00 and not Day 1 :D
    Silly to be picking out double posts as we all know boards does that often and more often than not, when posting from a mobile.

Anyway, In the dark really. Need brighter Jello imo to guide us. Not sure what is going on RE Isla. Do we forget all before "eventgate"

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Looking again at the welcome pack. I want to apply for the job as the Triceratops handler! they are cool looking, but knowing my luck I will end up in Day Care instead lol

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Morning all

D0 accusations flying around is interesting but it does get people talking, if there is task then I reckon they would have been done early to get them out of the way so I could see derrys jello post being a task that Gertrude mentioned

Isla is interesting, I don't know the game she is playing atm but its entertaining at least, looking forward from hearing more form her

Still need more info on the game as we are in the dark a good bit and I'm not great at reading what's fluff and what's not in the starter pack

Them dinos gotta be getting hungry, I'd say they'll be 2 munches this morning, unless there was a task for first munch. I'd be off the opinion there are 2 wolf teams.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Morning all.

Dunno how to approach yesterday now. I think I’m gonna wait until munch is over before making any comments about other players.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Them dinos gotta be getting hungry, I'd say they'll be 2 munches this morning, unless there was a task for first munch. I'd be off the opinion there are 2 wolf teams.

I get the feeling there will be the roaming raptor crew, and task for people to do that end up I them getting dino stomped if they fail them.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    So the idea here is that, bar some big revelation, we should lynch Isla and see what happens?

Isla, thoughts?

Im cool for cats, ill take one for the team

Henry has hairy hands

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Morning everybody, just my my way for the buffet breakfast. They promised a variety of foods from across the world, im expecting a green gelatinous slime

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Henry has hairy hands

Why do you say that

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Ok so I see things have gone to **** overnight. Who broke the game? Right so moving on it looks like we'll have to disregard yesterday as per the mods. (or maybe not? Wasn't totally clear). After catching up this morning it seems Isla is still being weird. Wouldn't put it down as wolfy but it's definitely odd. The jello thing might be a task but as we don't know if it's a good task or bad task it's worth keeping in mind.
    Few other thoughts...

Ewan's scarcity is one thing and probably nothing, but that coupled with the content of his only 2 posts so far is worth taking some note. Both around 7pm…

*Someone provides list*

*Ewan disappears*

No offense Ewan, but you may as well not have posted no matter what account it came from. Even for Day 0, that is some fluff. Maybe you just want to be fully prepared before you start playing properly, but out of 2 posts yesterday your most relevant concern was a list of all players in the game. 'So is everyone here?' …What does it matter? Please fluff better.

Noted because the posts come across to me as the possibility of someone saying in a BR 'Ewan, you better check-in with the game thread if you can..even if you're lost, say something'.

Hey Gertie, thanks for noticing I wasn't around. *hugs* Unfortunately I had RL stuff to be done yesterday so I couldn't post as much as I wanted to. And yeah, I did want to check in to make sure I didn't get an infraction from the mods for not posting. I wasn't sure if the 5 post minimum thing counted yesterday so I at least wanted to say something. And cos I wasn't really following the thread I asked about the players coz I know I hadn't seen the list. Soz if that comes across as suspicious. If it makes you feel better I'm in work today so should have plenty of time to engage and play. :D

Eva WW wrote: »
    Why do you say that

His last two posts

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Brendan, seeing as you're floating about, any insight for us other than pop in comments? Here's the sum total contribution thus far:

Finally a question at least for someone else I guess.

To be honest Desmond I don't.

Isla's comments have seemed weird but not sure what to make of it.

Someone mentioned the teams might be best on the geographical location on the welcome pack, which seems as good an idea as any.

Other than that I haven't noticed much apart from a lot of stuff about jello (is this a bit in Jurassic Park? I've not seen them all) and then some cracking tunes from you Tutu.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Good morning all! OP updated with player list and important mod notes from last night.

Holly WW wrote: »
    His last two posts

Can you elaborate,

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

thumb-prehistoric_art_fatdinowave_anim.gif.350.c.gif

Morning all.

thumb-prehistoric_art_fatdinowave_anim.gif.350.c.gif

Morning all.

Looks like you've already eaten, where will you find space for the munchee?

Brendan WW wrote: »
    To be honest Desmond I don't.

Isla's comments have seemed weird but not sure what to make of it.

Someone mentioned the teams might be best on the geographical location on the welcome pack, which seems as good an idea as any.

Other than that I haven't noticed much apart from a lot of stuff about jello (is this a bit in Jurassic Park? I've not seen them all) and then some cracking tunes from you Tutu.

It's literally mentioned in passing once in this scene in the original movie:

giphy.gif

To elaborate, it's when the kids in the original movie figure out the Raptors are nearby and they hide from them.

So I don't understand the over emphasis on it at all tbh.

Morning all, that's how it would look now but a long day ahead, lets see how it pans out.

These two posts Hollypop? Not seeing much other than idle chit chat...

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

I’d be happy if all players who have posted overnight or up until now were grilled.

Balance of probabilities and all that vajazzle.

Advertisement