Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - Isla Nublar

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Just thinking out loud really. Oh I did think of something else last night but I think Clodagh has now made it a moot point.

Was wondering about role cop and role blocker roles. Do they have to target someone specifically? I don’t know anything about them just the name but as Clodagh said she had a task I don’t think it matter now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Have many from taco read the robbing of a power from the grave part? At that stage Ewan and Gabriel were the only dead.

Can we have your thoughts on was it bad taking a power from bad that was required (the handlers button)?
    A good robber stealing a power from a bad dead person or a bad dead person stealing power from a good dead person?

If you think it’s the latter 2, my question is - how could they know to steal from that person?

As it was an item taken, would probably suggest the first scenario.

If it was either the others, could have been a case of them getting lucky.
    Just another quicky

In the spirit and flavour of the game would the converted Mary be called a wolf cub?

Wouldn’t it have a dinosaur reference?

Given there is reference to nrv in the OP, I wouldn't say its totally inaccurate that they would be referred to as wolf cub.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    I can understand Nigel coming out with just one person peeked. It seems he thought that Mary had twigged him as seer and would've told her wolf friends. So it was either come out and get the piece of information out there and maybe get protected, or probably be munched.

Cub I think sounds fine. We're not sure all the evil characters are dinosaurs so they wouldn't necessarily be a dinosaur.

Especially a double peek imo. Puts more at risk than just King Nidge, if Clodagh and Mary were speculating about roles backstage.

Henry WW wrote: »
    As it was an item taken, would probably suggest the first scenario.

If it was either the others, could have been a case of them getting lucky.

Given there is reference to nrv in the OP, I wouldn't say its totally inaccurate that they would be referred to as wolf cub.

Sound. I’ll file that thought away now.

Orla WW wrote:
    Was wondering about role cop and role blocker roles. Do they have to target someone specifically? I don’t know anything about them just the name but as Clodagh said she had a task I don’t think it matter now.

Role Cop is seer essentially.

Role Blocker is slightly different.

But yes both need to target someone specifically. Pretty much like all actions tbh lol

• Advertisement

So it’s safe to say the Tim Murphy hacked and blocked the controls and stopped the handlers activating something. Time wise I think that means Ewan could have been an annoyed handler too but I’ll go check that.

So it’s safe to say the Tim Murphy hacked and blocked the controls and stopped the handlers activating something. Time wise I think that means Ewan could have been an annoyed handler too but I’ll go check that.

Most likely scenario. But I didn't get a wolfy vibe off Ewans posts so :confused:

Voting was closed
    Ewan was lynched
    Activation was blocked

We have to have killed a handler in either ewan or Gabriel. If there was 3 baddies (I’m guessing) to start with that leaves 2. Mary converted but killed today still leaves 2. That can be explained anyway.

What do you guys think? What about tacos side of things?

This is where my notes about posts and interactions may be useful. If the baddies were keeping away from each other before I posted it, they’d have no choice but to converse afterwards as they thought I was keeping tabs. I can now look at Gabriel then Ewan interactions with others

Voting was closed
    Ewan was lynched
    Activation was blocked

We have to have killed a handler in either ewan or Gabriel. If there was 3 baddies (I’m guessing) to start with that leaves 2. Mary converted but killed today still leaves 2. That can be explained anyway.

What do you guys think? What about tacos side of things?

This is where my notes about posts and interactions may be useful. If the baddies were keeping away from each other before I posted it, they’d have no choice but to converse afterwards as they thought I was keeping tabs. I can now look at Gabriel then Ewan interactions with others

Yeah, those interactions... are those the things you were doing early doors on day 1 on the Sorna thread? Cos I was asking about those last night... not a clue what they were.

Yeah. I was just listing who had posted, how many times, who they’d talked to, if they ignored someone’s question to them.

I broke it down into 2 parts
    1) Isla Nublar from the time of temporary thread closure up until move
    2) Isla Sorna start up until time I disclosed what I was working on.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

There is not point in spending the day trying to decide Clodagh's alignment, as has been said this will sort itself out tomorrow morning if she does not die and then we can lynch her tomorrow.

I don't see any reason to doubt Nigel's role claim as there have been no counter claim and Mary's reaction kinda confirms his peeks. We run the NewFFA like we did on our island, race the top three and Nigel can pick one of them to check.

It would be so much easier if we even had any idea how many people we are looking for. Can we assume one island cleared their wolves and that is why we were brought back together? Or were we always going back to the main island when we did. it is this line from the rules in the OP of our Island that has me wondering:

If you eliminate all the wolves on this island, you will return to the main island.

if that is the case then our island must be the one who removed all their wolves as Mary was on the other island.

I’ll go and work on that for a few hours. Think it’s best to maybe do up until lynch time of first night.

Luckily, I can disregard Eva, Nigel, Clodagh and Mary ( who was good at the time) as partners but will need to take into account bandwagons in them in my notes.

Doris WW wrote: »
    B] Can we assume one island cleared their wolves and that is why we were brought back together? Or were we always going back to the main island when we did. it is this line from the rules in the OP of our Island that has me wondering:[/B]

If you eliminate all the wolves on this island, you will return to the main island.

if that is the case then our island must be the one who removed all their wolves as Mary was on the other island.

Doubtful unless the T-Rex killed Conor, a wolf and then we lynched one of the handlers in Holly. (Would also put Abigail, or Katie as the other wolf).

And I don't think Conor was a wolf.

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Doubtful unless the T-Rex killed Conor, a wolf and then we lynched one of the handlers in Holly. (Would also put Abigail, or Katie as the other wolf).

And I don't think Conor was a wolf.

I wouldn't rule it out though, I think conor was good also, but abi, holly and Katie as wolves is a possibility. Also, we thought Derry may have been seer but we are to believe now Nigel is seer. Wouldn't rule out Derry as a wolf.

We were on the other island for a day and a half, sounds like a reasonable amount of time or do you rekon we were supposed to return this morning?

I wouldn't rule it out though, I think conor was good also, but abi, holly and Katie as wolves is a possibility. Also, we thought Derry may have been seer but we are to believe now Nigel is seer. Wouldn't rule out Derry as a wolf.

We were on the other island for a day and a half, sounds like a reasonable amount of time or do you rekon we were supposed to return this morning?

Would mean Sheriff Desmond ran the tightest and cleanest island the world has ever known :D

Would mean Sheriff Desmond ran the tightest and cleanest island the world has ever known :D

On that note, disregard my comment :D

I just don't get why the mods would say we need to kill the wolves to return if they were returning us anyway?

What are our thoughts on the priest? Do we think he/she gets the roles of all dead players or only the ones on the island with him? If they have't got the roles of the players killed on the other island could they get them now?

It's a fair point and one we should at least consider. Would considerably narrow down the wolf pool.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

I just don't get why the mods would say we need to kill the wolves to return if they were returning us anyway?

It didn't say that Doris.

From OP on the island:
    Rules:
    All rules from the main OP are still in play.
    Your task is to find any wolves that are on this island.
    You may be returned to the main island before all the wolves are eliminated.

It said we would return if we eliminated them. It did not say we needed to eliminate them to return. It also mentions the possibility of returning without eliminating all the wolves.

• Advertisement

Welp, Nigel - I got your back ;)

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

From OP on the island:
    Rules:

It said we would return if we eliminated them. It did not say we needed to eliminate them to return. It also mentions the possibility of returning without eliminating all the wolves.

I'd like to think we returned to the main island early because we were decimating the wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

In the Isla Nublar admin building things were hectic as usual. Triceradots stood surveying the monitors that covered every inch of the park (spared no expense) tentatively Pter approached... "Boss one of the raptors attacked one of the guests again last night, what are we going to do?.... I have some draft announcements here for you to look at..."

"oh did you, isn't that nice! We don't have time for this, people are dying" she grabbed the pen from him and wrote:

Desmond was killed in a raptor attack

"now get back to work"

Another wolf peek would be amazing

From OP on the island:
    Rules:

Sorry missed that bit :o back to square one

GG desmond

Sorry missed that bit :o back to square one

Although, one munch just then suggests you might have been on to something Doris. Unless there is just one big wolf team and they were split across the islands.

Aw not Des! RIP.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

There is not point in spending the day trying to decide Clodagh's alignment, as has been said this will sort itself out tomorrow morning if she does not die and then we can lynch her tomorrow.

I don't see any reason to doubt Nigel's role claim as there have been no counter claim and Mary's reaction kinda confirms his peeks. We run the NewFFA like we did on our island, race the top three and Nigel can pick one of them to check.

It would be so much easier if we even had any idea how many people we are looking for. Can we assume one island cleared their wolves and that is why we were brought back together? Or were we always going back to the main island when we did. it is this line from the rules in the OP of our Island that has me wondering:

As I said, Mary and I discussed in back room about our thoughts. I said I thought Nig as roled and she didnt. Now the whole wolf cub thing makes me wonder, I did think last night.

Is it crazy to think that yes Mary was converted and Nigel was a wolf? Mary told the wolves what we thought etc and deicded to have Nigel go for it? I just don't get someone wasting a second peek so early in the game when they will only get one more peek due to outing themselves

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

Don't worry Desmond I'll try ensure this gif is used before every munch.

ofm.gif

giphy.gif

Advertisement