Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - Isla Nublar

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Id love to be SK one day

How would you play it ?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

The SK will almost certainly hit a non Taco islander too keep the pool of potential SKs larger

The wolves will do similar too if there's any of them still around. Gonna be a messy morning for us Sornans, along with Clodagh apparently set to die as well.

If this is one of my last posts, farewell and thanks for a good game. Go village.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    I have little doubt that the serial killers will not hit you that’s for sure.

Me too

How would you play it ?

Right now or from game start

Well from the start, id like to be untraditional.

SKs traditionally lay low, wanting to avoid any suspection. Id avoid fluff and try my best to be helpful but not too helpful.

So Id be a tad brazen, maybe take a tactic an SK wouldnt normally take. Though what that would be would take some thought.

While Id like to be brazen, fear of being caught or lynched early would keep me cautious.

Ideally Id play it as Im playing now.

• Advertisement

Right now or from game start

I’ve seen from game start, so from now on would be best. Imagine you are a sk I’m sure it won’t take long. Now you have a dog with a bone who feels he has you caught do you kill him and say “ it wasn’t me sure that would be stupid you guys can clearly see that killing him has implicated me and therefore I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me “ . Or if you allow me to live then you can say “ I could not have tolerated this dog to live and so you can see I can clearly not choose the wine in front of him”
    Luckily I’m the dread pirate Roberts and whichever wine you drink you are dead.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m tearing my hair out here trying to work out the close on this, you have played a serious game. Playing the confusion card at the beginning and then buddying up strategically to certain players. You have simply cruised to this position with little or no suspicion on you. The seer is dead and the vig is either out of shots or believes you. So in this scenario ( call it hypothetical for the purposes of this post) do you kill the badger that is coming after you or do you let him live to spend his lunch break canvassing for your lunch?

Well from the start, id like to be untraditional.

SKs traditionally lay low, wanting to avoid any suspection. Id avoid fluff and try my best to be helpful but not too helpful.
    perhaps adopt a character or a persona different to the game. In your case the detective.

So Id be a tad brazen, maybe take a tactic an SK wouldnt normally take. Though what that would be would take some thought.
    well pretending to be a jester or alien or some role that would benifit from being lynched would sure fit that idea. Note to self - see who backed up those that suggested you were forcing a lynch
    While Id like to be brazen, fear of being caught or lynched early would keep me cautious.
    Sun Tzu says you should be cautious when you feel brave and rash when you are fearful.
    Ideally Id play it as Im playing now.

Well you are clearly playing it like you are now.

The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.

Hopefully we can continue this tomorrow.

Happy to answer any questions,

We should focus on the Tacos as we know a baddie is there, despite your feeling about a bad egg remaining in your group

Whenever you have time.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Up early to get the good seats for Clodaghs death.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

I just took a bottle of pills, think I am feeling a bit depressed. My parents don't love each other any more and my sister is dead. Only thing I have is dinosaurs and grandpa, but nothing makes me want to stay here anymore.

Oh and Jake, you went from acting like a total noob to playing like a pro. well played well played. You have certain "feel" about you I can't shake.
    No need to comment much on last night, bit of a ded kid walking situation.

I said before who me and my sis were a bit scared of.

Good luck everyone, see you on the flip side.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

God the waiting is killing me. I hope there is a bloody mod awake to kill me!

No paramedics. There is a DNR in place.

I should have some fun in my last few mins though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

As morning was still a few hours away, one visitor hadnt slept a wink. It felt like forever since she lost the person most dear to her. All the events of the past 24 hours were now a blur. Everything about this poxy island was a blur. Pterodactyls flew overhead as Clodagh gazed up in amazement. What a place of wonder she thought, then snapped back to reality and realised she was in a hell hole with idiots all around. With one final glance back at camp, Clodagh stepped to the edge of the cliff and thought of her family. As a tear ran down her cheek, she stepped from the edge, crashing down on the jagged rocks.

Clodagh is Dead

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Fare de well, Clodagh xxx

Morning you lot rise and shine!!!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Morning all

So long Clodagh, for a moment there I thought that was a vig kill until I realized the 24hr thing

WP Clodagh, she was a bogof alright (buykill one get one free) one of a pair of star crossed lovers. She had to do the task to save her sister Mary which was spotted by Gabriel.
    So Gabriel messed up and realised that she was doing a task and outed her as roled. Clodagh couldn’t tell us what had happened for fear of being munched and the wolves getting a double hit on us.
    The wolves (Fiona) targeted her sister Lex (Mary) again and this time they were successful but luckily we caught her , WP Nigel (confirmed seer btw). I faked fighting with Nigel and with Clodagh because I felt they were PR and hopefully that helped with the decisions that the wolves made. So the vig killed Gabriel which got him killed and then the grave robber stole the vigs power which resurrected the power.
    I don’t know what happened on the other island at this time btw.

Back on this island Nigel called out Mary (wolf ) and me (not wolf ) after a game changer. Double peeking Mary was hands down the best move in the game. Then the wolves killed Desmond (NRV) because he was repping the Vig.
    Next Isla ( serial killer) killed Nigel (seer). Then Rhiona gave us Steve (converted wolf) in what I hope was not but may be a serial killer move. Finally after the vig killed Steve we lynched Fionula ( triceratops handler wolf) and and poor Clodagh died of a broken heart (PR Starr crossed lover).

So I think that’s all the wolves dead (they were all on our island) but I don’t get told the stuff for Taco island. The Taco island priest will be able to come out after I’m killed and confirm all this and confirm my role.

So kill Isla then I donno maybe Rhiona and then yes it’s the rest of the Taco islanders in any order. We should have the numbers. That’s assuming there is no munch this morning.

Jake, are you not convinced Riona is Samual L ?

If it is just the Sk left, my order would be

Brendan - Playing the perfect game - maybe a mask.
    Tegan - Have been iffy about her the whole game
    Doris - No issues with her but by default I put her here
    Isla - Surely couldn't be that brazen to be the Sk.
    Riona - Don't think we will reach Riona

Of course, slot me in there wherever ye like. I'm a suss as any of us I suppose.

Henry WW wrote: »
    Jake, are you not convinced Riona is Samual L ?

If it is just the Sk left, my order would be

Brendan - Playing the perfect game - maybe a mask.
    Tegan - Have been iffy about her the whole game
    Doris - No issues with her but by default I put her here
    Isla - Surely couldn't be that brazen to be the Sk.
    Riona - Don't think we will reach Riona

Of course, slot me in there wherever ye like. I'm a suss as any of us I suppose.

It could have been a bus, I can’t clear her so I’m just putting it out there. Kill Isla first after that keep killing Taco’s.

It’s a speed day today, isn’t it? Can we have the schedule again?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

duffman13 wrote:
    Munch at 10 Lynch at 2 Munch at 3 Lynch at 9

• Advertisement

It could have been a bus, I can’t clear her so I’m just putting it out there. Kill Isla first after that keep killing Taco’s.

If it was a bus, she was a wolf, we will know with how many kills there are today.

That is, if we can identify between the sk and wolf kills?

If it was a bus, she was a wolf, we will know with how many kills there are today.

SK kills seems to be the T-Rex? The only kill I can't figure out is Katie accidently setting herself on fire to be honest.

Nope my theory is that they may have a comms room. I fake wolfed after Nigel thought I was a wolf and they didn’t even flinch. Look there will be two or possaible three kills by 2pm so at that point Taco priest can come out and say who had died and it will be a wrap. It’s not Rhiona and it’s not Isla who is Taco priest so we can kill them and worst case it’s a numbers game. I am 100% confident in Isla tho.

Could Katie have had a Clodagh/Mary thing going on? What were the timings of death before hers?

Or someone who wanted to leave the game and it was a mod kill?

Tegan WW wrote: »
    SK kills seems to be the T-Rex? The only kill I can't figure out is Katie accidently setting herself on fire to be honest.

Yeah that's the one I'm puzzled about. If there is only 1 kill this morning, we need to be sure who did it. If its a wolf kill, we need to look at sorna folk, SK we look at taco.

But I think you're right, the T-rex sounds like the Sk, the timing of those kills were inconsistent.

But nobody’s died from taco since the last T-Rex kill

Orla WW wrote: »
    But nobody’s died from taco since the last T-Rex kill

So therefore T. rex is still alive and is a Taco player.

ISLA.

It's possibly irrelevant at this point but this was Katies death:

Katie WW went to the kitchen to get herself some toast. Toast is almost as good as jello. As she pushed down the handle on the toaster, one of the elements inside the toaster sparked. Katie WW’s eyes grew wide as the spark caught on the skin of her hand and travelled all the way up her arm, before her entire body exploded in a burst of flame.

Katie WW is dead.

It's still pretty funny though :)

Isla, how come you're still alive if you missed a vote?

Ok I’m at work I’ll check in at 10 and see it there was a munch.

• Advertisement

Of the top of my head, the taco deaths were

Mon- lynch - Abi
    Tues - mun - Derry
    Tues - kill - Katie (burned to death by a dodgy toaster)
    Tues - T-rex - Conor
    Tues - Lynch - Holly

If Katie was mod killed I think it would be announced.

Advertisement