Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - Isla Nublar

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Sorry I just had a thought. One of the T-Rex kills specifically mentions someone following it in its shadow. A handler maybe.

Now the T-Rex is killing without a handler. Could we have killed the handler and not the T-Rex?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    I was expecting to end up using it on an outed / suspected (if dead) Seer or / Priest but at the time didn't have a clue who was the priest and our outed dead seer had checked the same dead person twice. Which is why I brought my power to the group so as to get a good idea from the Sorna folk who from their island would be worth using it on and in doing so (and being honest on thread in advance) hope that it might start to build a village core.

I do notice though that Tegan is letting us interrogate each other. Hoping one of us screws up (although as I goodie I dont think I can unless you take something I say the wrong way). Silence is a good way to avoid making a mistake and outing yourself though.

This is the endgame Sorna guys, please even if it's aimed at me poke at us

What your saying makes sense and it would be quite the power to have for an SK, but what could action could Tegan have performed on me. That's what I can't think of. If it is something with negative consequences I could see why she claimed bodyguard.

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Sorry I just had a thought. One of the T-Rex kills specifically mentions someone following it in its shadow. A handler maybe.

Now the T-Rex is killing without a handler. Could we have killed the handler and not the T-Rex?

No one seems to have been a dinosaur thus far though. Unless we were never meant to leave the island and the mods are controlling it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    What your saying makes sense and it would be quite the power to have for an SK, but what could action could Tegan have performed on me. That's what I can't think of. If it is something with negative consequences I could see why she claimed bodyguard.

could be literally anything, I would imagine if she is the SK it would not be an overpowering ability though. Sucks that you don't know what, would have cleared this whole thing up.

With regards Tegans notion, it'd be a bit weird if Rex needed to be controlled by a handler up until now but kept acting as a vig taking us out (the exact same) when not controlled.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

I was thinking of a neutral team myself earlier trex and handler and I was initially thinking it could be Brendan and tegan.

How convenient that they targeted each other. Can't understand why the bodyguard wasn't aimed at a sorna seeing as the SK must have the vig killed.

If you can find the flavour that once said trex and handler we can rule my theory out

• Advertisement

It could be riona . killing wolves would be fine for her and buys a lot.of village Cred if she's an SK. Absolutely nuts to get the info she got AND be a killer but in a game with zero info who knows

Will do my best, give me some time to search.

No one seems to have been a dinosaur thus far though. Unless we were never meant to leave the island and the mods are controlling it.

Mods controlling it is the most serial killer esque thing you've said

Liam WW wrote: »
    I was thinking of a neutral team myself earlier trex and handler and I was initially thinking it could be Brendan and tegan.

How convenient that they targeted each other. Can't understand why the bodyguard wasn't aimed at a sorna seeing as the SK must have the vig killed.

If you can find the flavour that once said trex and handler we can rule my theory out

Where you dont trust any 3 of us right now I would suggest finding info yourself so it is presented in the proper form but great to see you (Hopefully Gertie can be about sometime soon).

I hadn't really thought about a 2 person team to be honest but it would actually make sense of the situation. iirc the flavor just had a shadowy figure using a tablet/device and Rex following that person back into the forest after the kill.

Will do my best, give me some time to search.

I'd search myself but I'm phone posting for the rest of today

• Advertisement

I'd search myself but I'm phone posting for the rest of today

ill give a look in a bit too, just to make sure whatever is presented is on the up and up.

Mods controlling it is the most serial killer esque thing you've said

You realise it was a joke right

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107666553&postcount=637

Having left the dark rooms of the compound, the villagers gathered around a camp fire under the tarp trying to hold off the rain, the last day or so had brought with it death and not much else. The promise of this Jurassic Park seemed a distant memory now punctuated by fear and loathing. One of the villagers began to think of why anyone thought they could tame these creatures or even co-exist with these beasts. The fire was burning brightly however the wind hit them forcefully and the rain saturated the floor. The villager decided he/she was going to take shelter in one of the cars, at least it would be dry.
    As this was happening there were low rumbles that could be felt through the ground. ‘Seismic activity? But this island has been dormant for thousands of years!’ thought the people huddled around the camp fire.
    The villager felt nothing as the shock absorbers of the Jeep took the vibrations and rumbles and left the villager inside blissfully unaware.
    As the villager got comfortable in the car there was a sudden lurch as the car shot up in to the air, the roof crunched in the teeth of a dinosaur. The second bite put an end to the fear of Conor WW.
    An ear piercing roar could be heard as the dinosaur retreated into the nearby treeline. A shadowed figure could be seen tapping a e-tablet as the dinosaur retreated. The shadowed figure followed after the dinosaur.

Conor WW was killed

That's all it said. I think that's the one where the figure and dinosaur are both mentioned.

I don't think someone is the dinosaur. No one has been a dinosaur yet, so I am guessing no one will be. I think it's just the shadowed figure.

Here is one anyway and the one I was referencing above

T-Rex killing
    Having left the dark rooms of the compound, the villagers gathered around a camp fire under the tarp trying to hold off the rain, the last day or so had brought with it death and not much else. The promise of this Jurassic Park seemed a distant memory now punctuated by fear and loathing. One of the villagers began to think of why anyone thought they could tame these creatures or even co-exist with these beasts. The fire was burning brightly however the wind hit them forcefully and the rain saturated the floor. The villager decided he/she was going to take shelter in one of the cars, at least it would be dry.
    As this was happening there were low rumbles that could be felt through the ground. ‘Seismic activity? But this island has been dormant for thousands of years!’ thought the people huddled around the camp fire.
    The villager felt nothing as the shock absorbers of the Jeep took the vibrations and rumbles and left the villager inside blissfully unaware.
    As the villager got comfortable in the car there was a sudden lurch as the car shot up in to the air, the roof crunched in the teeth of a dinosaur. The second bite put an end to the fear of Conor WW.
    An ear piercing roar could be heard as the dinosaur retreated into the nearby treeline. A shadowed figure could be seen tapping a e-tablet as the dinosaur retreated. The shadowed figure followed after the dinosaur.

Conor WW was killed

Also, you'll have to ask Tegan about why she 'protected' me. (Or did whatever action she did)

Other deaths. No mention of the figure.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107674630&postcount=891

Everyone was still gathered in the exhibition area at the centre of the island, reeling from the morning announcement. All of a sudden they hear a strange fluttering noise

Looking up they see a massive flock of birds flying overhead..... The ornithologist in the group pips up "they only fly like that during migration.... Or to escape a predator"

RUN!

In that instant they all felt it... The ground shook violently like an earthquake.
    Some of the crowd dropped and lay perfectly still knowing that if they didn't move she couldn't see them.
    Nigel was not one of them, he ran screaming hysterically and from above the t rex opened her massive Jaws and devoured him whole

NIGEL WW IS DEAD.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107684881&postcount=1406

As dawn came up on Nublar, the Island was peaceful. The villagers slept soundly and the watchman had fallen asleep. The sun broke through the trees and the island began to stir. Vibrations began to shake the trees, the village looked towards the trees to hear a massive roar. A massive T-Rex stepped through the trees, its head clearing the tree line. Stepping over the bodies of raptors, she moved towards the nearest villager she could find. Snapping its head back and then moving swiftly through the air the T-Rex grabbed Jake in its jaws. Ripping him apart.

Jake WW is dead

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107687805&postcount=1536

visitors (who seemingly never learn) all began to run as they heard the thunder of the T-Rex stomping in their direction. Orla was leading the pack but lost her footing on the uneven ground as the others raced ahead. The T-Rex snapped her up and devoured her in one before letting out a mighty roar and retreating

Orla has been killed

Also, you'll have to ask Tegan about why she 'protected' me. (Or did whatever action she did)

I figured you'd be able to use your power again maybe, which would be more useful to the group than my protect skill.

Look, it might just be flavor, but I thought it strange that a controller was specifically mentioned but then never shows up again.

I figured you'd be able to use your power again maybe, which would be more useful to the group than my protect skill.

Look, it might just be flavor, but I thought it strange that a controller was specifically mentioned but then never shows up again.

More useful than a vig?

I already said I can't check day actions (including SK kills).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Sorry village. RL is keeping me well away from WW today, and will do for the rest of the day.

I've started to catch-up, and got as far Tegan's Ian Malcolm reveal before I just wanted to say something.

I've messaged the mods to apologise for my absence, as of yet I can't see my punishment for missing the lynch vote.

Just saying now in case it helps the village's plans and calculations - I am unnamed park visitor, just boring ol' NRV.

if your reading the last page dont worry Gertie your not punished yet and should have time to catch up before the deadline and therefore not get punished. NRV was kinda expected although you probably shouldnt have revealed it as it makes another role more obvious.

going to do up a big post detailing all my thoughts but will also keep refreshing another tab incase anyone has any questions for me

• Advertisement

More useful than a vig?

That's a mistake on my part then, sorry.

More useful than a vig?

That is a little odd alright. If I could have protected someone I would have protected the potential vig not a potential SK.

1/3 is probably (could be 2 but I feel someone being controlled would not continue acting the same once not controlled but thats just me) lying I know its not me but I'll include myself here anyway (and yes of course I admit im the author here and I know its not me so its hard to write it any other way than where I sound like im 1 of the good ones):

Me: John "Ray" Arnold - The chief engineer in Jurrasic park (and the person with the "hold onto your butts catchphrase" with the power to choose a player on day 3 and find out whatever info they got from the mods. My backroom is called "John Arnolds Server Room". I openely stated I had this power on thread on Day 3 and asked for help choosing a target and went with the target suggested and this lead to 2 wolf deaths. Deaths & matching roles which were then confirmed by our priest.

Brendan: A lawyor that got eaten by the T-Rex while he sat on the toilet. His power is a bit vague but he can see if someone did a night time action but cant say what action or even if its good or bad. Brendan had not done anything dodgy during the game in terms of his actions but this could also be used to say that he did not to anything that stand out to confirm him. His character in my opinion is the least likely to have been written into a game imo.

Tegan: Ian Malcolm - before his character reveal I was sure Tegan was the one, and tbh most others seemed to be too but surely Malcolm would be used in this game. That said she is a BG who chose to use his power on a potential SK instead of a potential vig. She is also the person who suggested letting a found wolf live for another day so as to take a chance on Isla (later revealed to be a villager).

Tegan:

explain this comment please
    If we are assuming Fiona is a dead wolf walking, we could lynch Isla just to be safe.

also, what is your backroom called? Why did you protect Brendan (a person you should not have trusted) and not Liam or Gertie?

While Myself and Brendan were interrogating each other Tegan was ... ???... staying silent waiting for fallout. While me and Brendan seemed confident of the game ending and were giffing at each other where was Tegan...???... in her backroom giving the mods an SK target as the T-Rex interuppted our fun.

If not for Ian Malcolm being a far more likely character I would be all in on Tegan being the most likely SK out of her and Brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Tegan:

explain this comment please

also, what is your backroom called? Why did you protect Brendan (a person you should not have trusted) and not Liam or Gertie?

MOD

THE RULES DO NOT ALLOW FOR SHARING OF INFO FROM BACKROOMS WITHOUT CONSULTING MODS FIRST. NOONE ANSWER THIS QUESTION PLEASE.

my bad sorry

While Myself and Brendan were interrogating each other Tegan was ... ???... staying silent waiting for fallout. While me and Brendan seemed confident of the game ending and were giffing at each other where was Tegan...???... in her backroom giving the mods an SK target as the T-Rex interuppted our fun.

If not for Ian Malcolm being a far more likely character I would be all in on Tegan being the most likely SK out of her and Brendan

Well he's not more likely because Donald is in the game. I'm here.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

if your reading the last page dont worry Gertie your not punished yet and should have time to catch up before the deadline and therefore not get punished. NRV was kinda expected although you probably shouldnt have revealed it as it makes another role more obvious.

going to do up a big post detailing all my thoughts but will also keep refreshing another tab incase anyone has any questions for me

It might make another role more obvious, but I'm in a very limited capacity with what I can do for the village today. In my mind, there was a net benefit for the village rather than the SK in revealing.

Insane amount of kills to try and keep up with today.

My 'a sornan could still be a wolf' thoughts from last night died today along with Jake and Orla. I couldn't shake that 'roar' thing from Orla early in the game, and Jake flickered between newb/astute pro far too often to have full confidence in what he said.

So...the Taconian SK...and it wasn't the brazen Isla.

Hmm, Riona...

Just how 'confirmed' are you? You're Sam Jackson's character right? (love the gifs btw). I just can't shake the feeling that SK is hiding in plain sight and playing a blinder here. Reading some of your posts from earlier today, if you turn out to be SK, you were very complimentary of them too! That would be very cheeky...and a top game from you if you turned out to be SK.

Anyway, just trying to cover all bases. Especially since one Taconian has apparently been confirmed good in Tegan and that further narrows the pool to find the SK in.

Anyway...we run the Taconians for the remaining lynches?

I don't mind being considered, but I really think (with Orla and Jake gone) that our remaining bad/SK is from Tacona.

• Advertisement

Anyway, just trying to cover all bases. Especially since one Taconian has apparently been confirmed good in Tegan and that further narrows the pool to find the SK in.

Anyway...we run the Taconians for the remaining lynches?

I don't mind being considered, but I really think (with Orla and Jake gone) that our remaining bad/SK is from Tacona.

to help you catch up. Tegan is not confirmed good. Even though people considered me as close as we had to confirmed good the only ones who are confirmed are you and Liam based on the fact that the T-Rex was a Taco island problem and that Rex/the SK is the only bad one left (unless its Rex and a handler but I dont think this is the case... could be wrong).

I know its not me but as far as the vote goes one of Brendan, Tegan or myself has to be the ones being chosen between for the above reasons.

Advertisement