Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - Isla Nublar

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Look. It's easy.

Lynch me, then take it from there.

I agree with Tegan :eek:

only on this point though.

Do villagers ever say this in a situation where it could cost the village? I mean I didn't think there were 2 bads but if there were then she would be dooming the village if a villager

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

A tacolander has to go. Let it be me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    Give me a bit of time and I will (it might take longer as I will be refreshing another tab incase She tries to direct the conversation another direction while im doing so). I'll go back to when she first said who she protected and when not whatever she is saying now just to be sure it lines up

I think she said she protected Desmond first, which would have been the first munch on Tacano.

Looking back Des was killed after getting back to this island so her saying she protected him on day 1 is a safe suggestion as are all her other failed BG protections seeing as she (if she even can) succesfully protected nobody in this game.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Looking back Des was killed after getting back to this island so her saying she protected him on day 1 is a safe suggestion as are all her other failed BG protections seeing as she (if she even can) succesfully protected nobody in this game.

I'm not sure what you're arguing here? I've said openly what my actions were and that as a BG I've been pretty awful.

So lynch me.

Then lynch you.

The village can still win when we're gone.

I'm sure the village will win when you're gone.

• Advertisement

Tegan WW wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you're arguing here? I've said openly what my actions were and that as a BG I've been pretty awful.

Liam asked someone to look into your claim, I said I would. I was not arguing anything just stating that yes you chose people that would line up with being an unverifyable BG.

I do agree though that we should lynch you.

I don't like or think that any villager would suggest such a thing but whatever unless Liam or Gertie start asking more questions im not sure what else will be said here.

The only way I can understand her advocating lynch her first and then me considering both herself and Liam put forward the notion of there being a 2 person team is if that is the case and there is a 2 person team.

Tegan is lynched, the game does not end, we have no priest so the village then assume she isn't bad and have to choose between me & Brendan with Tegan having already put out the lynch her then me narrative.

Putting in my vote now as it's 2.30am here.

I'm voting Tegan even though her own behavior has made me question if perhaps there is a 2 person team when I didn't think that originally.

G'luck Liam & Gertie (if possible one of you try to be the last one to vote in case a tie breaker is needed)

would love to be around and see if it ends at 9pm your time & hope it does

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

1 & a half bottles of wine and for someone who doesn't drink I'm ballubus. A lovely Chinese though.

Can't get the form to work for voting so maybe it'll go to a flip I dunno.

Thank gos for autocorrect. To the pub!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Numbers dwindling, the park visitors were starting to think that no one would ever get off this lousy island. Minutes were starting to feel like days and you could see the strain in the eyes of each person. People had barely spoken, but a concensus was a reached amongst the village and it was time to put someone to the sword.

Tegan was lynched

• Advertisement

Lynch Votes - Night 5

Tegan WW - Riona, Liam, Brendan, Gertrude
    Riona WW - Tegan

Tomorrows Schedule

10am Munch
    12pm Lynch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Duffer what order are those votes in again?

Pter wrote: »
    Duffer what order are those votes in again?

Eh they are alphabetical :(

duffman13 wrote:
    Eh they are alphabetical

Just kidding

I ****ing hate this island

duffman13 wrote: »
    Lynch Votes - Night 5

Tegan WW - Riona, Liam, Brendan, Gertrude
    Riona WW - Tegan

Tomorrows Schedule

10am Munch
    12pm Lynch

Riona?? Are you sure you are Samuel?

rZcaiSC.gif

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Riona?? Are you sure you are Samuel?

rZcaiSC.gif

Yes 100%

Assuming, as we have been, that it's a taco problem, then you've played a blinder as I never thought you a wolf all game. Or at least always stated you gave less reason for anyone to think you were than others but that's cos your not a wolf... your the SK!

Whether you were on your own or in a team with Tegan I don't know but there is nothing else at this point that makes sense.

I just hope that you are like your claimed character and that the most memorable part about you is your death.

You may not have looked too Wolife but neither did I and I brought in two wolves for the village while using my power in a clear way in front of everyone which our priest then verified. What did you do ?

Claimed to vaguely say Tegan (your potential partner) did an action but couldn't verify what action. Nobody can verify that your action took place at all beyond Tegan agreeing with you and even if she could protect people why logically would she protect you (a potential baddie) instead of Liam/Gertie (a goodie and potential vig)?

Gertie / Liam, obviously I want you to vote to lynch Brendan SK but also I suggest deciding on thread who your going for first and block voting so a late vote can't be a deciding tie breaking one

If we are suggesting that the SK has a 2nd power (personally id be more inclined to think you just made up an unverifyable one that save Tegan from being lynched when people then switched to Doris) then which would make sense for it to have my claimed one or yours Brendan.

Mine: A few have said the SK would be OP if it could do what I did and find out all the info the mods gave someone, for instance if an SK could find out everything our priest knew that would give them a huge advantage. I also clearly demonstrated I had this ability

Yours: A power that helps located roled players. does not tell you their role, does not tell you if they are good or bad just helps you locate roled players.

for an SK or an SK team your power (if it's not bullplop) would be very helpful to identify prime targets.

^Just to amend what I said there, it could only locate roled players doing night time actions but still if it wasn't bullplop that would actually line up better with not wanting to make the SK or SKs too OP

Looking back I can't see where Brendan stated anyone else he used his power on just his potential team mate. He also didn't even produce a character name with his reveal until someone pointed it out. Give as little info as you have to least you give the game away eh?
    Tegan blocked someone after the lynch.

similarily here when you initially backed up Tegan's claim it was only later when questioned that you said that you only knew (if it wasn't all made up) Tegan did an action and not neccesarily blocked someone. very quit to back up what she said she could do.

You were so worried you'd be killed before you could get the unverifiable info to exonorate Tegan, yet your still here at the end why? posturing? The SK would never kill you (because it is you) if it wanted to have any hope of stopping a vig from shooting it and if there is a team they would not want one of the team (Tegan) clearly implicated.

not sure I can say more than what I have but if someone looks through all the posts I've made since sh!t went sideways and the people who I thought would end the game with their deaths didn' I don't think people will find much much wrong with the logical reasonings ive put forward as apposed to just people asking am I really who I say or posturing that the SK could be OP.

I have realised though that the block voting thing I said can't work as munch is first and I have to assume a sorna poster will be killed as killing me would leave no ambiguity as to who the killer is. Brendan now has to decide does he kill the player who seemed to think there could be an SK team or the person he thought could be trying to pocked him. I actually have to do some work away from a computer but should be done be back available around the time he chooses and before any lynching is done.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Right, this is mad. Great game SK, but this has to end next kill. Now that we are down to 4, we have to assume that it is 1 bad left. If there were 2, the game would be over in a 2 v 2 situation. So we're definitely looking at 3 v 1 now.

So...how sure are we that the SK is a Taconan? Unless the SK had the power to cross between Sorna and Tacona, they have to be from Tacona because that's where the T-Rex/SK kills took place. Realistically we are looking at Brendan or Riona. They have a path to victory...munch me or Liam next to then bring it down to a Mexican stand-off finale where anything is possible.

I haven't looked at Brendan at all in this game. Riona wasn't on my 'list' at any stage, but I'm quite familiar with Riona where as with Brendan, he hasn't been on my radar. I said as much yesterday evening.

Brendan on Nublar:

- Brendan crawled into the game, with what as someone else described 'pop in comments'. Comments to keep up appearances rather than actually help the village. It wasn't until someone called him on this that Brendan offered a bit more. What he offered though was minimal, as if he knew he didn't really need to be watching everything in the village.

- Brendan tips along when we all get back to Nublar, wants to stress that he has been helpful - Tells Orla he provided Tacona death notices and where to find them, then makes another post quoting them, without Orla asking for clarification. Overly helpful?

- Endorses Taconan's new FFA (list 3 players you suspect, 3 you trust) and suggests the Sornans adapt to it. Several posts are made about this- Helpful and informative, villager points. This info from the new FFAs would also be useful info for an SK to have. It offers a menu of players he/she can manipulate for their own devices. For example, 'most trusted villager' would be useful knowledge for an SK to have in a 'cut off the head and see how the body reacts' scenario.

- Brendan chimes in on the Mary/Clodagh thing, but again nothing ground-breaking, just a commentary on events. For example, in response to the Mary kill post...
    Brendan wrote:

"Well that resolved that I suppose. I've no reason to doubt Clodagh, she seems genuine, and we'll know if she's lying soon enough."

Par for the course on many of his comments I have seen; observatory rather than investigative.

- Throws shade on Henry in a similar way he threw shade on me; at a time when it was unnecessary for the village's focus, when there was an established fact about me/Henry but still felt the need to throw shade...

To Henry...
    Brendan wrote:
    This vote is the main thing keeping me from thinking your a wolf. That coupled with the theory that our island was wolf free.

To Gertrude...
    If we weren't looking for someone from our island I'd be certain that Gertie was trying to pocket me.

I've already responded to Brendan about this, but that comment still doesn't sit right with me. We were getting down to the closing stages and the village had a solid enough plan for victory. With this SK = Tacona theory, there was absolutely no need to throw shade on me or any Sornan at that point. Unless you are an SK who knows that you will have to make some kind of move or the village will walk this home, that is. Of course Henry wasn't as 'confirmed' as I was, but likewise, it just seems to be throwing shade for the sake of shade, or as Brendan said in response to me, "There was no point."

- Brendan posts tables showing villager/wolf score from day 2 on Tacona. It is to show village opinion on Isla, but it also is a convenient way of reminding the village, including the uneducated Sornans, that Brendan had top villager points and negative wolf points in the new-style FFAs.

- Gets very defensive with the one SK accusation I can see made against him. It was from Henry, and was just a list of Henry's SK suspects, but Brendan put a lot of thought into the response...
    Henry wrote:

If it is just the Sk left, my order would be

Brendan - Playing the perfect game - maybe a mask.
    Tegan - Have been iffy about her the whole game
    Doris - No issues with her but by default I put her here
    Isla - Surely couldn't be that brazen to be the Sk.
    Riona - Don't think we will reach Riona

Of course, slot me in there wherever ye like. I'm a suss as any of us I suppose.
    Brendan wrote:
    Perfect game? Where do you come up with this?

From your point of view
    a) if I'm the SK how am I playing the perfect game if you think I'm the SK? Surely the perfect game would be for you not to think that?

b) if I'm a villager how am I playing the perfect game if you think I'm the SK?
    Surely the perfect game would be for you to think I was a villager.

Either way (assuming we're just down to the T-Rex) the perfect game would not involve me being the highest on your suspect list.

None of the others on Henry's list seemed to take offence to this, let alone such a defensive response.

- Meta, but Brendan is on-thread around the time of all apparent SK kills on Nublar and Tacona. He is one of the first players to post after a few of them. Riona is meanwhile nowhere to be seen for the most part.

- Liam asks Brendan straight-out if he is SK...
    Liam wrote:
    Well you are likely to be last taco left alive. Are you the SK Brendan ? Lol

Brendan doesn't answer yes or no...
    Brendan wrote:
    If I was the last one left I'd be wondering what Riona had done for the village/vig to kill them off.

And if I was the last taco left alive then I'd have to be the SK, anyone would be in that situation.

Very deflective, a response a politician would be proud of.

- Brendan reveals as the Lawyer/tracker. Tegan confirmed this power of Brendan's. Does it confirm Brendan as good though?

The lawyer is not someone I would have bet on featuring in this game, let alone being good. An alias supplied for wolves/SK? I could see that.

SK could have this tracking power. In a game of 26 players, the SK needs maybe both a handler and a hand. The handler could be dead, the hand could be this tracker power which helps SK identify roled players in the game. It's not OPed, it's not game-breaking, it's just...a hand.

Brendan said that he would post more info about this power after the 'next' munch, though other players had to remind him that he could now be in the centre of the SK's crosshairs having come out with this info. That he might not be around after the next munch. Why did Brendan have to be reminded of this and that he was in danger from the SK?
    Orla wrote:
    Originally Posted by Orla WW
    Oooopsy Brendan. You do realise you’ve just signed your own death warrant
    Brendan wrote:
    Perhaps, but if so then the SK doesn't take out someone from Sorna. That means they have fewer places to hide and still haven't taken out the vig. In which case the village should see it home I think.

Spoken and thought-out like a forward-thinking villager, or SK.

- Brendan becomes very active towards the closing stages, quite comfortable post-reveal. In trying to work out whether we are looking at a T-Rex or its handler, Brendan posts info of all the T-Rex kills so far. Opines that no one in the game seems to be a dinosaur yet, so SK likely isn't a dino either. Genuinely helpful debate for the village here, but also could be some inside information.

- A difference between Brendan and those other Taconans who were around on Thursday; Correct me if I'm wrong, but Brendan did you offer yourself up for the lynch? Henry, Tegan, Riona, 3 I can think of without checking who acknowledged they had to be lynched, offered themselves and said they didn't mind when it happened. I'm just struggling to find where you did that.

So, I'm shattered here and quite likely getting tunneled, but I'm starting to believe that Brendan has played the near-perfect SK game and should be the next to go.

As I said, I'm well aware of Riona but now that I've looked into Brendan, who wasn't on my radar, there's a few things pushing me towards him rather than Riona for the next lynch.

Eitherway, whichever one of you it is, well done, you've played a great game win or lose. My head is mithered and time limited because of RL.

Sorry if it's not you, but vote/vig Brendan.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Fwiw, I wrote the above novel before I read Riona's post-midnight thoughts. Interesting that a few of our thoughts seem to align, especially about the possibility of SK having a second power.

As for Tegan and Brendan being on a team, I'm not sure. As Tegan said, she might have just made some poor choices or ones that weren't thought-out. In protecting Brendan, she might have thought that she was protecting the most villagery person remaining, rather than look at the no-brainer 'protect a Sornan' choice we can see in retrospect.

Riona, if you are SK, well done and may you rot in hell.

This is so hard bcause you're not hunting a wolf. You're hunting a villager who happens to be against you.

If the vig isn't munched today, I wonder should the remaining Soran just shoot as soon as they wake up and get the game over with ? :)

ALL

If you want to register your vote on thread or by PM before the munch (due to work committments / RL stuff) etc etc, we will accept that.

We will check the thread at 10.15 and if we have sufficient votes for 1 person, they will die.

THIS IS A FIRST PAST THE POST SITUATION (after the munch of course).

Yes 100%

Assuming, as we have been, that it's a taco problem, then you've played a blinder as I never thought you a wolf all game. Or at least always stated you gave less reason for anyone to think you were than others but that's cos your not a wolf... your the SK!

Whether you were on your own or in a team with Tegan I don't know but there is nothing else at this point that makes sense.

I just hope that you are like your claimed character and that the most memorable part about you is your death.

You may not have looked too Wolife but neither did I and I brought in two wolves for the village while using my power in a clear way in front of everyone which our priest then verified. What did you do ?

Claimed to vaguely say Tegan (your potential partner) did an action but couldn't verify what action. Nobody can verify that your action took place at all beyond Tegan agreeing with you and even if she could protect people why logically would she protect you (a potential baddie) instead of Liam/Gertie (a goodie and potential vig)?

Gertie / Liam, obviously I want you to vote to lynch Brendan SK but also I suggest deciding on thread who your going for first and block voting so a late vote can't be a deciding tie breaking one

Looks like I've a fair bit to respond to this morning.

I never claimed to be proven good. I've been quite honest in what ability I had. I've been able to track people at night. I can tell you who performed a night action and I can tell you who they performed it on. That is if I follow the right person.

I've no idea why Tegan protected me, a bizarre move, unless she was trying to catch me out and didn't think I'd guess that she protected me.

If we are suggesting that the SK has a 2nd power (personally id be more inclined to think you just made up an unverifyable one that save Tegan from being lynched when people then switched to Doris) then which would make sense for it to have my claimed one or yours Brendan.

Mine: A few have said the SK would be OP if it could do what I did and find out all the info the mods gave someone, for instance if an SK could find out everything our priest knew that would give them a huge advantage. I also clearly demonstrated I had this ability

Yours: A power that helps located roled players. does not tell you their role, does not tell you if they are good or bad just helps you locate roled players.

for an SK or an SK team your power (if it's not bullplop) would be very helpful to identify prime targets.

That would provide a huge advantage Riona, if you chose the right person. You'd have to know who the priest was to do so, and if you knew it was because they'd probably already given all their info to the village anyway. You might have been able to spot them prior to their reveal but you'd be doing well to have done so. So you get a one time check of all the info someone is given, which could be very valuable or could be absolutely worthless. It's a one time thing.

My power allows me to check if people doing a night-time action are lying, and in a late game scenario with wolves left it would've been like a seer role. My role could prevent fake role claims. Someone comes out as the seer, I follow them and see if they are telling the truth. It could also confirm powered villager roles to give weight to an outed seer. If there are two seer claims I can follow one and see what I come up with. Seems like a pro village thing to me.

^Just to amend what I said there, it could only locate roled players doing night time actions but still if it wasn't bullplop that would actually line up better with not wanting to make the SK or SKs too OP

Looking back I can't see where Brendan stated anyone else he used his power on just his potential team mate. He also didn't even produce a character name with his reveal until someone pointed it out. Give as little info as you have to least you give the game away eh?

similarily here when you initially backed up Tegan's claim it was only later when questioned that you said that you only knew (if it wasn't all made up) Tegan did an action and not neccesarily blocked someone. very quit to back up what she said she could do.

You were so worried you'd be killed before you could get the unverifiable info to exonorate Tegan, yet your still here at the end why? posturing? The SK would never kill you (because it is you) if it wanted to have any hope of stopping a vig from shooting it and if there is a team they would not want one of the team (Tegan) clearly implicated.

not sure I can say more than what I have but if someone looks through all the posts I've made since sh!t went sideways and the people who I thought would end the game with their deaths didn' I don't think people will find much much wrong with the logical reasonings ive put forward as apposed to just people asking am I really who I say or posturing that the SK could be OP.

I have realised though that the block voting thing I said can't work as munch is first and I have to assume a sorna poster will be killed as killing me would leave no ambiguity as to who the killer is. Brendan now has to decide does he kill the player who seemed to think there could be an SK team or the person he thought could be trying to pocked him. I actually have to do some work away from a computer but should be done be back available around the time he chooses and before any lynching is done.

Can you actually quote the whole post where I said that please? Because this is the first six or so posts from after I got the results of following Tegan. I said from the start they performed an action. What's this I changed my story business? I mean it doesn't fit the narrative you're trying to fabricate. I was clear on what I can do. I don't think I backed up anything that she said. I just said what happened and now you're trying to spin it into something else.
    Tegan performed an action on me last night
    wtf?

Brendan what exactly do you get when you use your power? just an action

Tegan can you confirm your action was done on him?

Non former Taconians who do you believe?
    I just get told if they performed an action and who it was used on. I don't get told anything else.
    So she could be lying but I don't know what the action would have been on me if she wasn't.

And if she wasn't lying then it must be you, because it's not one of the Sornas.
    By just an action does it say you were protected.

Currently im leaning towards believing Tegan even though, Tegan was top of my original list inc Isla, Doris, Henry & Brendan. Mostly because Ian Malcolm is someone who imo has to be in the game and was not countered while Mr toilet would not be
    Nope, nothing that indicates what the action was just an action.

That toilet is going to be the death of me it seems.

Looking back I can't see where Brendan stated anyone else he used his power on just his potential team mate. He also didn't even produce a character name with his reveal until someone pointed it out.

Yes, roled players aren't necessarily good. I can fact-check claims as I've said already and potentially work as a seer against the wolves. Not quite as good as a seer but close enough in the right scenario.

I said who I looked at in my opening post. You don't seem to be reading my stuff again. I've stated it very clearly. Why are you trying to push this stuff?

I didn't give a character name, correct. I didn't realise I hadn't and think I gave one as soon as asked.

I followed Derry first (night one on Tacano). They performed an action on Katie. I think this was Derry killing Katie (potentially on two different wolf teams). I don't know because I am just told they did a night action.
    I followed Nigel next (performed an action on Mary).
    The person I followed last night did not perform an action last night. I won't say who it is though in case that helps the SK.

Why did you look at who you did? Jake looked to have found two posts with a task in them? You were asking who you said performing your action on and not many people gave advice. I found a third post which contained both rexs and raptors. Did that help sway your decision?

I'm not going to be able to retort anything that Brendan says now so quickly from my phone... g'luck village, it's been exhausting fun. See you all at the finish line

• Advertisement

Brendan on Nublar:

- Brendan crawled into the game, with what as someone else described 'pop in comments'. Comments to keep up appearances rather than actually help the village. It wasn't until someone called him on this that Brendan offered a bit more. What he offered though was minimal, as if he knew he didn't really need to be watching everything in the village.

I'm going to have to split this into separate replies. Desmond asked me about that on Sunday night/Monday morning. What magical insights was I meant to have had then?

I got more involved and offered more as the game progress, shocker. As more things happened the more I had to go on. You can say I only offered minimal stuff on Tacano if you want, which is what you're angling at I presume but we split up on to the islands that morning. I don't think it's true though. There were some there whose contributions were minimal, I don't think I was one of them.

Advertisement