Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - Isla Nublar

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Responses are in bold.

- Brendan tips along when we all get back to Nublar, wants to stress that he has been helpful - Tells Orla he provided Tacona death notices and where to find them, then makes another post quoting them, without Orla asking for clarification. Overly helpful?

Thought it would be best just to have it in the thread rather than a link to it. Someone asked for a summary of what happened on the island and a I replied. Should I have left it to someone else who could put a slant on it or leave it for everyone to read themselves, when people have already said that they wouldn't have time to do so.

- Endorses Taconan's new FFA (list 3 players you suspect, 3 you trust) and suggests the Sornans adapt to it. Several posts are made about this- Helpful and informative, villager points. This info from the new FFAs would also be useful info for an SK to have. It offers a menu of players he/she can manipulate for their own devices. For example, 'most trusted villager' would be useful knowledge for an SK to have in a 'cut off the head and see how the body reacts' scenario.

Well it worked for us didn't it? At the time it looked to provide more information than a standard FFA. Looking back it was pretty effective given the results of our island.

- Brendan chimes in on the Mary/Clodagh thing, but again nothing ground-breaking, just a commentary on events. For example, in response to the Mary kill post...

Par for the course on many of his comments I have seen; observatory rather than investigative.

- Throws shade on Henry in a similar way he threw shade on me; at a time when it was unnecessary for the village's focus, when there was an established fact about me/Henry but still felt the need to throw shade...

To Henry...

To Gertrude...

I've already responded to Brendan about this, but that comment still doesn't sit right with me. We were getting down to the closing stages and the village had a solid enough plan for victory. With this SK = Tacona theory, there was absolutely no need to throw shade on me or any Sornan at that point. Unless you are an SK who knows that you will have to make some kind of move or the village will walk this home, that is. Of course Henry wasn't as 'confirmed' as I was, but likewise, it just seems to be throwing shade for the sake of shade, or as Brendan said in response to me, "There was no point."

The shade unnecessary on you, but on Henry you've gone from 'established fact' to not as confirmed as you were. And given we were actually looking at our island I think it was warranted to look at Henry. He wasn't top of my list for the reason I suggested but I'd more doubts about him than Riona.

- Brendan posts tables showing villager/wolf score from day 2 on Tacona. It is to show village opinion on Isla, but it also is a convenient way of reminding the village, including the uneducated Sornans, that Brendan had top villager points and negative wolf points in the new-style FFAs.

- Gets very defensive with the one SK accusation I can see made against him. It was from Henry, and was just a list of Henry's SK suspects, but Brendan put a lot of thought into the response...

None of the others on Henry's list seemed to take offence to this, let alone such a defensive response.

I've said on Tacano. In this game you can work on hunches and the like, but at times you need to deal in facts. If someone, in my view, is trying to spin a narrative then I have called them out on it. Tell me this, was I wrong in my reply?

- Meta, but Brendan is on-thread around the time of all apparent SK kills on Nublar and Tacona. He is one of the first players to post after a few of them. Riona is meanwhile nowhere to be seen for the most part.

- Liam asks Brendan straight-out if he is SK...

Brendan doesn't answer yes or no...

Very deflective, a response a politician would be proud of.

Let's say I said 'No I'm not'. Would you then accuse me of being defensive?

- Brendan reveals as the Lawyer/tracker. Tegan confirmed this power of Brendan's. Does it confirm Brendan as good though?

The lawyer is not someone I would have bet on featuring in this game, let alone being good. An alias supplied for wolves/SK? I could see that.

SK could have this tracking power. In a game of 26 players, the SK needs maybe both a handler and a hand. The handler could be dead, the hand could be this tracker power which helps SK identify roled players in the game. It's not OPed, it's not game-breaking, it's just...a hand.

I've responded to this already. Not sure why you see my power as handy, but Riona's as overpowered. Both could be useful, admittedly hers could be more useful, but hers has a much higher chance of getting nothing out of it.

Brendan said that he would post more info about this power after the 'next' munch, though other players had to remind him that he could now be in the centre of the SK's crosshairs having come out with this info. That he might not be around after the next munch. Why did Brendan have to be reminded of this and that he was in danger from the SK?

Spoken and thought-out like a forward-thinking villager, or SK.

I didn't have to be reminded of anything. Why do you think I waited till after there was no munch to come out. The wolves were the only ones who would kill me. If the SK killed me then they wouldn't have got a confirmed person from Sorna. Of course it's forward thinking, would you not want the villagers with roles to be forward thinking?

- Brendan becomes very active towards the closing stages, quite comfortable post-reveal. In trying to work out whether we are looking at a T-Rex or its handler, Brendan posts info of all the T-Rex kills so far. Opines that no one in the game seems to be a dinosaur yet, so SK likely isn't a dino either. Genuinely helpful debate for the village here, but also could be some inside information.

Again, I become more active as the game goes on and there is more happening and more information about. Is that not what we all should be doing?

- A difference between Brendan and those other Taconans who were around on Thursday; Correct me if I'm wrong, but Brendan did you offer yourself up for the lynch? Henry, Tegan, Riona, 3 I can think of without checking who acknowledged they had to be lynched, offered themselves and said they didn't mind when it happened. I'm just struggling to find where you did that.

I don't believe I did offer myself up. I was the one who pointed out we couldn't simply just work our way their the Tacanos, or as someone suggested blindly lynch and vig them. I said it was important who we lynched as if we just went through a list we could lose it. I could have easily blended in and said yeah lynch me folks. Riona is still here, having said that. Could she not have just been trying to blend in and jump no the self-sacrifice bandwagon?

So, I'm shattered here and quite likely getting tunneled, but I'm starting to believe that Brendan has played the near-perfect SK game and should be the next to go.

You're allowed say it wouldn't be the perfect game, but I can't because it'd be defensive? My word.

As I said, I'm well aware of Riona but now that I've looked into Brendan, who wasn't on my radar, there's a few things pushing me towards him rather than Riona for the next lynch.

Eitherway, whichever one of you it is, well done, you've played a great game win or lose. My head is mithered and time limited because of RL.

Sorry if it's not you, but vote/vig Brendan.

Riona WW wrote: »
    I'm not going to be able to retort anything that Brendan says now so quickly from my phone... g'luck village, it's been exhausting fun. See you all at the finish line

Right, get some jabs in first and then leave? Especially when you seem to have stretched a few truths and 'quoted' me.

Jake WW wrote: »
    Brendan WW wrote: »
    So the first was at half five, the second around six. The conversion was just after seven. Do you reckon that hour would have been them confirming task had been done and then deciding who to convert or waiting for the rest of the task to be complete?
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107669458&postcount=683

Then there is this from Fiona too

"Ok going by the starter pack its says raptor pen 1 “bait” 11am which Mary pointed out was a different time zone, but why would it reference rex for the raptor pen bait it doesn't make any sense, as we all know everything can have its lethal dangers in this park but throwing a rex in with raptors on a small island is a tad overkill,

I hear lex and rex, what would lex be in reference to?
    "

3 more Rexs and 2 'raptor's and a 'raptors.
    Jake WW wrote: »
    I’d say that if I was processing a task I’d not do it immediately afterwards as that would be very obvious. At the beginning I was reading the posts just before the announcement but then I decided it would be between the previous announcement and the lynch. I have to work but this is acually fun today. Sorry Clodagh for thinking you were in on it this morning but I think it worked out ok.
    Well I don't think they were to do with Clodagh, but they seem to have been timed shortly before the conversion (who according to Nigel) was Mary.
    Liam WW wrote: »
    oh nm, I see what you're driving at now
    Fiona WW wrote: »
    Except I didn't say Rex 3 times on the second post, I said t-rex and then 2 rex's but nice try there jake
    There's that and then in some posts you are using raptors and not just raptor. But then again that is something you might have clarified with the mods to see if it was okay and then planned to use as a defence if the task was found.
    Riona WW wrote: »
    Ok essentiallyhome now. Really wish I didn't get tinfoil hats and two people who wanted me to check the others as it doesn't give the village much without others backing up suspicions or saying why x might have a backroom (could easily be wolves getting me to waste my move). Hell even one of them saying go ahead and check them is of no good as it implies that nothing would be found and thus my move would be wasted by following their suggestion

Last chance for people to say who they think might have a backroom? or if anyone wants to come out for me to be able to confirm us both in one go

btw dont wait on me to make points or FFAs. They can be adjusted afterwards, discussion always helps and who knows your reasoing on your FFAs could have helped me if you made them.

Where are the detectives and Sheriff's when you need sleuthing ugh
    Well Jake thinks he has found something about Fiona doing a task yesterday. It's not iron clad but there looks like there could be something there.

Okay, Riona made the decision about who to look at but it's hardly like she got there herself. Jake found the task done by Fiona, at least the first two posts, and I found the third. Riona used this information I presume when deciding to look at Fiona. She gets the plaudits later on but I don't think she did the groundwork on it. I asked her why she looked at Fiona but she has now gone and doesn't seem to be answering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

With little warning this time, A T-Rex burst from the tree line and picked up Riona WW in its mouth, clamping its teeth together as it did, and snapping Riona WW in half.

As quickly as the attack happened, so too did the massive dinosaurs retreat. It gave an agonising keen after the attack had been completed, almost as if it wished to continue attacking the others, but was being called away, lest the T-Rex go on a rampage that would consume everyone on the island.

Riona WW is dead.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

What the fork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

NO LYNCH FORM FOLKS. FIRST PAST THE POST WITH ON THREAD VOTING. GERTRUDE HAS REGISTERED HER VOTE WITH US ALREADY, AND IT WAS FOR BRENDAN.

With little warning this time, A T-Rex burst from the tree line and picked up Riona WW in its mouth, clamping its teeth together as it did, and snapping Riona WW in half.

As quickly as the attack happened, so too did the massive dinosaurs retreat. It gave an agonising keen after the attack had been completed, almost as if it wished to continue attacking the others, but was being called away, lest the T-Rex go on a rampage that would consume everyone on the island.

Riona WW is dead.

Eh what? For what it's worth I followed her last night and she didn't perform an action.

I don't know which of you it is, but fair play for leading us down the Tacano road.

I'm guessing you're the vig then Liam. If it had been gertrude I'd be dead by now since she voted for me.

I can only say she brought up my comment about her trying to pocket me and how it had to be a tacano a number of times. So I'm voting her, because if she was the vig I'd presumably be dead.

Vote Gertrude

I'd be dead if she was the vig, so she can't be that.

Liam, you're cutting it a bit fine here.

Not that it matters, my vote should be the tie-breaker and we'll win anyway.

• Advertisement

VOTING HAS CLOSED. PLEASE STANDBY.

GAME OVER. SK (T-REX HANDLER) WINS.

EPILOGUE
    Brendan WW sat in a non-descript coffee shop in downtown San Francisco, sipping on his dinosaur themed extra frothy chilled latte, paid for by his friends in Amgen.

He remembered that last gasp rush for the helicopter. As Liam WW and Gertrude WW, alongside Brendan WW, ran for the escape chopper that had finally been sent for them, Liam WW and Gertrude WW realised that they shared a common bond and knew what must be done. The pieces of the puzzle that showed the how and why of this nightmare island all slotted into place at the same time for both villagers.

One grabbed Brendan WW and held him still, while the other searched Brendan WW and found a dinosaur control e-tab……and it was set to ‘rampage’ mode. The tablet was thrown on a rock and fizzled out of working order with a pathethic ‘splut’ noise.

At the same time, the t-rex’s implant failed and the rex, smelling an opportunity, began to bound after the trio. Brendan WW wriggled free of those holding him and ran to the chopper. The other two were caugh unawares and flatfooted, one even fell to the ground; flabbergasted at the massive dinosaur bearing down on them. As the escape chopper leaves with Brendan WW on board, the t-rex raises it's mighty maw and roars it's defiance at the world, having just bitten the two remaining villagers in half. Life, it seems, found a way.

Brendan WW had originally signed up to meet and train the most prominent beasts on the planet, but the novelty soon wore off and, when Amgen approached him with literal cases of cash, he felt he had no choice but to say yes to their plan.

Brendan WW flicked through news stories on his phone anniversarising the disaster that was Jurassic Park for a while. It hardly seemed needed. He had resigned himself to his role in the disaster a long time ago.

All the mayhem had been the result of a corruption that sank deep into the heart of Jurassic Park. Amgen, the huge corporation, wanted to use the dinosaurs as commodities, rather than as attractions at a dinosaur zoo. They wanted to exploit them for their size, unique genetic makeup and unequalled aggressive prowess. It was hard to disagree that such usage would yield results, but at the same time, it was highly unethical.

Amgen paid off most of the dinosaur handlers at the park to stage a series of attacks, which would ruin the park as a business and sink the share price to a level where Amgen could mop the entire enterprise up for a fraction of its normal cost.

Brendan WW had just been the trigger Amgen had pulled – Brendan WW wasn’t to blame for being a tool to a larger power, was he?
    John Hammond would be ruined, and no-one could then stand in Amgen’s way.

The park was still ruined. All but 1 of the 26 that were on the island died, so no further visitors would hand over the cash to risk their lives to such a degree. But the value of the park wasn’t in visits anymore. Already medical advances due to genetic manipulation were available. To those that could afford them.

Brendan WW had later learned that 24 hours after his escape, automatic sensors unlocked all of the dinosaur pens. The dinos were free to roam the island. Most likely to an eventual extinction. He sometimes thought about what happened to ‘Rexy’. But not often. He imagined Rexy had eaten its food supply by now and was most likely dead.

Most likely……

The end….?

49990442c2e588aec94c1bb28293d9cd.jpg

If everyone could ensure their anon account passwords are reset to the password we gave you, that would be much appreciated.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Well played, Deputy Brendan.

Sheriff Desmond... sigh.

gif7.gif?w=780

tenor.gif?itemid=3722068

giphy.gif

latest?cb=20150318142035

Poor old Donald :)

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Well done,

What an ending.

Great game mods. Hell of a lot of work went into that!
    Well done Barney, SK genius!!!

The ultimate victory in a WW game.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Sorry guys I thought 12:00 meant midnight and I had time. I never contemplated it being noon

I was just coming on to post that I was vigging brendan

I'm gutted that I lost this for the village

I'm so sorry guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Well done Barney, great game. I (Doris) would never have suspected you !

barney-2.jpg

**** sorry about that Liam / Rikand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I'm so sorry guys

Considering you shot me, im delighted lol

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

No matter the result Rikand - you played the single best first game i have ever modded or witnessed. Extremely well done!

I hope you will come back to play again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Very well played Barney. Great game mods.

I'm so sorry guys

Aw don't worry about it, you played a great game. RL gets in the way for us all sometimes.

Considering you shot me, im delighted lol

Considering you said you were a heavy poster I reckoned you were Desmond :)

Considering you said you were a heavy poster I reckoned you were Desmond :)

Heaviest poster is always Necro :D:D

Congrats Barney. Excellent game and a pleasure to mod throughout!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Fair play mods, cracking game. Really liked the two islands. Very well done.

Brendan password reset.

COP should be open to everyone now. All JP Fora opened too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm so sorry guys

Don't worry about it mate, stuff happens. Well played :D
    PS: I was Sheriff Desmond :pac::pac:

Advertisement