Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - Isla Nublar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I liked the split myself. Was good craic and kept things easier to keep up.

Though whos Idea was to stick me and Necro on an island

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

fixxxer wrote: »
    The Katie Toaster death had me wondering about a final destination game, but I don't know how that would even work.

Great game everyone, mods, players.

Anyone for a 24 hour game BH Monday? :D

Ha! Planning is in earnest currently for the next long game anyways.

For anyone who hasn't already...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107690102#post107690102

Here's the sign up thread ;)

(Only self promotion in the forum, mods, I promise!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

As I said in the backroom, this game is up for an award! the detail was just amazing. I was showing my hubby the welcome pack as well, he was impressed.

My knowledge of the movie was so old I had no clue about Alan, so had no idea anyone would be watching for it. but I told the truth, I kind of did nothing except have a death pact ha!

Well done to SK for a win, Barney did a fab job.
    Loved the island split. I panicked when we were going back together as hadn't been reading the other one. But seen once I did read that they made mention of a couple of things from our island. The split made the dynamics of the game different in a nice way. Easier to watch people as well when there are fewer numbers.

You did a great job mods, hats off to you. Shame what happened to QB with her list.
    Best get stuck into work now as in the office for a change lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I've said this to you already Pete and I haven't really got the views of the other wolves but I do think we were really negatively impacted by the fact that 90% of the wolf team were on an island with 10 other people. It made us all but impossible to hide. Obviously evidenced by how quickly we were all killed off.

And yes a certain amount of that is down to our own stupid plays (Molly award goes to Murray btw) but I still maintain that my FFA on night 1 wasn't any more outlandish than anyone else's and had we been on the main island I think I would've got by. Fiona at least might have gotten further.

That's really the only negative I can think of at the moment tho. It was a really well planned out game and the theming was spectacular. I'm just bitter that I died so early.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I've said this to you already Pete and I haven't really got the views of the other wolves but I do think we were really negatively impacted by the fact that 90% of the wolf team were on an island with 10 other people. It made us all but impossible to hide. Obviously evidenced by how quickly we were all killed off.

in hindsight this is the only thing I'd change, I think I'd allow baddies to cross kill from both islands. We had to keep all the raptors together though cos they hunt in packs of 3!!

Did anyone notice that we didn't re-rand the roles at all?

Sunday was an eventful day, especially with the trouble I've had modding before with game breaks. TBH I was devastated, because we've been planning this game since April. I'd have re randed everyone happily because I was determined not to let it go down in flames, but we figured we could manage it and still allow for the elements of surprise.

I'm delighted Barney one #teamsk!!

Thanks to Pter and Duffer who did so much of the work while I was off basking in the tropics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

And yes a certain amount of that is down to our own stupid plays (Molly award goes to Murray btw) but I still maintain that my FFA on night 1 wasn't any more outlandish than anyone else's and had we been on the main island I think I would've got by. Fiona at least might have gotten further.

That's really the only negative I can think of at the moment tho. It was a really well planned out game and the theming was spectacular. I'm just bitter that I died so early.

*75%

Same proportion of baddies on the other island. If anything, you 3 had the advantage of being able to coordinate amongst yourselves. I think everyone is more used to 25 player games where its easier to hide. We have to be able to adapt to the game, not the other way around. Anyway, just my opinion!
    in hindsight this is the only thing I'd change, I think I'd allow baddies to cross kill from both islands. We had to keep all the raptors together though cos they hunt in packs of 3!!

Did anyone notice that we didn't re-rand the roles at all?

Sunday was an eventful day, especially with the trouble I've had modding before with game breaks. TBH I was devastated, because we've been planning this game since April. I'd have re randed everyone happily because I was determined not to let it go down in flames, but we figured we could manage it and still allow for the elements of surprise.

I'm delighted Barney one #teamsk!!

Thanks to Pter and Duffer who did so much of the work while I was off basking in the tropics

'So much of the work'? You mean 'all of the work' right?

Pter wrote: »

'So much of the work'? You mean 'all of the work' right?

I do! though I did the hardest job of all! keeping you two in line!! also who's idea was it to do Jurassic Park?!!

That is true in fairness! I really enjoyed working with Duffer and TB. They are excellent mods and very fun to work with!

I think the game went well and its down to us 3 working well together, as well as the cooperation of each player. It is not lost on me we didnt have any dropouts this game and i am very appreciative of that.

Everyone seemed to contribute as much or little as they could, and were open to all the new stuff we had, which is all i could ever really ask for.

Thank you again to everyone for playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

No thank you to you three for designing and running a great game with some many twists (and alot of island hopping!!). I am out for the next two games so enjoyed playing this one.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Ahhhhh fffffffúck it anyway :(

Seriously well done Barney, that was an unreal game from you.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Just...no...I refuse to accept it. I'm feeling like Brent and Finchy after quiz night here.

Brendan...double or quits, I bet you can't throw a shoe over this forum.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Oooh, there's an idea! An Office themed game!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Very well designed game. I do think 4 wolves is a little bit light, with or without serial killers for a 26 person game because you need to consider that the wolves will be clipped by the SK too.

SK shouldn't count in the combined baddie pool. It should be separate entity all of its own imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Just...no...I refuse to accept it. I'm feeling like Brent and Finchy after quiz night here.

Brendan...double or quits, I bet you can't throw a shoe over this forum.

DelayedPlainBrahmanbull-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Just on this, we split 3 bad roles to both islands. 3 Wolves on one island along with 2 Sks and a wolf on the other. We had toyed with a few different ways of doing it but this was the best split for balance with the numbers we had in play.

The split should have suited the village down to the ground, the rejoining would have suited the wolves. Unfortunately for various reasons we lost wolves to beat the band in the early stages of the game and pretty much everything went against the wolves.

With 26 players we split 10v3 on both islands with the wolves having a conversion in play. We also had a crazy high kill rate planned were there was potentially 7 kills in a day. Neither Sk completed a task for the first kill, the first SK took out the second, a wolf was killed which then resulted in another wolf putting themselves on the block to be killed by the vig.

Like with anything it just so how crazy this game is, We had a few people say in thread the game was so wolf friendly which wasnt the case in the end. The night one lynch nearly saw the death of the priest and was one vote from losing the seer but a last minute flurry seing the wolfs losing a player.

With regards to the split, the only way we could hide the other island is to play on COP which is something which might be done in the future but for a first time doing it, it was best to try it on boards first. If we didnt use boards we would have had to duplicate the anon accounts on boards and the chances of someone posting on the main thread instead of the backroom increase massively.

Great craic with the mods, we really had fun, ill miss TBs voice messages in whatsapp! Pter kept us in line though. Cheers everyone

duffman13 wrote: »
    Just on this, we split 3 bad roles to both islands. 3 Wolves on one island along with 2 Sks and a wolf on the other. We had toyed with a few different ways of doing it but this was the best split for balance with the numbers we had in play.

The split should have suited the village down to the ground, the rejoining would have suited the wolves. Unfortunately for various reasons we lost wolves to beat the band in the early stages of the game and pretty much everything went against the wolves.

With 26 players we split 10v3 on both islands with the wolves having a conversion in play. We also had a crazy high kill rate planned were there was potentially 7 kills in a day. Neither Sk completed a task for the first kill, the first SK took out the second, a wolf was killed which then resulted in another wolf putting themselves on the block to be killed by the vig.

Like with anything it just so how crazy this game is, We had a few people say in thread the game was so wolf friendly which wasnt the case in the end. The night one lynch nearly saw the death of the priest and was one vote from losing the seer but a last minute flurry seing the wolfs losing a player.

With regards to the split, the only way we could hide the other island is to play on COP which is something which might be done in the future but for a first time doing it, it was best to try it on boards first. If we didnt use boards we would have had to duplicate the anon accounts on boards and the chances of someone posting on the main thread instead of the backroom increase massively.

Great craic with the mods, we really had fun, ill miss TBs voice messages in whatsapp! Pter Ryle kept us in line though. Cheers everyone

FYP

If both wolves and villagers are saying it was unfair to each of their groups, its probably balanced enough, imo.

I do not sound like Ryle Nugent.

oh ok then! :rolleyes:

Tommy BOWEEEEEEEE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Holy **** he kinda does! Ha. Never noticed it before.

Ah ffs.

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Holy **** he kinda does! Ha. Never noticed it before.

YES!

How is the migraine Duffer? That home remedy sort you out?

How is the migraine Duffer? That home remedy sort you out?

I just need a nap, the home remedy wasnt a bad shout tbf, didnt help but made my day a bit more bearable :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

How did Tim get the tasks and what were they? (Alangate)

Found out a lot about you in this game so, Pter. That thing which Jake raised in game about Peter Quill, it would have went completely over my head but for your mod warning and clarification. :pac:

sKeith wrote:
    How did Tim get the tasks and what were they?

Via pm, he had three phrases to post.
    I like Alan
    She's a real computer whizz
    I don't remember the 3rd

sKeith wrote: »
    How did Tim get the tasks and what were they? (Alangate)

Tasks were sent via pm and Tim was sworn to secrecy.

Task was to say the following three phrases before lynch:

Im shocked
    I love Alan
    She is a real computer whizz

EDIT: DAMMIT beaten to it! The mod collaboration ends here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Well done Barney! Great performance to pull that off

Mods thanks for this game, it was brilliant. My only complaint is I died so early after freeing up space in RL for it (grrr Fiona)

Split worked really well. The absolute lack of any usable info for the village made the early game seriously difficult.

Wolves didn’t catch a break tbh. Numbers on the islands felt right and balanced but everything went wrong for them. A couple of slightly different events would have led to a very different game.

Advertisement