Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - Isla Nublar

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Really? Like, really??

What cause have I in particular? Or what cause have any of us? This is Werewolf, miss. See Rule 3, Rule 7, Rule 14. Is there any reason I should *not* start throwing shade?

I mean there's a difference between finding something inherently wolfy (see my example above) and calling a player on it, and just blanket shading people.

It could be construed as a wolf laying the foundations for later accusations and going 'See, look - I pointed this out earlier.'

TLDR; (In my opinion, at least) Shading someone for something you find dodgy - fine.

Rattling trees and looking for reactions - also fine.

Shading for the sake of shading - wolfy.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

As I said to Des, it was only to Katie that I was (half heartedly) "shading". I do find it mildly suspect that she threatened to kill me for posting a poem. On balance it was *probably* just a joke, but I felt it worthy of asking them if they were a wolf. Exactly as you said you'd do: you'd "call someone on it".

Des, to his credit, seems to be paying attention. He came up with my three supposed shadings (when I wasn't) and my one actual, very quickly. I like that.

Cosying up to Des already?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    There's probably a task related to jello given reference to it in the OP and Starter Pack.

Whether it's for a goodie or baddie, I'm not sure yet.

What form of task do you suspect this jello task to have?
    Do you think its is pictures of jello?
    Or just the mention of the word 'jello'
    Maybe it has to be in caps Jello or JELLO.

Just maybe,
    Each beginning
    Letter in a sentence
    Like this
    Or maybe not...

discuss.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Shading someone for something you find dodgy - fine.

Rattling trees and looking for reactions - also fine.

Shading for the sake of shading - wolfy.

I wholeheartedly agree.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

As I said to Des, it was only to Katie that I was (half heartedly) "shading". I do find it mildly suspect that she threatened to kill me for posting a poem. On balance it was *probably* just a joke, but I felt it worthy of asking them if they were a wolf. Exactly as you said you'd do: you'd "call someone on it".

Des, to his credit, seems to be paying attention. He came up with my three supposed shadings (when I wasn't) and my one actual, very quickly. I like that.

Twas a joke Babs, in part.

Though the reactions from Isla and Desmond have been interesting.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

I wholeheartedly agree.

Oh dear. Now I'm cosying up again, aren't I? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

EMERGENCY MOD ANNOUNCEMENT

The restaurant want to remind all park visitors of our wide selection of vegan friendly jello flavours;

Apple. Grape. Apple grape.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

It has come to mod attention that we neglected to include a list of other visitors in the welcome pack. You'll find name tags in your bunks don't forget to wear them at group mixers! :D

The who's who of those in the park is as follows:

Abigail WW
    Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Brenden WW
    Clodagh WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW
    Desmond WW
    Doris WW
    Eva WW
    Ewan WW
    Fiona WW
    Gabriel WW
    Gertrude WW
    Henry WW
    Holly WW
    Isla WW
    Jake WW
    Katie WW
    Liam WW
    Mary WW
    Nigel WW
    Orla WW
    Riona WW
    Steve WW
    Tegan WW

Whats interesting about my reaction? Dont be coy, come on be game.....tell the group

Pter wrote: »

The restaurant want to remind all park visitors of our wide selection of vegan friendly jello flavours;

That is all.

Green Jello..... well unless its red grapes

• Advertisement

Katie WW wrote: »
    Twas a joke Babs, in part.

Though the reactions from Isla and Desmond have been interesting.

giphy.gif

Hey, he's not your usual type!! :)

I figured it probably was a joke (as I said above). But worth shaking a tree over. I'm not so sure about Des, but Isla's reaction has certainly been interesting.

Oh dear. Now I'm cosying up again, aren't I? :rolleyes:

It appears that way.

Hey, he's not your usual type!! :)

I figured it probably was a joke (as I said above). But worth shaking a tree over. I'm not so sure about Des, but Isla's reaction has certainly been interesting.

Again, whats interesting?

Its more interesting that you tried to shade someone for something you now claim was a joke under the excuse of shaking trees.

You really must do better.

Isla and Katie working together?

I better get my detective hat on.

Detective Isla is reporting for duty.

Isla WW wrote: »
    Whats interesting about my reaction? Dont be coy, come on be game.....tell the group
    Again, whats interesting?

Its more interesting that you tried to shade someone for something you now claim was a joke under the excuse of shaking trees.

You really must do better.

Something that was *probably* a joke. Don't you think it worth exploring and poking at???

Interesting because you seem to be reluctant to let anyone (or is it just me?) play the game of Werewolf as it is usually played. Are you afraid what might fall out of those trees once the branches are shook?

@Derry, I have no earthly idea what the jello task would consist of. Maybe one or all of the ways you tried.

Maybe it's simply flavour - or in this case, many flavours :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Babs responded to a very obvious set up I put out. I straight up threatened to kill her. So I'd have been more suspicious if she hadn't responded.

Desmond responded to Babs in a similar tone. Half joking, half serious. For both, Day 0s can be hard to come up with "fluff" and you can half accuse, half point out stuff, but still be vaguely "This is obviously nothing but I'm going to point it out for latter."

YOU were straight into serious mode though. Its like there was a brewing drama. You're very eager.

A little too eager.

watching-you-gif-23.gif

Something that was *probably* a joke. Don't you think it worth exploring and poking at???

Interesting because you seem to be reluctant to let anyone (or is it just me?) play the game of Werewolf as it is usually played. Are you afraid what might fall out of those trees once the branches are shook?

Firstly we are playing, dont try deflect.

Secondly it is worth shaking trees.... for example, ive shook yours and its got you all defensive.

Oh you better believe Im eager. Ive nothing to lose and it all to gain.

Firstly we are playing, dont try deflect.

Secondly it is worth shaking trees.... for example, ive shook yours and its got you all defensive.

Great, so we agree. Let's carry on playing so!

• Advertisement

Isla and Katie working together?

I better get my detective hat on.

Detective Isla is reporting for duty.

You can be the detective.

I'm this guy:

eEqWu.gif

Great, so we agree. Let's carry on playing so!

Yes let's, im quite enjoying my first trip around such a park.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

That's not a bad theory tbh actually.

And by that hypothesis the other team are the carnivores?

As I've a bad feeling real life stuff might make me of no use to the village later so i'll throw out a few theroies now while im active

Although the post you did respond to started with me asking you if you had any yourself as you had been asking others for some and now instead of coming to that conclusion re the carnivores you instead turn it into a question so someone else will do the leg work and make themselves a potential target

Yes I'd posit that the 2 teams could be Herbivores and Carnivores.

I would guess the Herbivores have to complete tasks to get there kills as they are told to report to their location to get their communal space to get their feeding schedule.

Carnivores could just Munch. I would reckon Munch would be at the usual time maybe the listed feeding times for them indicate which when of them has to put in the kill order on each day and by when on that day. Perhaps on Monday any of them can as it is unlisted. Who knows, maybe if we kill one of them they might not be able to munch on a certain day but i'd guess they'd have some backup as that would be too much of an advantage. Maybe Alpha can cover for them on their day.

As for working out their abilities if they have any i'd guess we have to look at other pages on the welcome book like the dino specific pages but im reaching atm due to yeah trying to come up with stuff before im barely able to post. One lad just got sacked/quit at work depending on who you ask and another has a broken leg so... I'm gonna get screwed the moment I walk into work tomorrow

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Note to self: Those doggies over there in what I presume is some kind of petting zoo sound quite aggressive. I hope they have been fed. Also, why is there a really high fence around their kennel? That's not ideal for guest access to a petting zoo. Poor doggies.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    What form of task do you suspect this jello task to have?
    Do you think its is pictures of jello?
    Or just the mention of the word 'jello'
    Maybe it has to be in caps Jello or JELLO.

Just maybe,
    Each beginning
    Letter in a sentence
    Like this
    Or maybe not...

discuss.

I dont think there is a Jello task but if there was one listing out all the possible Jello tasks including giving examples of potential tasks would be a good way to slip one by

discuss.

Note to self: Those doggies over there in what I presume is some kind of petting zoo sound quite aggressive. I hope they have been fed. Also, why is there a really high fence around their kennel? That's not ideal for guest access to a petting zoo. Poor doggies.

Isla De Tective here, so have you seen any wolves roaming the park yet?

Apologies Riona, I put out my theories earlier today, perhaps a tad early for some but just general notes I made from the Welcome Pack.

Summary is:

Dinosaurs Mentioned prominently in Starter Pack:
    Triceratops
    Velociraptor
    Tyrannosaurus Rex
    Apatosaurus
    Anklyosaurus
    Spinosaurus
    Dilophosaurus

Feeding Times:
    T-Rex – Thursday, 6pm – Live bait
    Spinosaurus – Friday, 6pm – Live bait
    Raptors – Tuesday, 11am
    Apatosaurus – Open schedule
    Triceratops – Open schedule
    Dilophosaurus – Wednesday, 3pm

Those with live bait listed might be kills at those times (although the Friday one is a bit confusing)

Other References:
    Booking state of the art jeep with GPS
    Isla Nublar
    Genetics Lab, chip and collar on aggressive dinosaurs - genetics labs may suggest conversions
    Jello references, Island Café - tasks
    First Aid Procedure
    Scheduled Finish – Friday, 4pm..?
    Helipad for exit
    If Helicoptors not available, high powered boats.

Teams from my notes were perhaps two/three raptors, a T-Rex and maybe others. Human team as mentioned by Holly. Your theory holds water too though.

Also noted that the mention of Triceratops Handler in Staff roles along with Triceratops itself may suggest two villagers in a room together.

That's what's I gots from the Starter Pack so far.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Pter wrote: »

That is all.

That's fine, thanks I guess. However, like any self-respecting vegan, I want my food to resemble a nice, juicy burger or some kind of dead animal. A few chucken wings would even be nice.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    As I've a bad feeling real life stuff might make me of no use to the village later so i'll throw out a few theroies now while im active

Although the post you did respond to started with me asking you if you had any yourself as you had been asking others for some and now instead of coming to that conclusion re the carnivores you instead turn it into a question so someone else will do the leg work and make themselves a potential target

Yes I'd posit that the 2 teams could be Herbivores and Carnivores.

I would guess the Herbivores have to complete tasks to get there kills as they are told to report to their location to get their communal space to get their feeding schedule.

Carnivores could just Munch. I would reckon Munch would be at the usual time maybe the listed feeding times for them indicate which when of them has to put in the kill order on each day and by when on that day. Perhaps on Monday any of them can as it is unlisted. Who knows, maybe if we kill one of them they might not be able to munch on a certain day but i'd guess they'd have some backup as that would be too much of an advantage. Maybe Alpha can cover for them on their day.

As for working out their abilities if they have any i'd guess we have to look at other pages on the welcome book like the dino specific pages but im reaching atm due to yeah trying to come up with stuff before im barely able to post. One lad just got sacked/quit at work depending on who you ask and another has a broken leg so... I'm gonna get screwed the moment I walk into work tomorrow

A hungry dino will be eating visitors.One thats just been fed by the park, would be less likely to be snacking on visitors.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

All this jello talk is making Conor hungry, and when Conor gets hungry it’s not far to h-anger, and there’s no mention of ice cream to go with the jello :( jello without ice cream is like bangers without mash :(

Advertisement