Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - Isla Nublar

Options
1555657585961»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote:
    And my games , for most part ran mostly smoothly. I would hate for something to go wrong. Modding is a tough gig, so all mods have my upmost resepct.

I agree fully. I don't want the guys to think I'm criticising them at all.

Anyone who has modded with me in the past knows I'm incredibly particular (QB and Stu are finding that out right now :P)

My comments are more about not 'What was wrong with the game' - that certainly isn't intended.

It's more 'What I would do with it if it was my game.'

Hope that was clear because offence wasn't intended by my feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Necrominus wrote:

Crystal!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necrominus wrote: »
    I agree fully. I don't want the guys to think I'm criticising them at all.

Anyone who has modded with me in the past knows I'm incredibly particular (QB and Stu are finding that out right now :P)

My comments are more about not 'What was wrong with the game' - that certainly isn't intended.

It's more 'What I would do with it if it was my game.'

No we can not agree. We must duel forever

beakerjoe wrote: »
    No we can not agree. We must duel forever

What happens whilst me and beaker duel in game :pac:

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

All. It is disappointing to see game mods being criticised after a huge effort in time from each of them but if you have complaints please pm me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    All. It is disappointing to see game mods being criticised after a huge effort in time from each of them but if you have complaints please pm me.

I though it was a very original game and personally I took advantage of the confusion to fake claim. I never said I was priest and I never gave a charachter name but I think that the lack of knowledge and information given made for a very enjoyable game with various options to shape it for all sides.

It’s a pity that the list thing happened like it did. It was angle shooting for sure but the player did it in full view of the mods and therefore offered up the move to judgement. As they said later in this thread it’s not like they used subterfuge.

People vent because they care so I don’t think the mods, who did a great and innovatitve job, should go without criticism but saying that I feel that every post on here should start with or be assumed to start with “ great game”. It’s easy to run a standard game anyone can do it, running an innovatitive ww game takes far more effort I mean at one point it was basically two games.

So well done mods and well done critics/players and especially well done to the winner barney the t-Rex :) (that makes me smile).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

That's reminds me, whoever thought of posting the glass of water pictures is an evil genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

fixxxer wrote: »
    That's reminds me, whoever thought of posting the glass of water pictures is an evil genius.

Were they not giffs?

Jack Moore wrote:
    It’s a pity that the list thing happened like it did. It was angle shooting for sure but the player did it in full view of the mods and therefore offered up the move to judgement. As they said later in this thread it’s not like they used subterfuge.

Tbh just on this point, the list was posted in the wolf room. We just happened to see it, there are plenty of games I've modded where I wouldn't be reading the backroom threads, and I don't know how or why we happened to read that thread at that time. That's why we typically include a mod question thread, so mods don't have to follow a kajillion threads.

Preferred protocol if you spot a potential game breaking error would be to report it to the mods via pm thus minimising the number of people who become aware of it. Something like that goes way beyond what could be considered meta imo (maybe I'm more particular about it because, a previous game of mine had to be abandoned due to an error being exploited and breaking the game).

As for not speaking about it afterwards until asked, (and I can only speak for myself on this) I didn't want to drag it back up again and have it become a huge thing where QB gets hauled over the coals, repeatedly by everyone. We had handled the issue, repaired the game as best we could, QB knew we had no option but to modkill her because of what had happened and accepted that. I figured if people had questions related to that or anything else they would ask. Maybe that, like not re-sorting the list was mistake, meh! I'm an imperfect human

Thanks 

(I don't remember if it was actually my idea but I did get great pleasure out of posting them)

.... It was Pter's idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

(I don't remember if it was actually my idea but I did get great pleasure out of posting them)

I also got pleasure out of seeing them pop up. Didn't know quite how to react to them at times though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

too many of these threads end with this kind of discussion but I'd like to note that 95% of the games participants just think that was a great game with a new interesting twist which ran pretty smoothly.

Sorry Steve, not sure if im remembering wrong but I think at the time our seer had already been killed after peeking the same person twice so the only person who might get info from the mods about someones conversion being successful is the person who converted them. Since it turns out you were good and people acted very quickly and I didn't put all my info in my final reveal because the mods had some fun with the T-Rex water gif I'm def at fault there and my move was not as successful as hoped. Still we finished off the wolves essentially then and I kind of got confirmed villager. as a result.

I had so many Sam Jackson gifs I never got to post.

giphy.gif

Bren killing me at the end was his best move imo, the confusion it lead to was his only chance to avoid the has to be Taco SK tag long enough to turn the vig. For so long it looked like the Village had it he just did so well not looking dodgy he was bottom of the list of surviving Taconites.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

A lot of this was already said, and I did touch on it over in the backrooms.

But I LOVED the split in this game. When I get an NRV roll, I can physically feel the energy drain out of me. In a group of 25 or whatever, it feels like its way to overwhealming, and I lose interest.

The second it became a group of 12, that interest surged back up. I had notes again, and found it way easier to form a list of who I trusted and who I didn't. So yeah, I thought that idea was phenomenal.

Even if my stint was cut short then by a wonky toaster (boo :P), I really enjoyed the game. Nice work :)

Ha! I forgot Lordie was Katie (Sorry Lordie :o )

So on Taco Island the PW crew were in full flight:

Lord, Bounty, Beaker, Kolido AND myself all locked on one island :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Ha! I forgot Lordie was Katie (Sorry Lordie :o )

So on Taco Island the PW crew were in full flight:

Lord, Bounty, Beaker, Kolido AND myself all locked on one island :pac:

And not 1 bodyslam to be seen :D

Kolido wrote: »
    And not 1 bodyslam to be seen :D

No just a faulty toaster and a T-Rex :pac:

Vince Mc Mahon better not see this or next WM it'll be Roman going over a T-Rex in the main event :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

No just a faulty toaster and a T-Rex :pac:

Vince Mc Mahon better not see this or next WM it'll be Roman going over a T-Rex in the main event :rolleyes:

Whats that Necro, your going to do another WWE Werewolf game the week before Wrestlemania?

yep that's definitely what I took from what you said. :pac:

Whats that Necro, your going to do another WWE Werewolf game the week before Wrestlemania?

yep that's definitely what I took from what you said. :pac:

Something tells me Lord might have that covered ;)

If you can PROMISE me Chris Jericho, I'll be down for that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Something tells me Lord might have that covered ;)

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

When Jayop suggested the idea of the game of ww, there were a bunch of people who had never heard of it but eagerly signed up. The games started as a basic vanilla style and over the years have grown to be the most amazing games.

The amount of work EVERY mod team has put in is phenomenal and hats off to them. Each of us thinking on new themes and ideas and creating personalized documentation is unreal. We have done TV shows, Films and books. The creativity has known no bounds.

Each game with its intricate backroom and new accounts. The fun of modding these back rooms and interactions with the players adds to the modding experience.

Meeting up for beers and games of werewolf have been great too. We have become a good community and it is a shame when bickering starts after a game. I have a lot of respect for QB, surprised she took the wrong decision but admire that she accepted the spanking and went to the backroom. The mods made the right choice with how they ran the game after. I just assumed I was lucky and got to keep my role, but had no clue what the mods did. It was handled well by all parties and just mystery around Babs.

Let's all have a big hug and get on with the next game. I can't be in it due to getting organised to go to the UK to catch a plane to Miami! I is heading on the Caribbean man! going on this ship...

I dunno, some people probably don't like the bickering, I have a little bit of a different view on it.

People generally don't argue over something unless they care about it. I think it's testament to the passion that a lot of our guys here have for the game that in the aftermath, some people will be a little upset.

It'd be far worse, imo if the game finished up and the thread went quiet after the customary thanks and congrats messages to mods and the winners.

What I can see from it is that we have a group of incredibly passionate and driven folks within the community here, who while they won't always agree - and sometimes fall out over things (hi beaker ;) ), they'll shrug it off after a couple of days, dust themselves down and simply move onto the next game with no grudges held.

And I think that's one of the things about Werewolf here that I enjoy the most.

Now, that's enough sentimentality from me, I'm off to throw stones at cats or something to compensate :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

While the big games are great I think they should be rotated with plain vanilla. The big games are very complicated for a newbie (from personal experience)

While the big games are great I think they should be rotated with plain vanilla. The big games are very complicated for a newbie (from personal experience)

I'd personally agree with this tbh. Difficulty is, especially now the schedule stretches to November 2019, is that people wait for ages now to run their own game and I can't fault anyone for wanting to try a theme or new things in their own version. Equally it's difficult to tell someone who wants to mod a game that they have to do it a certain way.

That being said, we do need to try and slot in more vanilla, newbie friendly games to try and get more new players.

Sully and myself are currently working on one that might be more your style, Pawwed - we just have to settle on a date for it :)

Of course, don't let that put you off from the next game on the 26th August. Be great to have you on board!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Its a fair point. And less work for mods. A mixture of both games is a good idea.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

The one that me and Necro will have will be very easygoing. It will be non-anon, long day play, closed threads at times. Just an easygoing, vanilla-esque game with a few mod secrets.

Because it will be non-anon and vanilla, we won’t be using COP for the backrooms. We will use something like discord instead.

It will be themed, but nothing complex and very newbie friendly. And oldie friendly. Everyone friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

sullivlo wrote: »
    The one that me and Necro will have will be very easygoing. It will be non-anon, long day play, closed threads at times. Just an easygoing, vanilla-esque game with a few mod secrets.

Because it will be non-anon and vanilla, we won’t be using COP for the backrooms. We will use something like discord instead.

It will be themed, but nothing complex and very newbie friendly. And oldie friendly. Everyone friendly.

That other site worked very well for vanilla games. Before we used COP. Cannot remember the name of it.

All Eyes On Rafah

That other site worked very well for vanilla games. Before we used COP. Cannot remember the name of it.

QuickTopic iirc. Before my time but I used it as a temporary measure when COP went down during the Disney game.

If people are worried about what people things about after a game ,maybe a separate discussion thread would be good?

Jurassic Park Main Game
    Jurassic Park Post Game Discussion

• Advertisement
Advertisement