Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cbeebies land

Options
  • 27-07-2018 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Has anyone been? If so is it a normal alton towers ticket or is it a separate ticket? Looking at going to Thomasland too and thinking of doing a day in each! Kids will be 4 and 1.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

There's a cbeebies land?Watching this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

shesty wrote: »
    There's a cbeebies land?Watching this thread!

Yes in alton towers! And a cbeebies hotel ;)

I want to get ferry to hollyhead so trying to plan trip as returning sailing times are not great if you want a cabin....so will need to go for longer than planned!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I'm following this thread, as I was wondering the same thing!

Dinkie wrote: »
    I'm following this thread, as I was wondering the same thing!

Yipee it’s the one ticket!!
    Haven’t booked yet but planning 8.10 ferry to holyhead drive say maybe 2.5 hours stay around stoke on trent.
    Day 2 full day in
    alton towers cbeebies land.
    Day 3 drive 50mins and full day in thomas land.
    Day 4 home....get 2pm ferry back to dublin!

Waiting for Irish ferries to come back with a package price :) No 100% sure on best location to stay....must look up mumsnet.

The other thing is if you do one day on thomasland you can buy day2 tickets as you are leaving for £11 each.

I am using my tesco coupons so free into alton towers and thomas land :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

I done Thomas land last year with 2 yo and 14 yo 2 adults with Irish ferries last week of august/1st days of sept.

I stayed 3 nights Tuesday left Dublin 8.10 to holly-head.

1st day went to Blackpool for few hours direct from ferry got there around 3ish went down pier few kids rides ect left around 6pm

We was staying in Stafford just off m6 was only hotel available on deal at time about 45 mins drive to Thomas land arrived around 8pm ish.

2nd day left hotel around 10 drove to Thomas land got in just after 11 had a great day young lad loved it you can use any rides in drayton manor not just Thomas land.

There was signs in park come back tomorrow for £7 or around that we said we would avail of it i went to customer office to buy them and to my surprise i was given complementary tickets for next day girl said not all rides where open so gave me them.
    Left Thomas land around 5.30 went back to Stafford and had dinner ect

3rd day went back to Drayton manor had a good day and into Birmingham for dinner and back to hotel.

Last day i found a petting farm/old railway centre not too far out of the way spent about 3 hours there and headed back for ferry for 5.15 sailing back to Dublin.

Last year i paid Irish ferry's €330 for 2 adults 1 child and a toddler for hotel and ferry with car.

i requested a quote for same this year and for 2 adults and 1 child €450

Both prices are without park tickets i bought them myself last year in a flash sale for £18 each adult you can sign up to newsletter and hold off buying tickets till last minute might save someone few £ if your lucky

Also small note m6 toll near Birmingham is £6 one way and can be avoided

• Advertisement

vickers209 wrote: »
    I done Thomas land last year with 2 yo and 14 yo 2 adults with Irish ferries last week of august/1st days of sept.

I stayed 3 nights Tuesday left Dublin 8.10 to holly-head.

1st day went to Blackpool for few hours direct from ferry got there around 3ish went down pier few kids rides ect left around 6pm

We was staying in Stafford just off m6 was only hotel available on deal at time about 45 mins drive to Thomas land arrived around 8pm ish.

2nd day left hotel around 10 drove to Thomas land got in just after 11 had a great day young lad loved it you can use any rides in drayton manor not just Thomas land.

There was signs in park come back tomorrow for £7 or around that we said we would avail of it i went to customer office to buy them and to my surprise i was given complementary tickets for next day girl said not all rides where open so gave me them.
    Left Thomas land around 5.30 went back to Stafford and had dinner ect

3rd day went back to Drayton manor had a good day and into Birmingham for dinner and back to hotel.

Last day i found a petting farm/old railway centre not too far out of the way spent about 3 hours there and headed back for ferry for 5.15 sailing back to Dublin.

Last year i paid Irish ferry's €330 for 2 adults 1 child and a toddler for hotel and ferry with car.

i requested a quote for same this year and for 2 adults and 1 child €450

Both prices are without park tickets i bought them myself last year in a flash sale for £18 each adult you can sign up to newsletter and hold off buying tickets till last minute might save someone few £ if your lucky

Also small note m6 toll near Birmingham is £6 one way and can be avoided

Wow tjank you so much :)
    Irish ferries still haven’t replied to me :( and tried to ring them the other day and got cut off after 7 mins of holding!

€450 is amazing for 3 nights?

There isn’t a 5pm saling when I want to go :(

Was the hotel Tillington hall? If so was it ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

When we went to Thomas land we stayed in the premier inn in Tamworth if I remember rightly. It was on the outskirts, and very handy for thomasland. We flew though, so not sure about ferry distances.
    There’s a little zoo in Drayton manor too, we did that the second day!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Just back from Thomasland today, we have a five and a two year old, spent two days there and they had a brillant time, got the ferry to Holyhead, one thing I would say is there is a huge amount of roadworks on the motorway (m6) at the moment, so you need to add a lot of time on to your journeys to and from the ferry, be careful with the swift ferry also, it is quicker but they get cancelled a lot, make sure your early to the ferry also, about 10 cars and 2 buses left on the ramp from this evenings ferry back

Millem wrote: »
    Wow tjank you so much :)
    Irish ferries still haven’t replied to me :( and tried to ring them the other day and got cut off after 7 mins of holding!

€450 is amazing for 3 nights?

There isn’t a 5pm saling when I want to go :(

Was the hotel Tillington hall? If so was it ok?

they was slow responding to me also this year maybe a week later.

yes tillington hall it was grand room was little small and basic and quiet perfect to get head down. staff was nice and friendly

i looked back on email boat back last year was 8pm departure back long day and kids was knackered by time we got home.

how u do milliam?

i got 3 nights in holiday express stafford boat over and back with car 2 adults 1 toddler 3yo for €351 irish ferrys

no park tickets but hoping they go on sale again like last year if not buy online before we leave

with park tickets price was €415

booked today very happy

• Advertisement

how u do milliam?

i got 3 nights in holiday express stafford boat over and back with car 2 adults 1 toddler 3yo for €351 irish ferrys

no park tickets but hoping they go on sale again like last year if not buy online before we leave

booked today very happy
    Wow amazing....still never got a reply. Tried to ring and was holding for over 10 mins and eventually got cut off!! I will try again on monday!
    What time sailings are you going on?

Millem wrote: »
    Wow amazing....still never got a reply. Tried to ring and was holding for over 10 mins and eventually got cut off!! I will try again on monday!
    What time sailings are you going on?

Tuesday 4th September 8.05 out and Friday 7th 20.15 return from Holyhead back in Dublin around 23.30

maybe ask for another quote @ https://www.irishferries.com/ie-en/holidays/britain-holidays/drayton-manor/requestaquote/

i requested one on Thursday and had a response back in a few hours,

There also 25% off on sailings at the minute which might have helped price

how u do milliam?

booked today very happy

Got my quote....€551 inc theme pack tickets.
    Staying in quality inn.
    Hotels look fairly grim tbh!! Wish you could opt for drayton manor hotel!!! Or Lea Marston :(

I have requested a new quote with cabin on sailings and no theme park tickets :)

Advertisement