Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice - Which accounting qualification?

Options
  • 27-07-2018 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I graduated from ATI last year so now I want to continue my study. It wont be until 2019 for personal reasons but I want to get as much information on my options as possible.

There are so many options to choose from but I’m so confused as there is so much information.

I’ve narrowed it down to either CPA or ACA

Can anyone give me further info on these, pro cons, exemptions, cost etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sunnyclare

holepunch wrote: »
    I graduated from ATI last year so now I want to continue my study. It wont be until 2019 for personal reasons but I want to get as much information on my options as possible.

There are so many options to choose from but I’m so confused as there is so much information.

When in 2019 you would like to join?
    If ACA you will have to wait till October next year!(Thats the information I have, please correct me if I am wrong)
    CPA you can join in before that and take exams in April or in August.
    May be you should get the exemptions checked with both the ACA and CPA.

Only Pros with both the qualification.

Fee structure is in the website, it depends on what exemptions you have and at what stage you will start.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Whiteladder

holepunch wrote: »

It might be worth looking a the ecollege.ie website as they used to offer CPA and ACCA courses online which would allow you the flexibility to start whenever suits. If you are currently a jobseeker they are also free.

Advertisement