Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beating the hose ban

• 27-07-2018 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

Would filling a watering can from the sink be considered excessive water usuage ? I have a 10 litre watering can and desperately need to wash my cars...
    Nosey neighbours gonna make objections to that? Haven't seen anyone wash their cars in my estate for weeks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

The ban is surprisingly literal. You CAN fill a watering can from the sink, yes.
    Just don't use a hose.
    Also, car washes in garages are still operating.

BTW, a ban on beating the hose is a shocking thought altogether! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

I was thinking of buying one of the pressure sprayers, the ones you pump, and use it to rinse the car after washing, but rained heavy here in Galway yesterday so that washed of alot of the dust:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Stupid hose pipe ban, do people actually leave them running while washing cars?

I use the hose with a shut off nozzle to wet then rinse. I'd say a 1/4 of a bucket at most. Yet as many buckets as I like from the tap is fine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

I use optimum No Rinse, I love it so much!

Leaves a nice uniform finish/shine, is good at lubricating the surface, drying feels more gentle on the paint as it's more viscous than foamy shampoo/water.

I get 5/10+ washes from one 10L bucket/30ml, it encapsulates dirt, read up before you make a judgement.

Seriously I f..... love it, 15 minutes and my wheels, bodywork and glass is washed and dried. Power washer I use when the exterior is dirty and needs power.

Works as clay lube, glass cleaner, additive in a steam cleaner and probably other uses I forget.

https://www.detailingcosmetics.com/washes/

I was skeptical until i tried it, Dara from the above site gave me some to try out.

Ultima waterless wash is also very good, but dosent have as nice a finish as ONR.

Advertisement