Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations of best Irish cheeses?

Options
  • 27-07-2018 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Greetings! Apologies in advance if this is not the correct category to place my thread!

I’m planning to open a store in my country which would sell imported cheeses from all over the world, which would include Ireland as well! During my research, I stumbled upon this map of various European cheeses:

scontent.fzag2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/34161689_381623715653688_5142948523477565440_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=6d0da42da6c3fdd7e6d029bd1f96c950&oe=5BA81520

I’d like to know whether these Irish cheeses that are shown accurately represent the best cheeses from Ireland? If not, I would be more than glad to hear suggestions of other top Irish cheeses.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Coolea extra mature.
    My favorite Irish cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Highly recommend Cooleeny soft cheese

Also Hegarty's farmhouse cheddar is a very good example of the style.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

We could be here all day. OP, you're never going to get consensus on which are the best Irish cheeses as a) there are so many amazing cheeses produced here and b) it's so subjective/personal.

But my 2c it's Coolea :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Crozier Blue by Cashel Blue. Delicious blue sheep's cheese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Love Bellingham Blue as well. I’m the blue cheese monster.

Gubeen.

Ardrahan.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭twignme

Ardsallagh goat's cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Smoked Gubeen. There's just no argument, sorry, it's best Irish cheese there is.

Shenshen wrote: »
    There's just no argument, sorry, .

Wanna bet??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

In France at the moment, where every visit to the supermarket includes a cheese smelling session. Love a good rancid cheese.

Any Irish cheeses smell like stinky socks but taste devine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Shenshen wrote: »
    Smoked Gubeen. There's just no argument, sorry, it's best Irish cheese there is.

Strong winner here.

Although a porter cheese might be worth stocking for novelty... and it's damn tasty too!

https://www.cheese.com/cahills-irish-porter-cheddar/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 marcus_kincaid

Thank you all for your answers! I'll be sure to check them out :)

Advertisement