Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@ eir reps - FUP and caps

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Dcully wrote: »
    Since eir: Kyle seems to be very active , maybe he can look into this for me/us?
    I have gone through the process of getting rid of FUP , i have been told on the day and when i rang back a few days later to confirm that this is the case but still nothing in writing or on my eir page to confirm this.
    This is going on for months and nobody in here truely knows if we are indeed now on totally unlimited until we force ourselves over the cap to see if eir charge us, crazy situation for sure.

Well I have on a pm from eir Sarah that my fup has totally been removed from my account and from a phone call so I have that as backup. She basically changed me over to a different package for €49.95 unlimited and no new contract

Goes to show u why u need to have unlimited broadband these days. Bought the new call of duty this morning for the kids and before u play u have to download a massive 55gb update to play it.hope it's downloaded by this evening lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah in this day and age its silly having a cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

You are already posting on Social Media :pac::pac::pac:

Also making "demands" wont get you a response, you are not in position to demand anything, perhaps being polite and PMing the reps they may give you answer you require. :rolleyes:
    FourFourFM wrote: »
    I demand answers or I’ll be forced to go to social media

• Registered Users Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Also making "demands" wont get you a response, you are not in position to demand anything, perhaps being polite and PMing the reps they may give you answer you require. :rolleyes:

Go suck on a lemon son!

EDIT: Thanks to Kyle (Eir Rep) who PM’d me. Restart of the router and my Mac solved the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

FourFourFM wrote: »

Go suck on a lemon son!

EDIT: Thanks to Kyle (Eir Rep) who PM’d me. Restart of the router and my Mac solved the issue.
    More than welcome FourFourFM

-Kyle

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I would also like to commend eir: Kyle , he PMed me directly looking for clarification about my issue.
    When i informed him of thew scenario he got back to me very promply to confirm i have the FUP removed from my account.

Fair play to him, he seems to be really shaking up this board.

I never have anything positive to say about eir but kudos where its due Kyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Dcully wrote: »
    I would also like to commend eir: Kyle , he PMed me directly looking for clarification about my issue.
    When i informed him of thew scenario he got back to me very promply to confirm i have the FUP removed from my account.

Fair play to him, he seems to be really shaking up this board.

I never have anything positive to say about eir but kudos where its due Kyle.
    Thank you so much Dcully

Really appreciate it

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭danny004

Well done Eir on the fast response time to thank people for thanking you shows at least the thread is still being read ,Now maybe if we could bring the thread back on point on some definitive guidance ,clarification and confirmation once instigated on how the rest of us on mass can remove the FUP.

My circumstance is Im on the most expensive FTTC package with an additional mobile phone package six months into an 18 month contract and this is after completing a previous contract. 

I dont want  Eir TV which is a significantly lesser product than Sky TV. So whats left for me to upgrade to so as to trigger the removal of the FUP

danny004 wrote: »
    Well done Eir on the fast response time to thank people for thanking you shows at least the thread is still being read ,Now maybe if we could bring the thread back on point on some definitive guidance ,clarification and confirmation once instigated on how the rest of us on mass can remove the FUP.

My circumstance is Im on the most expensive FTTC package with an additional mobile phone package six months into an 18 month contract and this is after completing a previous contract. 

I dont want  Eir TV which is a significantly lesser product than Sky TV. So whats left for me to upgrade to so as to trigger the removal of the FUP
    Also thanks to eir Sarah for sorting my fup problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Buttros

Just rang there. A long (30 mins +) wait but once i got speaking to someone it was all very straight forward, quick and easy. 

And to Echo some of the comments above. Thanks to Tracey for helping me out with the issues from last month. 

Now i can download that update to Halo MCC :)

Buttros wrote: »
    Just rang there. A long (30 mins +) wait but once i got speaking to someone it was all very straight forward, quick and easy. 

And to Echo some of the comments above. Thanks to Tracey for helping me out with the issues from last month. 

Now i can download that update to Halo MCC :)

Haha I was the same with a big ps4 update at start or month and now a huge 55gb call of duty update b4 u play it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

FUP is driving our house nuts on eirs quickest 1000mbs package, can i get it removed? 

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

All this talk about the CAP being removed or not has me paranoid to the point where I will have to ask a rep to verify my cap has been removed.....

PM on the way :-)

Advertisement