Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@ eir reps - FUP and caps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Dcully wrote: »
    Have you experience with them ? would be great to hear from some of their customers.
    Are they totally unlimited?

Just looking at my eir page to see if anything changed and noticed usage for September has gone up to 920GB since being 890GB yesterday yet we are in October and i would not have used that in a single day without any downloads , what a joke.
    Is this the eir 2 days behind syndrome rearing its ugly head?

Airwire totally unlimited on FTTH. Only heard good things about them on boards. I’ll be switching to them shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Have you experience with them ? would be great to hear from some of their customers.

Just looking at my eir page to see if anything changed and noticed usage for September has gone up to 920GB since being 890GB yesterday yet we are in October and i would not have used that in a single day without any downloads ,  what a joke.

Airwire totally unlimited on FTTH. Only heard good things about them on boards. I’ll be switching to them shortly.
    Yes same here, I've only head good things too. Because they are a much smaller company when you contact customer support you get to talk to someone much higher up the chain in the company, someone who can actually make changes and not just read a script. The only possible problem I can see whith them is if they expand too fast as they may not have the resorces for a large customer base. But if it's more a slow steady expenation then I can see airwire being the best company to be with for the foreseeable future. 

Duclly, can you see usage on the historical stats page now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I’m still waiting for answers

FourFourFM wrote: »
    I’m still waiting for answers
    We all are :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

tuxy wrote: »

Just looking at my eir page to see if anything changed and noticed usage for September has gone up to 920GB since being 890GB yesterday yet we are in October and i would not have used that in a single day without any downloads ,  what a joke.

Yes same here, I've only head good things too. Because they are a much smaller company when you contact customer support you get to talk to someone much higher up the chain in the company, someone who can actually make changes and not just read a script. The only possible problem I can see whith them is if they expand too fast as they may not have the resorces for a large customer base. But if it's more a slow steady expenation then I can see airwire being the best company to be with for the foreseeable future. 

Yeah stats showing up there now :(
    Airwire is looking very tempting but im only interested in 12 month contract max as ive been burned so many times stuck in crap contracts.
    Its €100 installation fee for 12 month contract then €50 pm.

• Advertisement

Yeah stats showing up there now :(
    Airwire is looking very tempting but im only interested in 12 month contract max as ive been burned so many times stuck in crap contracts.
    Its €100 installation fee for 12 month contract then €50 pm.

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi Dcully,

Yes I 'll check this out and get back to you shortly.

Thanks,

Sarah
    Almost a week and nothing , as i asked earlier what does shortly mean to eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

oh im god im losing the will to live with these.rang monday morning to see if they would remove my fup and said yeah no problem.what did she do?she put me on the same contract im already on with the fup applied.on the phone now again to try get truly unlimited broadband so have to change my package to 49.95 euro,50 mins on the phone to get this sorted.got changed over takes 24hrs and no downtime and can download all i want hopefully

So nothing from the reps on here so i decided to endure having to ring customer care again to see if my FUP was removed and got to talk to a decent guy who said yes the FUP was removed.
    Ive nothing in writing as of yet but he assured me it was done on the 27th ie the day i rang last week so fingers crossed.

Seems to be luck of the draw who picks up the phone to talk to you.

No offence eir reps but all you seem to do is tell people to ring customer care , i fail to see your value on here.

So nothing from the reps on here so i decided to endure having to ring customer care again to see if my FUP was removed and got to talk to a decent guy who said yes the FUP was removed.
    Ive nothing in writing as of yet but he assured me it was done on the 27th ie the day i rang last week so fingers crossed.

Seems to be luck of the draw who picks up the phone to talk to you.

No offence eir reps but all you seem to do is tell people to ring customer care , i fail to see your value on here.
    well i was promised mine was removed too and it wasnt.i rang back after 3 days and girl i was just talking to said it was not removed that i was put back on the same bundle again so id check back in few days just to make sure

• Advertisement

When were you promised? was it when you rang to get FUP removed or on another occasion afterwards?

I have rang back today for it to be confirmed,, i hear ya but no way im ringing them again,, im going to make sure i go over the limit and if they try anything ill cancel my DD and move elsewhere as im out of contract anyways.

When were you promised? was it when you rang to get FUP removed or on another occasion afterwards?

I have rang back today for it to be confirmed,, i hear ya but no way im ringing them again,, im going to make sure i go over the limit and if they try anything ill cancel my DD and move elsewhere as im out of contract anyways.
    promised while i spoke to her she said it was removed.when i checked usage nothing had changed so had no chioice to ring back.had call already recorded for proof with her saying it was removed so told her her name and everything.confirmed she put me on contract i was already on ffs

promised while i spoke to her she said it was removed.when i checked usage nothing had changed so had no chioice to ring back.had call already recorded for proof with her saying it was removed so told her her name and everything.confirmed she put me on contract i was already on ffs
    So when they actually remove the FUP you can no longer see usage stats on myEir page? So there is a way to tell if it's gone?

So when they actually remove the FUP you can no longer see usage stats on myEir page? So there is a way to tell if it's gone?
    i think so but im open to correction on that

Usage stats are still there on my eir so no way of telling apart from the guys word ,, not ideal is it.

My understanding was that all your stats would still be logged so there was no way that you could know for sure. But I could be wrong and I doubt the Eir reps will tell us.

My understanding was that all your stats would still be logged so there was no way that you could know for sure. But I could be wrong and I doubt the Eir reps will tell us.
    has to be a way to tell

has to be a way to tell
    Yes there is, go over the cap and see if they charge you extra. 

has to be a way to tell
    Yes there is, go over the cap and see if they charge you extra. 
    im on my eir now.where is this im looking at my bill now on the dashboard

"View historical usage"

Just off to the right of the screen under the name of the package you're on.

• Advertisement

"View historical usage"

Just off to the right of the screen under the name of the package you're on.
    in historical usage now cant see anything like that just a graph

So for total downloads this month it is showing 0?
    That Graph is usually 2 days behind but it's the 4th so there should be some usage shown. 

You may be the first person on here that has actually managed to get the FUP removed. 

So for total downloads this month it is showing 0?
    That Graph is usually 2 days behind but it's the 4th so there should be some usage shown. 

You may be the first person on here that has actually managed to get the FUP removed. 

My graph is showing the 3rd and already used 90gb

Yeah that's the problem, that's exactly how it looks for everyone regardless of if they have a FUP or not. There really is no way of telling. 

Yeah that's the problem, that's exactly how it looks for everyone regardless of if they have a FUP or not. There really is no way of telling. 

Surely a rep can tell us this

They can but can we believe them?

Surely a rep can tell us this
    I was told Thursday by a rep they would be back to me shortly , still nothing lol.

It took the OP 6 weeks to get answers to a few basic questions, these things take time :P

Since eir: Kyle seems to be very active , maybe he can look into this for me/us?
    I have gone through the process of getting rid of FUP , i have been told on the day and when i rang back a few days later to confirm that this is the case but still nothing in writing or on my eir page to confirm this.
    This is going on for months and nobody in here truely knows if we are indeed now on totally unlimited until we force ourselves over the cap to see if eir charge us, crazy situation for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I demand answers or I’ll be forced to go to social media

Advertisement