Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@ eir reps - FUP and caps

Options
  • 27-07-2018 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Hi Eir reps ,

As a long standing customer I ( and other long standing customers ) have just learned that caps will not apply to new Fibre customers but existing customers will be screwed if they go over the allowance .

I have a few questions for you -

1 , Can an existing customer change to one of the unlimited plans (with no cap ) ? ( my contract is only two months old )

2, Will the cap be removed for existing customers ? If not , why not ?

3, How accurate is the download meter ?

4, The download stats reset at the start of the month but my billing cycle starts in the middle of the month . Which date does the download allowance go by ?

5, If the download allowance resets at the billing date how can the cap be legally enforced if there is no way of tracking your usage ?

Thanks , 

An unhappy customer of many years .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

ninja 12 wrote: »
    Hi Eir reps ,

As a long standing customer I ( and other long standing customers ) have just learned that caps will not apply to new Fibre customers but existing customers will be screwed if they go over the allowance .

1 , Can an existing customer change to one of the unlimited plans (with no cap ) ? ( my contract is only two months old )

3, How accurate is the download meter ?

4, The download stats reset at the start of the month but my billing cycle starts in the middle of the month . Which date does the download allowance go by ?

5, If the download allowance resets at the billing date how can the cap be legally enforced if there is no way of tracking your usage ?

Thanks , 

An unhappy customer of many years .
    Hi there ninja 12

Thank you for getting in touch with us here.

As our plans are always subject to change and would not have all the answers to your questions but I will send all your questions onto the relevant team and get back to you once I get a response.

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

@eir reps,

Any answers yet ?

Anybody from eir able to answer my questions yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Anybody from eir able to answer my questions yet ?
    Hi ninja 12 ,

This has been forwarded on to the relevant department and we are awaiting an update from them, I'm sorry for the delay.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi ninja 12 ,

This has been forwarded on to the relevant department and we are awaiting an update from them, I'm sorry for the delay.

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks

• Advertisement

Still waiting for some answers …………………..

Hi ninja 12,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I have been advised that there is no cap when recording.

In relation to the recording stopping halfway through, If you send on the details of the time, date and the programme we can have this investigated further. I can confirm there has been no reported outages.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi ninja 12,

In relation to the recording stopping halfway through, If you send on the details of the time, date and the programme we can have this investigated further. I can confirm there has been no reported outages.

Thanks

Thomas
    I think you're mixing me up with someone else re, recording .

Hi ninja 12,

Thanks

Thomas
    [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Still waiting for some answers …………………..[/font]

The reply you gave above about recordings is for someone else .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I would like to get an answer to this as well.
    Poor form that existing customers are being treated differently.

• Advertisement

Hi All,

I'm very sorry about the message that was sent in error.

This is still being investigated and I can assure you I will update you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Thomas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭RGB LDN

Hi All,

This is still being investigated and I can assure you I will update you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Thomas
    I hope this "investigating" goes somewhere. The leaflet you's gave me for the old FTTH plans say "absolutely no usage limits".
    Ehhh... 1TB is indeed a usage limit. I just wish we as consumers wouldn't have to keep fighting just to be treated right, not lied to & be mis-sold products. How can the word Unlimited have two different meanings to you's? What are eir doing with the money they get from these overages anyway, because they bailed on the nationwide fibre project...

And please don't respond with a generic "We're still looking into this" Thomas. We may be Irish, but the "It'll be grand" approach only works for so long...

RGB LDN wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thanks

Thomas
    I hope this "investigating" goes somewhere. The leaflet you's gave me for the old FTTH plans say "absolutely no usage limits".
    Ehhh... 1TB is indeed a usage limit. I just wish we as consumers wouldn't have to keep fighting just to be treated right, not lied to & be mis-sold products. How can the word Unlimited have two different meanings to you's? What are eir doing with the money they get from these overages anyway, because they bailed on the nationwide fibre project...

And please don't respond with a generic "We're still looking into this" Thomas. We may be Irish, but the "It'll be grand" approach only works for so long...
    Well ,
    I've been waiting for three weeks do far for clarification ,

Don't hold your breath . 

Any updates? Three weeks for a response is completely unacceptable. 4K Netflix & YouTube over summer can use up to 60GB per day, especially on rainy days... 

well... any updates?

@ eir reps ,

is there any update ?

Are you waiting on a carrier snail to deliver the response from "the relevant department " ?

Does "the relevant department " even exist within eir ? , or are you hoping customer queries will just fade away and disappear ?

For a supposedly modern communication company I find the lack of proper response pathetic .

:mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I would like to an answer on this also please, my contract expires in 2 weeks, there is no way im sticking around and be shafted.
    Im over 10 years with eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MFZ

Hi Eir reps ,

1 , Can an existing customer change to one of the unlimited plans (with no cap ) ?

+1

Can we please just get a response? This is honestly just rude at this point

This thread isn't just going to disappear eir... 

• Advertisement

Nearly 4 weeks since I first posted .

Still waiting for some simple answers .........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

"4, The download stats reset at the start of the month but my billing cycle starts in the middle of the month . Which date does the download allowance go by ?"

I had the same issue as above and asked Eir to change my billing cycle to match the download reset date so now my bill matches my usage meter i.e they both reset at the start of the month.....I've since heard that they say they can't do this anymore but if they were able to do it for me??? Plus I would be very mindful of them trying to use this as a reason to renew your contract duration....all of this still doesn't excuse the fact that while the usage on the My Eir app shows my running total for the month,beside this figure is the word "unlimited"......yeah...unlimited as long as you don't go above 1TB.

So theres "Unlimited" (actually means < than 1TB) for existing customers and then "We Really Mean Unlimited" for new customers???

D.

Decoda wrote: »
    "4, The download stats reset at the start of the month but my billing cycle starts in the middle of the month . Which date does the download allowance go by ?"

I had the same issue as above and asked Eir to change my billing cycle to match the download reset date so now my bill matches my usage meter i.e they both reset at the start of the month.....I've since heard that they say they can't do this anymore but if they were able to do it for me??? Plus I would be very mindful of them trying to use this as a reason to renew your contract duration....all of this still doesn't excuse the fact that while the usage on the My Eir app shows my running total for the month,beside this figure is the word "unlimited"......yeah...unlimited as long as you don't go above 1TB.

So theres "Unlimited" (actually means < than 1TB) for existing customers and then "We Really Mean Unlimited" for new customers???

D.
    The usage tracker is often two days behind the actual date as well .

I just looked at mine and it was last updated on the 25th , it's now the 27th .

How can a penalty be legally enforced if a customer has no accurate way of knowing exactly how much data has been used ?

Well ,

Good morning EIR Reps .

Another week is just beginning .

Will this week pass by without any meaningful update or reply to the questions I asked A MONTH AGO ?

I originally posted on July 27th , it's now August 27th and no sign of any reply or update .

Can you at least admit that your company doesn't care about it's customers , and that you will ignore your customer queries ?

Thanks ( not really expecting much of a reply )

Seriously eir!? This thread isn't just going to disappear; own your shady "fair usage policy" and make this right for us.

I can see why eir senior management are reviewing their customer service agreement with an Indian company. They really need to up their game. I'd like to see all customer service being brought back to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I can see why eir senior management are reviewing their customer service agreement with an Indian company. They really need to up their game. I'd like to see all customer service being brought back to Ireland.
    I think you only get the Indian Rep when using the chat online feature. It's Irish reps both here and when you call.
    I'm now back with eir again after being with vodafone for years. Last time I was with Eir the reps on here were good and would frequently call me to give updates. Now you get worse service on here than calling direct. The chat online with the Indian office gave me incorrect information recently so I won't be trying that again.

Anyway, can we get an answer to the originally posters questions. Are the questions really so complex that it would take a month to find the answers?

I stopped using the online chat service because it was in India.
    Ringing in this age is a dead duck. Who has the time to ring and be on hold for ages.

At least with this online forum you can leave a message and come back to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I stopped using the online chat service because it was in India.
    Ringing in this age is a dead duck. Who has the time to ring and be on hold for ages.

At least with this online forum you can leave a message and come back to it.
    I'm trying to sort something out now. I just got through to an Indian man, which would be ok except the line quality was not good enough to hold a conversation. This actually happened about a month ago also with the same terrible line quality. Usually it's the Irish office I get but maybe it goes to India when they are busy. I'd rater be told to ring back later than get someone where I can only hear every second word they say. 

Advertisement