Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@ eir reps - FUP and caps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

AM interested in this also, as said the thread won't die. 

We need clarification

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭jos22

also interest

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

+1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Still nothing from 

eir: Tracey
    eir: Sarah
    eir: Thomas
    eir: Kyle

great job as always guys

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

And another day begins .

Will this be the day we get some answers ?

We can only hope ......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

How about another message on how they are looking into it?
    That might keep us happy for another month or two.

How high up the chain to they have to go in search of these simple questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Why do boards allow forums to continue when all reps do is say PM me your details and we'll get back to you then ignore?

If i started a new thread asking for a call back to sign up they'd respond.

Well going by this thread that wont be happening! Lost a new customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Dcully wrote: »
    Still nothing from 

great job as always guys
    I'm convinced they're actually trained to stall people rather than help.

Dcully wrote: »
    Still nothing from 

great job as always guys
    I'm convinced they're actually trained to stall people rather than help.
    I'm convinced communication between departments is forbidden (funny how communications companies tend to be the worst at communicating)
    The reps on her probably have sent the question to a different department but know there is very little chance of receiving an answer.  

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I actually dont blame te reps themselves, its eir and their damn procedures but who else can we blame?

• Advertisement

Doesn't look like there'll be any answers today , despite eir:Tracy replying to other topics today .....

What really pisses me off is that a new neighbour moved in nearby recently and only got fibre installed today .

THEY HAVE NO DOWNLOAD LIMIT , but because I got mine installed in May , I DO .

How can eir justify this to existing customers ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭jos22

ninja 12 wrote: »
    Doesn't look like there'll be any answers today , despite eir:Tracy replying to other topics today .....

What really pisses me off is that a new neighbour moved in nearby recently and only got fibre installed today .

and when you view your account online to view your usage it says
    Broadband
    eir Fibre 545.236 GB / Unlimited. even tho it is limited, same here got efibre installed in may

And for me when I go into "View historical usage" it says DSL Stats.
    I have a fibre optic line coming into my house, how can I be getting DSL over FTTH?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

All start PMing the reps together until an proper response is gotten...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi all, 

I understand your frustrations here and I'm sorry it's taking us so long to come back to you all with a response, however, I am still waiting on a clear response and answer to all the questions you have asked. 

This is being investigated and as soon as I have this, I will come back to you all. 

Apologies for the long delays incurred. 

Thanks

Tracey

Hi all, 

I understand your frustrations here and I'm sorry it's taking us so long to come back to you all with a response, however, I am still waiting on a clear response and answer to all the questions you have asked. 

This is being investigated and as soon as I have this, I will come back to you all. 

Apologies for the long delays incurred. 

Thanks

Tracey

Hi Tracey .

Thank for the reply but its the same response as before .

No further news .

Surely it would be in eir's interest and their customers to have the same terms for all customers - no download limit .

There is absolutely no justification for penalising current and existing loyal customers .

I refer to my last post above ,
    My neighbour got fibre installed and have no download limits , but I , as an eir customer of decades have an unrealistic download limit applied to my FTTH service .

If I had known that the download limit was going to be removed for new contracts , I would have waited with my install .

As it stands , if the situation stays as it currently is , I am unlikely to remain a customer of eir when my contract is up for renewal .

No doubt many feel the same .

I'm sure you can understand the justifiable frustration and anger from existing customers .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

If you're unhappy with eir's service, change provider to someone else. The reps on here clearly can't do anything about it - if you look back it's been the same for years. The problem is at a higher level and only way eir are going to get the message is if people stop giving them money.

If you're unhappy with eir's service, change provider to someone else. The reps on here clearly can't do anything about it - if you look back it's been the same for years. The problem is at a higher level and only way eir are going to get the message is if people stop giving them money.

Signed a 12 month contract in May .

If the situation hasn't changed with eir when my contract is up , I'll be shopping around .

As it stands , if the situation stays as it currently is , I am unlikely to remain a customer of eir when my contract is up for renewal .
    You won't be staying with Eir after 12 months regardless as the price increases dramatically after that time.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭RGB LDN

tuxy wrote: »

You won't be staying with Eir after 12 months regardless as the price increases dramatically after that time.  
    Same same, Digiweb it is (who have assured me that if you go over 1TB/mo, you won't be charged extra)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

This could be an issue for me. I am currently paying €53 p/m and not sure if the price will automatically go up once my contract ends in a few months. I have no interest in their phone or eir vision boxes as it is sub par compared to fta options.

This could be an issue for me. I am currently paying €53 p/m and not sure if the price will automatically go up once my contract ends in a few months. I have no interest in their phone or eir vision boxes as it is sub par compared to fta options.
    Your contract does not end it just automatically switches to one month rollover. If it's a FTTH product it will switch to whatever rate was in place at the time you signed up. There has been many different offers that get progressively more expensive the longer you are with eir with the maximum price normally set once 12 months are up.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Rant alert

As both my children are home all day for the holidays my usage has been higher than normal....as the month progressed I figured I would be cutting it close to the 1tb figure so dialled back on anything that I could....nest cameras to low res.....sky q downloads to sd....

it became a daily habit of logging in to ensure that we were not going to breach our "unlimited" but in reality limited broadband cap.....only to find that for the past 3 days i can't access my usage stats...all I get is an error message.... using my phone, tablet etc.....the last total I was able to access was 960gb.....this 3 days before the end of the usage period....

Eir...first of all....how can your customers try and stay under our "unlimited" usage when we can't access the running total..and second of all....why should I when my neighbour paying the exact same as me but who signed up recently is actually getting unlimited broadband.....so as the month of August is over can you tell me did I breach my "unlimited" 1tb? Am i going to be liable for additional charges even though i had no way of knowing if i was under or over.....

Rant over....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

@eir reps
    Is it possible to renew your contract early and avail of the unlimited cap?

Decoda wrote: »
    it became a daily habit of logging in to ensure that we were not going to breach our "unlimited" but in reality limited broadband cap.....only to find that for the past 3 days i can't access my usage stats...all I get is an error message.... using my phone, tablet etc.....the last total I was able to access was 960gb.....this 3 days before the end of the usage period....
    Also , on the front page of your account when you log in , where it says "Data usage " gives a different figure compared to when you click on "usage stats " , as well as the fact that the chart with usage is often a couple of days behind , especially at weekends .

None of which is working for me today .

With fibre download speeds it is essential to have no download limit or a tracker that works .

Vodafone can give me up to the minute live data usage stats on my mobile phone account , but eir's tracker is never less than 24 hours out of date .

Basically the usage tracker provided by eir is useless and unfit for purpose .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭RGB LDN

Decoda wrote: »
    Also , on the front page of your account when you log in , where it says "Data usage " gives a different figure compared to when you click on "usage stats " , as well as the fact that the chart with usage is often a couple of days behind .

None of which is working for me today .

Basically the usage tracker provided by eir is useless and unfit for purpose .
    Such a stubborn company... The only thing I could think of is that if they changed the data allowance from 1024GB to Unlimited that could be considered a T&C's change which would let us leave our contracts early? And they know that people would be leaving in droves if that was the case

And another week starts ……….

Will there be any communication and answers from this mysterious " relevant department " or will eir just succeed in annoying even more customers with their lack of communication ?

Any guesses ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

Interested in this as well
    5 pages and no answers is shocking customer service

naughto wrote: »
    Interested in this as well
    5 pages and no answers is shocking customer service
    Indeed ,

Surely somebody in eir has the answers to what I thought were simple enough questions .

• Advertisement

Has the usage stats from my eir disappeared for anyone else?
    It makes this more a pressing issue if it has.  

Advertisement