Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@ eir reps - FUP and caps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

tuxy wrote: »
    Has the usage stats from my eir disappeared for anyone else?
    It makes this more a pressing issue if it has.  
    Working for me in internet explorer and Microsoft edge browsers .

Although the front page of my account lists data usage for last month , only when I click on "historical usage " do I see this month's usage .

It shows data usage up to the 2nd of September so it's still a day behind .

At weekends it can be 2 or three days behind .

It's a disgrace and unacceptable to expect customers to keep track of data usage with no accurate means to do so . 

As expected , yesterday passed by without any answers from eir …………

Maybe today is the day ???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Still no answer?

Dcully wrote: »
    Still no answer?
    Maybe the eir reps are starting to put us all on their "ignore " list :D

I started this topic on the 27th of July ………...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

40 days 40 nights now ninja 12, it's starting to get biblical!

• Advertisement

40 days 40 nights now ninja 12, it's starting to get biblical!
    Haha ,

Maybe we need divine intervention regarding eir and their lack of communication ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

Iam surprised they haven’t locked the thread

naughto wrote: »
    Shhh , don't give them any ideas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Just to say, I'm sure I'm not alone in following this thread despite not being an eir customer.

I won't be switching to them either, if this thread is representative of their Customer Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

How the hell can eir call this service?

Shockingly bad. I was thinking of getting eir, if this is the level of service for a simple question, No thanks eir... I will look for someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

ninja 12 wrote: »
    Hi Eir reps ,

As a long standing customer I ( and other long standing customers ) have just learned that caps will not apply to new Fibre customers but existing customers will be screwed if they go over the allowance .

I have a few questions for you -

1 , Can an existing customer change to one of the unlimited plans (with no cap ) ? ( my contract is only two months old )

No you cannot , you signed a contract now honor it .

2, Will the cap be removed for existing customers ? If not , why not ?

See answer to question 1 .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

UsedToWait wrote: »

Just to say, I'm sure I'm not alone in following this thread despite not being an eir customer.

I won't be switching to them either, if this thread is representative of their Customer Service.

It definitely is representative of their customer service. Having dealt with them through boards, social media, email, and phone, the only reasonable conclusion is they're like this by design - it's obvious the reps aren't allowed to actually do anything, they're here to provide the illusion of doing something.

Well ,

No reply from the eir reps so far this week , not even the usual "we're waiting to hear from the relevant department " response .

There hasn't been a response since 29th August .

Maybe today is the day ???

My contract is up in 3 days, still nothing from eir, what a bunch of jokers.

Yet another week nears it's end  ………..

The wait for an update and answers continues …………

Worst company in history no doubt.
    No joy in here from so called reps, i spent 2 hours sitting waiting to speak to a rep to cancel my contract and each time i get in queue im cut off, no doubt a deliberate ploy from these bunch of jokers.
    Also spent 50 mins waiting in online chat and same story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

I just got my bill with a whopping €75 extra for 1.2TB or .2TB above FUP. Thought there was an issue so onto Tech who checked an no, 1.2 TB is correct.

I'm just off the phone to Customer Care who have moved me to unlimited (no FUP) immediately. That's good news. Asked for a refund on €75 over-charge but told no. If I hadn't called they'd have continued to screw me sideways! But why oh why treat existing customers like this? I was told if I added an additional 12mths to my contract, they'd knock €20 off per month. No can do. Will be reviewing my options come February regardless.

I just got my bill with a whopping €75 extra for 1.2TB or .2TB above FUP. Thought there was an issue so onto Tech who checked an no, 1.2 TB is correct.

I'm just off the phone to Customer Care who have moved me to unlimited (no FUP) immediately. That's good news. Asked for a refund on €75 over-charge but told no. If I hadn't called they'd have continued to screw me sideways! But why oh why treat existing customers like this? I was told if I added an additional 12mths to my contract, they'd knock €20 off per month. No can do. Will be reviewing my options come February regardless.
    It's an absolute disgrace that long standing current customers get shafted like this .

As I said in an earlier post , I have the 1TB limit on my account but my new neighbour who got fibre installed 6 weeks after me has no limit . 

How can you reliably keep track anyway ??

Below is a screenshot from 5 minutes ago of my usage this month .

460579.jpg

Today is the 7th but the usage tracker only goes as far as the 6th , so it's at least 24 hours out of date .

At weekends / bank holidays it's at least 48 hours out of date .

How is a penalty legally enforceable if you can't reliably see how much data you've downloaded ???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

So are people having to ring up to get unlimited? It really is a bit of a mess at this stage.

Tried ringing all moring get put in a queue and then suddenly hear that ive got through ,hear all the support people chatter in background them im instantly cut off .  fcuking joke

• Advertisement

Eventually got through, the guy said he can do nothing and said he will put me through to loyalty team only to get cut off yet again.
    Never dealt with a more infuriating business/company in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Forgot to mention. Press whatever button for "if you'd like to cancel your account".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Still waiting for an update on this eir.

At this rate my contract will be up (next May ) before there's any meaningful update

I missed this bit earlier -

I'm just off the phone to Customer Care who have moved me to unlimited (no FUP) immediately.
    Did they offer to move you or did you have to ask ?

What extra terms and conditions are there ?

Keep the existing contract length ?

Spent the day trying to talk to someone about this issue, got to speak to a guy for 2 mins before pawning me off to another department to be cut off yet again.
    F U C K OFF EIR I HAVE ENOUGH !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

No joy in here from so called reps, i spent 2 hours sitting waiting to speak to a rep to cancel my contract 
    The easiest and quickest way to cancel your contract is to sign up with a different provider.

Is my.eir.ie down again? Do they disable it every weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭jos22

rang today about a different issue, got through to message saying my estimated call wait is 20 mins so I hung up.
    the chatbox on the website should be removed. all you is some people in India, which wont answer any questions without first asking for you name dob address email mobile and account number. which then tell you to call 1901 and to give them 10/10 on the survey then they end the chat session. 

No joy in here from so called reps, i spent 2 hours sitting waiting to speak to a rep to cancel my contract 
    The easiest and quickest way to cancel your contract is to sign up with a different provider.

Is my.eir.ie down again? Do they disable it every weekend?
    Yep first thing Monday morning bye bye eir forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭jos22

when you spoke to them, did you have to tell them to those who sign up to unlimited broadband today actually get unlimited broadband
    and you want to get what you paid for, or did they offer to move you over after the compliant

Advertisement