Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@ eir reps - FUP and caps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

ninja 12 wrote: »
    I missed this bit earlier -

I'm just off the phone to Customer Care who have moved me to unlimited (no FUP) immediately.
    Did they offer to move you or did you have to ask ?

What extra terms and conditions are there ?

Keep the existing contract length ?
    DMed @eircare on Twitter.
    No extra T&C's.
    Contract length unchanged.

jos22 wrote: »
    I just got my bill with a whopping €75 extra for 1.2TB or .2TB above FUP. Thought there was an issue so onto Tech who checked an no, 1.2 TB is correct.

I'm just off the phone to Customer Care who have moved me to unlimited (no FUP) immediately. That's good news. Asked for a refund on €75 over-charge but told no. If I hadn't called they'd have continued to screw me sideways! But why oh why treat existing customers like this? I was told if I added an additional 12mths to my contract, they'd knock €20 off per month. No can do. Will be reviewing my options come February regardless.
    when you spoke to them, did you have to tell them to those who sign up to unlimited broadband today actually get unlimited broadband
    and you want to get what you paid for, or did they offer to move you over after the compliant
    I just said I spoke to @eircare on Twitter and I want actual unlimited just like new customers. Told no problem and received email confirmation while I was still on the phone. No joy on a refund for the additional €75 for 200GB overage which will, of course, influence my decision come contract expiry in Feb-2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I wonder if the reps have just forgotten to update this thread.

Perhaps each customer seeking clarification on the issue should start their own thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

UsedToWait wrote: »
    I wonder if the reps have just forgotten to update this thread.

Perhaps each customer seeking clarification on the issue should start their own thread?
    Just done this. interested to see if they'll respond to my thread...

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

I'm just off the phone to Customer Care who have moved me to unlimited (no FUP) immediately.

No extra T&C's.
    I just got my bill with a whopping €75 extra for 1.2TB or .2TB above FUP. Thought there was an issue so onto Tech who checked an no, 1.2 TB is correct.

I'm just off the phone to Customer Care who have moved me to unlimited (no FUP) immediately. That's good news. Asked for a refund on €75 over-charge but told no. If I hadn't called they'd have continued to screw me sideways! But why oh why treat existing customers like this? I was told if I added an additional 12mths to my contract, they'd knock €20 off per month. No can do. Will be reviewing my options come February regardless.
    when you spoke to them, did you have to tell them to those who sign up to unlimited broadband today actually get unlimited broadband
    and you want to get what you paid for, or did they offer to move you over after the compliant
    I just said I spoke to @eircare on Twitter and I want actual unlimited just like new customers. Told no problem and received email confirmation while I was still on the phone. No joy on a refund for the additional €75 for 200GB overage which will, of course, influence my decision come contract expiry in Feb-2019.

So why were the eir reps based here on Boards.ie not able to clarify this ?

What's the point in having reps here on Boards if they're not actually going to help or answer questions from their customers ?

I don't use twitter/facebook .

I don't like ringing eir as I find it hard to understand the accent in the call centre I end up being put through to .

• Advertisement

No extra T&C's.

So why were the eir reps based here on Boards.ie not able to clarify this ?

What's the point in having reps here on Boards if they're not actually going to help or answer questions from their customers ?

I don't use twitter/facebook .

I don't like ringing eir as I find it hard to understand the accent in the call centre I end up being put through to .
    I was told that this "offer" or "concession" was only introduced last week. 

I was told that this "offer" or "concession" was only introduced last week. 

Thanks .

It's so new that the reps here don't know about it yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭jos22

must try ring again Monday  to ask for the cap to be removed,  why eir can't just auto move everyone over is beyond me.
    I remember when I had UPC and was on their top speed package. anytime they updated I just got a text message to say as an existing customer we had move you from 12mb to 30mb. etc

must try ring again Monday  to ask for the cap to be removed,  why eir can't just auto move everyone over is beyond me.
    I remember when I had UPC and was on their top speed package. anytime they updated I just got a text message to say as an existing customer we had move you from 12mb to 30mb. etc
    Yeah ,

You'd think they would have just removed the cap for everyone at the same time .

This would have both helped keep their existing customers happy and have been a selling point to entice new customers .

All eir have done is piss off existing customers and convinced some not to renew their contracts .

The lack of communication / clarity from the eir reps about this issue here is abysmal .

Went to check my usage out of curiosity ………..

Nothing to view , no link to historical usage ,   just an icon of a router with
    • [font=GT Walsheim Bold,sans-serif]Broadband[/font]
    • [font=GT Walsheim Regular,sans-serif]eir Fibre Extreme 300Mb[/font]
    written underneath .

So I can't see how much data has been used ……..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭shinobi2600

I've messaged eircare on twitter to query about changing to the new contract/T&C's. Will update here on what I get back.

Really struggling to stay under the 1TB every month. I've just got the Nest security camera as well and the video backing up to the cloud uses 400 GB a month alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Buttros

What is the charge. I went over 1TB in August. Wondering now if I'll be charged.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Buttros wrote: »
    What is the charge. I went over 1TB in August. Wondering now if I'll be charged.
    Thanks
    [font=proxima-nova-soft, sans-serif]€2.50(inc. VAT) for every 10 GB up to maximum of €100(Inc.VAT) per month[/font]

I've messaged eircare on twitter to query about changing to the new contract/T&C's. Will update here on what I get back.

Really struggling to stay under the 1TB every month. I've just got the Nest security camera as well and the video backing up to the cloud uses 400 GB a month alone.

Was told to call 1901 so will do that on Monday and report back on what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Very interested in seeing how this plays out. I have 4k Netflix along with Xbox one X which has huge updates for games weekly and YouTube which uses huge amounts of data too.

I have come close several times already and it's only a matter of time until I exceed the allowance.

Nothing fair about a 1TB fair usage policy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

@ jaykay2 ive never gone close to the cap maybe 700 GB at most but i want to get 4K Netflix.
    I bought a lovely 4K TV back in December and yet to utilize 4k properly as im still on HD netflix for fear of going over the cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Dcully wrote: »
    @ jaykay2 ive never gone close to the cap maybe 700 GB at most but i want to get 4K Netflix.
    I bought a lovely 4K TV back in December and yet to utilize 4k properly as im still on HD netflix for fear of going over the cap.

I have come very close before. For example, there was a patch for The Master Chief Collection on Xbox a couple weeks ago that was over 70 gigs. Then last week alone there was the Battlefield beta that was around 10 and similar for destiny 2.

Netflix automatically plays at the highest quality (as we want it to) but that takes up huge amounts of data when you are binging. We don't watch TV and only stream all our content so between Xbox, Netflix and YouTube we are using huge amounts.

We might not be typical of Eir's home users as of now, but this is the way we are all heading. 4k TV's are becoming the norm and anyone who buys a new TV over the next while will be getting one. Combine that with 4k YouTube which is built into TV's too and more and more homes will be similar to mine.

Eir need to get out in front of this now before people leave to find an actual unlimited cap or at least one with a fair FUP. Personally, I will be leaving as a result of this at the earliest opportunity, and we are big eir customers with broadband and 2 mobile phones and even a sub to their TV package (which we don't watch). That's a lot of money that will go elsewhere specifically because of this "FUP". - Rant over...

right, i'm on the new contract now and no longer have a FUP applied.

I rang 1901, option 5, then 1. That gets you through to the upgrade/moving/cancellations team. Tell them you want to change contract and need to speak to the loyalty team (There is no direct option to get to them).

In my particular case I added a second mobile to my account there a month ago, apparently when I did this and restarted my contract I was automatically put on a new one with no FUP. So if anyone else has renewed contracts recently they should be on the new plan but you can ring up to confirm.

If you haven't renewed recently, you can request renewal and switching to the new contract type which has no FUP.

Best of luck all!

right, i'm on the new contract now and no longer have a FUP applied.

I rang 1901, option 5, then 1. That gets you through to the upgrade/moving/cancellations team. Tell them you want to change contract and need to speak to the loyalty team (There is no direct option to get to them).

In my particular case I added a second mobile to my account there a month ago, apparently when I did this and restarted my contract I was automatically put on a new one with no FUP. So if anyone else has renewed contracts recently they should be on the new plan but you can ring up to confirm.

If you haven't renewed recently, you can request renewal and switching to the new contract type which has no FUP.

Best of luck all!
    wander how this applies if your 3 months into your current contract

wander how this applies if your 3 months into your current contract

It shouldn't matter. I was already under contract when I added my phone and it renewed again.

No reason at all why eir wouldn't renew it again for anyone. It locks the person in for longer which is good for them. They get money out of you for a longer guaranteed period and you get better terms with no FUP.

• Advertisement

Sky still only €30 per month with no silly cap ,thats hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

It shouldn't matter. I was already under contract when I added my phone and it renewed again.

No reason at all why eir wouldn't renew it again for anyone. It locks the person in for longer which is good for them. They get money out of you for a longer guaranteed period and you get better terms with no FUP.

Did you just add phone to your regular broadband?

person I got through to, had heard nothing about the no new FUP contracts, then checked with someone else and said they couldn't do anything.
    and if I wanted to change they would be cancellation fee in order to change over to new contract with no FUP

so then I explaining that if i am be bill from 26th of one month to the 25th of the next month. and online tracker is from the first of the month to end of the month there is no way for me to keep track of how much bandwith limited is left in my "unlimited" broadband. to which he replied that he was unaware of this and he looked into it which point the call got dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭kenny111

i just tried to renew my contact but their system insisted that i add a mobile (am eir sim only) i agreed to do that which would add about 2euro per month to my bill but their system had the price at 110.99 even though their website had it at 89.99 when i clicked on existing customer option.  I was told that if i did the order online it would go through.  Anyone got experience of this going ok or would i have loss of service?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gerard1970

Saw this on the eir site...

Note 5 (page 6)

Where customer usage exceeds the specified monthly download/upload limit appropriate to the customer's chosen level, the company reserves the right to charge the customer for the excess use or to request the customer to select a more appropriate level. In the event of a customer refusing or neglecting to select an appropriate level, eir may upon due notice terminate the provision of the facility to the customer. The additional charge for excess usage is €2.03 per GB (€1.65 ex. VAT) up to a maximum of €24.40 (inc. VAT) per month. For those customers who signed up prior to 25th July 2018, eir Fibre packages with unlimited usage are subject to a Fair Usage policy of 1TB per month; usage in excess of 1TB will be charged at €2.50 (inc. VAT) for every 10 GB up to maximum of €100 (inc. VAT) per month. This is not applicable to customers who sign up on or after 25th July 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Eir reps ,

As a long standing customer I ( and other long standing customers ) have just learned that caps will not apply to new Fibre customers but existing customers will be screwed if they go over the allowance .

I have a few questions for you -

1 , Can an existing customer change to one of the unlimited plans (with no cap ) ? ( my contract is only two months old )

2, Will the cap be removed for existing customers ? If not , why not ?

3, How accurate is the download meter ?

4, The download stats reset at the start of the month but my billing cycle starts in the middle of the month . Which date does the download allowance go by ?

5, If the download allowance resets at the billing date how can the cap be legally enforced if there is no way of tracking your usage ?

Thanks , 

An unhappy customer of many years .
    Hi Everyone,

My sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you all as we have been awaiting feedback and confirmation from senior management before updating you further. Although we had known that eir was aiming to offer the unlimited allowance to all our customers, we could not confirm this until relevant testing had been carried out in order to identify the most efficient way to process these requests.

The best way to implement this change over has now been established and our existing customers can now avail of the unlimited plan, however, systematically it is not as straightforward as removing the cap but the exact process to follow will be dependent on your existing plan.

Our customer care team on 1901 have been fully briefed on this and will now be processing the relevant changes upon your request. It is important to note that this is not an automatic change over therefore you will need to request this via 1901. Our representatives will address any queries you may have and also brief you on the exact procedure. Again the procedure to follow will be dependent on your existing plan.

In relation to the download allowance, our support team have confirmed that the meter is 100% accurate. The download allowance also re-sets on the 1st of every month, therefore, the date of your billing cycle is irrelevant.

Apologies again for all delays and thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Tracey 

What about those of us recently out of contract, same applies?
    Thanks for the update , while it took long enough i understand your hands were tied.
    Ive been burned by eir so many times im not sure i can bring myself to stick with them especially considering sky offer me the same thing for €30 per month and only locked into contract for 12 months.

Hi Eir reps ,

As a long standing customer I ( and other long standing customers ) have just learned that caps will not apply to new Fibre customers but existing customers will be screwed if they go over the allowance .

I have a few questions for you -

1 , Can an existing customer change to one of the unlimited plans (with no cap ) ? ( my contract is only two months old )

2, Will the cap be removed for existing customers ? If not , why not ?

3, How accurate is the download meter ?

4, The download stats reset at the start of the month but my billing cycle starts in the middle of the month . Which date does the download allowance go by ?

5, If the download allowance resets at the billing date how can the cap be legally enforced if there is no way of tracking your usage ?

Thanks , 

An unhappy customer of many years .
    Hi Everyone,

My sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you all as we have been awaiting feedback and confirmation from senior management before updating you further. Although we had known that eir was aiming to offer the unlimited allowance to all our customers, we could not confirm this until relevant testing had been carried out in order to identify the most efficient way to process these requests.

The best way to implement this change over has now been established and our existing customers can now avail of the unlimited plan, however, systematically it is not as straightforward as removing the cap but the exact process to follow will be dependent on your existing plan.

Our customer care team on 1901 have been fully briefed on this and will now be processing the relevant changes upon your request. It is important to note that this is not an automatic change over therefore you will need to request this via 1901. Our representatives will address any queries you may have and also brief you on the exact procedure. Again the procedure to follow will be dependent on your existing plan.

In relation to the download allowance, our support team have confirmed that the meter is 100% accurate. The download allowance also re-sets on the 1st of every month, therefore, the date of your billing cycle is irrelevant.

Apologies again for all delays and thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Tracey 
    is it from today the staff have being briefed, as when I rang Monday I was told there was nothing they could do,  other than cancel existing contract incurring a fee and stating a new contract

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

The best way to implement the change is to change it for all customers. No amount of spin and obfuscation is going to change the fact that the cap is a blatant attempt to overcharge customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Tracey,

Just spent 14 minutes waiting after dialing 1901 only for the customer rep to say that there is nothing that can be done for the removal of the cap for existing customers. The only way for my cap to be removed is for me to change packages and start a new 18 month contract. The customer rep is not aware of any changes allowing existing customers to avail of a totally unlimited broadband service without creating a new contract.

Can you clarify what changes are proposed for existing customers and if a new contract is required?

Regards

Decoda 

Advertisement