Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@ eir reps - FUP and caps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

Decoda wrote: »
    Tracey,

Just spent 14 minutes waiting after dialing 1901 only for the customer rep to say that there is nothing that can be done for the removal of the cap for existing customers. The only way for my cap to be removed is for me to change packages and start a new 18 month contract. The customer rep is not aware of any changes allowing existing customers to avail of a totally unlimited broadband service without creating a new contract.

Can you clarify what changes are proposed for existing customers and if a new contract is required?

Regards

Decoda 
    I knew this would happen, I only recently signed up to a renewal for another 12 months and I was informed last night that a cap still exists on my account even though new customers who signed up at the same time I renewed got no cap.
    I was about to move 2 mobiles over to eir from vodafone but I think at this point I will stay with vodafone and also move from eir when this new contract is up. I feel I was cheated by Eir on this so I cannot trust this company as it treats its existing customers like 2nd class citizens 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Maybe we just have to wait a bit longer as it takes 6 weeks for info to pass from ond Eir department to another.

tuxy wrote: »
    Maybe we just have to wait a bit longer as it takes 6 weeks for info to pass from ond Eir department to another.
    Just giving this a bump as the Eir reps seem to be missing this thread today

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Between yesterday and today I've called 3 times and waited over 35 minutes in total for all 3 EIR reps to say that they have not been informed of any changes to their packages and that existing customers cannot avail of the cap free service unless they sign up to a new package and new contract. 2 out of the 3 said that it would be an 18 month contract with the last saying it would only be a 12 month contract.

I've now created a twitter account (still don't know how to use it mind.....:p ) and direct messaged EIR to see if I can find out more. They've acknowledged the DM and gone away to see if they can get a definitive answer.   

Decoda

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Between yesterday and today I've called 3 times and waited over 35 minutes in total for all 3 EIR reps to say that they have not been informed of any changes to their packages and that existing customers cannot avail of the cap free service unless they sign up to a new package and new contract. 2 out of the 3 said that it would be an 18 month contract with the last saying it would only be a 12 month contract.

I've now created a twitter account (still don't know how to use it mind.....:p ) and direct messaged EIR to see if I can find out more. They've acknowledged the DM and gone away to see if they can get a definitive answer.   

Decoda
    Fair play. Keep us informed. Selfishly I am waiting to see how others are getting on before I dedicate a flipping hour on the phone on hold with Eir...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Buttros

Same... waiting to see someone successfully change before I ring and wait and try again. Surely an email instruction should be more than sufficient

Our customer care team on 1901 have been fully briefed on this and will now be processing the relevant changes upon your request. 

Tracey 
    Sorry Tracey but this is incorrect, calling 1901 will not get customers in contact with a representative that has been briefed on this matter. Can you please advise on how we should proceed. 

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Hi Everyone,

My sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you all as we have been awaiting feedback and confirmation from senior management before updating you further. Although we had known that eir was aiming to offer the unlimited allowance to all our customers, we could not confirm this until relevant testing had been carried out in order to identify the most efficient way to process these requests.

The best way to implement this change over has now been established and our existing customers can now avail of the unlimited plan, however, systematically it is not as straightforward as removing the cap but the exact process to follow will be dependent on your existing plan.

Our customer care team on 1901 have been fully briefed on this and will now be processing the relevant changes upon your request. It is important to note that this is not an automatic change over therefore you will need to request this via 1901. Our representatives will address any queries you may have and also brief you on the exact procedure. Again the procedure to follow will be dependent on your existing plan.

In relation to the download allowance, our support team have confirmed that the meter is 100% accurate. The download allowance also re-sets on the 1st of every month, therefore, the date of your billing cycle is irrelevant.

Apologies again for all delays and thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Tracey 

Hi Tracey ,

Thanks for the update .

Surely it would make more sense to just scrap the data cap for all customers ?

Is there a particular department we're meant to ask for when ringing 1901 ?

It looks like a few people have tried since you replied but have not gotten anywhere .

Making current customers jump through hoops while taking time out from their busy days to try and get through to an agent who might or might not be able to assist with this is not an example of good customer service .

I'll try and ring 1901 myself later or tomorrow and see what happens , I was away and could not try earlier .

In relation to the download allowance, our support team have confirmed that the meter is 100% accurate. The download allowance also re-sets on the 1st of every month, therefore, the date of your billing cycle is irrelevant.

Thanks

Tracey 
    How can the download meter be classed as 100% accurate when it's a day or two behind , especially at bank holidays ?

ninja 12 wrote: »

Thanks

Tracey 
    How can the download meter be classed as 100% accurate when it's a day or two behind , especially at bank holidays ?
    Exactly, and also when the usage meter doesn't line up with your billing cycle. It's very hard to keep track of. If they are going to have a crazy FUP like this, at least allow us to sync our meter with out billing period. Madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Update

No reply via my newly created twitter account....just being ignored for 2 days and counting. Called 1901 today and after only 12 minutes on hold was told again that they have no knowledge of any change to existing customers cap on unlimited blah blah blah...... 

Update

No reply via my newly created twitter account....just being ignored for 2 days and counting. Called 1901 today and after only 12 minutes on hold was told again that they have no knowledge of any change to existing customers cap on unlimited blah blah blah...... 
    Fair play for updating us. This is madness. What on Earth is going on. I have always said, Eir are a great provider until you have a problem, then they are a nightmare to deal with. 

Hopefully someone from Eir can update us in this thread again based on all your work. 

• Registered Users Posts: 24 paul29163

jaykay2 wrote: »
    Fair play for updating us. This is madness. What on Earth is going on. I have always said, Eir are a great provider until you have a problem, then they are a nightmare to deal with. 

Hopefully someone from Eir can update us in this thread again based on all your work. 

Same as Decoda above, I persisted on 1901 and after 25mins I got to update my contact with a no cap (so I was told, I have it recorded as proof)

Wait and see,

Persistence is the key, frustrating though.

Update

It was the same when they started issuing Sky cards to eir customers who had no sky contract but wanted to avail of eir sports using an old sky box .

Took several calls and messages to the eir reps here to sort it .

paul29163 wrote: »

Same as Decoda above, I persisted on 1901 and after 25mins I got to update my contact with a no cap (so I was told, I have it recorded as proof)

Wait and see,

Did you have to change contract or just modify the one you had ?

Trying 1901 myself ,
    listening to crap music for 10 mins so far , got a message about being unusually busy and to expect long wait times .

Well ,
    That was a complete waste of 35 minutes :mad: 

Eventually got through to someone and explained that I wanted to change contract to the unlimited one with no cap .

Was put on hold for 10 minutes while he  "checked contract and talked to manager" .

He came back and said the only way to move to the unlimited contract was to add something to the contract like eir tv or a mobile phone .

I told him I didn't want or need eir tv or a mobile phone with eir and he said there was nothing he could do .

What a joke :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭jos22

Well ,

Eventually got through to someone and explained that I wanted to change contract to the unlimited one with no cap .

Was put on hold for 10 minutes while he  "checked contract and talked to manager" .

He came back and said the only way to move to the unlimited contract was to add something to the contract like eir tv or a mobile phone .

I told him I didn't want or need eir tv or a mobile phone with eir and he said there was nothing he could do .

I was told I could cancel my contract pay a early cancellation fee and then sign up to new contract

• Registered Users Posts: 24 paul29163

Update

It was the same when they started issuing Sky cards to eir customers who had no sky contract but wanted to avail of eir sports using an old sky box .

Took several calls and messages to the eir reps here to sort it .

Wait and see,

Did you have to change contract or just modify the one you had ?

Trying 1901 myself ,
    listening to crap music for 10 mins so far , got a message about being unusually busy and to expect long wait times .
    I was only 2 months into a new contract (FTTH added after mucho hoop jumping and PERSITENCE) when talking to the Sales rep on 1901 I was advised to add a 30 day sim to my contract (extra €10), contract was amended for this with Cap removed also. Extra tenner I know but HOPEFULLY no need to worry now about the cap and the dreaded €100 excess, which I endured for last 2 months.

I will update if this CAP is actually removed as I only have this verbally from the rep. but I did record the convo and got her to state that there was no cap.

I was only 2 months into a new contract (FTTH added after mucho hoop jumping and PERSITENCE) when talking to the Sales rep on 1901 I was advised to add a 30 day sim to my contract (extra €10), contract was amended for this with Cap removed also. Extra tenner I know but HOPEFULLY no need to worry now about the cap and the dreaded €100 excess, which I endured for last 2 months.

I will update if this CAP is actually removed as I only have this verbally from the rep. but I did record the convo and got her to state that there was no cap.
    Absolutely disgraceful if eir are expecting customers to add mobiles to their contracts to remove the cap .

It's already expensive enough .

There is no way I'm adding a mobile to mine , the only usable signal in my house is Vodafone .

The last time an eir engineer came to my house (with an eir company phone/tablet ) he had to drive 500 metres down the road to get a signal .

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

If you recorded this rep without their knowledge or consent, then the recording will not hold weight from under new GDPR regulations but also under single party consent rules.

@eir reps ,

Any comments / info about my experience with trying to move to an unlimited plan ?

Well ,

• Advertisement

Hi Just as a follow up, 
    I added a mobile to the sim 30 day plan on sat as it is actually a great offer based on what Vodafone are offering and I rang the loyalty team this afternoon who modified my contract to remove the cap. 
    This is a win win for me so thanks to Sanita in the loyalty team.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭kenny111

i tried last week and was told i had to add a mobile to my contract, is this correct?  i am out of contract next week.

@eir reps ,

Any comments / info about my experience with trying to move to an unlimited plan ?

Well ,

@eir reps ,

Well ,

Yeah, I really want an update from Eir on this. I don't have the time for the usual run around on the phone with them.  Have a major update for the Xbox that I have been putting off because of these crazy download cap.

Would be nice if we could at least log in to MyEir to see our 2 day old bandwidth usage.
    And it's not just this recent major outage, being unable to login is a reoccurring problem. 

I just tried ringing 1901 .

Eventually got through to a very polite helpful woman , who said that it should be straightforward to move to one of the new uncapped plans , but that the eir systems were still in meltdown and couldn't sort it at the moment .

At least she knew what I wanted and listened .

I'll try later today if eir gets back online or maybe tomorrow …….

Would be nice if we could at least log in to MyEir to see our 2 day old bandwidth usage.
    And it's not just this recent major outage, being unable to login is a reoccurring problem. 
    Yup , can't see usage either .

Three pc's in the house got Windows updates this morning , using some of my precious download allowance …….. :D

I'll have to start rationing it , three teaspoons of water megabytes of data a day each :D

I'd install my own enterprise level router to keep track of my own usage. But no that leaves me without VOIP as customer service can't figure out how to give you their VOIP settings for use on a 3rd party router.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

I'd install my own enterprise level router to keep track of my own usage. But no that leaves me without VOIP as customer service can't figure out how to give you their VOIP settings for use on a 3rd party router.

Customers service agents are generally not technically trained, even if they were it is unlikely they would give support on a 3rd party product as they could potentially be held responsible if it went wrong.

• Advertisement

Thanks

Tracey 

So ,

This is how the 100% accurate download meter looks today .

Today is the 20th and the usage monitor hasn't been updated since the 18th .

Yes , I am aware that eir have been having issues , but as a customer that's not my problem .

What is my problem though , is that eir do not have a 100% reliable / accurate way for their customers to monitor their usage ( especially when there is a charge for going over an allowance that's too small )

461736.jpg

Advertisement