Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@ eir reps - FUP and caps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Buttros

My bill is about 80 (140 vs 60)eur more than usual but can't log in via the app to see it itemized. It has to be to do with fup as I used over 1tb last month thinking i was unlimited until I saw this thread. Could be partially to do with special offers expiring but can't log in to find out. Away from home at the moment so can't check on a pc and can't ring customer care. I'll sort it out when I'm home I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

22 Minutes before I got through, mentioned that I would like to remove the FUP Cap from my account...."no problem sir, this will take a couple of minutes to set up and 24 hours to be implemented......" 3 minutes later all done, upgraded to 300mb bundle before I will be downgraded back to my 150mb bundle this time tomorrow. 

She knew all about the procedure and was extremely professional.

Start calling 1901 folks (even though EIR should be implementing it automatically for all existing customers), it looks like Customer Care have finally been informed of the correct procedure......took them long enough.

D. 

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I got another email an hour after the first one.same as previous but higher monthly cost stated.
    Getting concerned now as I thought I'd get a single email initially then another after 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Now that airwire is totally uncapped and offer great customer service what's keeping everyone that's out of contract with Eir?

"I got another email an hour after the first one.same as previous but higher monthly cost stated.
    Getting concerned now as I thought I'd get a single email initially then another after 24 hours."

I got the initial email while I was still on the phone to customer care that confirmed the move to the more expensive bundle, then about 10 minutes later got the second email confirming that my bundle was reverting back to the one that I was on previously.

D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,483 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I was with eir and they are horrendous in every department.
    I had internet problems for nine months and when I moved to vodafone the problem was solved inside a month.
    I told them I would was leaving them and they sent me a new router and charged me for it. They also sent a bill for going over the fair usage download allowance, which never happened, in the last month that I was with them.

I told them I was disputing the bill and got no reply. Suddenly I was receiving letters and phone calls from a debt collector. This was a very short time after the bill had been issued but I had left them and moved to Vodafone.

I'm still getting emails from eir saying my new bill is online but can't login or contact them by phone because my customer number does not exist anymore.

tuxy wrote: »
    Now that airwire is totally uncapped and offer great customer service what's keeping everyone that's out of contract with Eir?

To be honest know is little to nothing about them.might me time to look into them though as I am out of contract.

Been a customer with Eir for nearly a year, no issues with installation or the broadband service. The only issue I've had was trying to get the FUP removed which they finally facilitated. Again they could have made it a lot easier for their customers but no, they had to make it awkward.

Airwires Pro Step 2 (150mb/30mb) seems to be my equivalent bundle with Eir which will cost me €50 per month with a €99 installation / set up fee for existing fibre users. 

http://www.airwire.ie/index.php/products/ruralftth

I'm currently paying €55 a month for the same with Eir and get the EIR sports channels for free. Airwires installation fee means that it would take 20 months to break even and I would lose Eir Sports. By the way Airiwire website states "Connecting the Western Community"....does anyone know if they are geographically restricted to the West or are they nationwide now?

D.

No issue but is this your first time dealing with their so called customer support?

AFAIK airwire are nationwide now. 

Isn't the eir 150/30 package €65.99 after 12 months when your contract is up?
    Airwire has a free install for 18 month contract which may be worth it for better customer support.

If you ask on the broadband forum you will get a good account of which providers offer the best service.

No issue but is this your first time dealing with their so called customer support?

AFAIK airwire are nationwide now. 

Isn't the eir 150/30 package €65.99 after 12 months when your contract is up?
    Airwire has a free install for 18 month contract which may be worth it for better customer support.

If you ask on the broadband forum you will get a good account of which providers offer the best service.

Had a failed install while trying to have FTTH initially but this was handled fairly competently by Customer Service, a new pole was installed at no cost and within the time frame that they had indicated. Their handing of the removal of the FUP was a PR disaster, left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing. Took too long for something so straight forward to be settled. Apart from that I've had no issue with the actual broadband service that EIR have provided me with.

I signed up for an 18 month contract for €55 per month (150/30) and still have 8 months to go so I suppose I'll shop around when it comes to an end. I'd probably be wary of signing up again for an 18 month contract so would have to factor an installation cost into any future move. Nothing against Airwire but if they are nationwide then they need to look at the wording on their home page, to me it still looks like they cater to customers in the West only.

D.

• Advertisement

That's why I was asking people who were out of contract as I know Eir's introductory prices are attractive. 

The install is a KN/OpenEir issue so nothing to do with Eir that provides your internet.

You have had one interaction with customer support for Eir and it was a disaster as you have said, now just think what it's like for people who were unlucky with a few issues and had to contact customer support a number of times.

Agreed on the airwire web page it is badly in need of a make over. But I have head it does not reflect on the actual service they provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

ninja 12 wrote: »
    Hi Eir reps ,

As a long standing customer I ( and other long standing customers ) have just learned that caps will not apply to new Fibre customers but existing customers will be screwed if they go over the allowance .

I have a few questions for you -

1 , Can an existing customer change to one of the unlimited plans (with no cap ) ? ( my contract is only two months old )

2, Will the cap be removed for existing customers ? If not , why not ?

3, How accurate is the download meter ?

4, The download stats reset at the start of the month but my billing cycle starts in the middle of the month . Which date does the download allowance go by ?

5, If the download allowance resets at the billing date how can the cap be legally enforced if there is no way of tracking your usage ?

Thanks , 

An unhappy customer of many years .
    Hi Everyone,

My sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you all as we have been awaiting feedback and confirmation from senior management before updating you further. Although we had known that eir was aiming to offer the unlimited allowance to all our customers, we could not confirm this until relevant testing had been carried out in order to identify the most efficient way to process these requests.

The best way to implement this change over has now been established and our existing customers can now avail of the unlimited plan, however, systematically it is not as straightforward as removing the cap but the exact process to follow will be dependent on your existing plan.

Our customer care team on 1901 have been fully briefed on this and will now be processing the relevant changes upon your request. It is important to note that this is not an automatic change over therefore you will need to request this via 1901. Our representatives will address any queries you may have and also brief you on the exact procedure. Again the procedure to follow will be dependent on your existing plan.

In relation to the download allowance, our support team have confirmed that the meter is 100% accurate. The download allowance also re-sets on the 1st of every month, therefore, the date of your billing cycle is irrelevant.

Apologies again for all delays and thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,
    Can you confirm again that the staff on 1901 are aware of this change as from the follow on posts it looks like they are not. Maybe you have a reference to an internal comms which folks can quote?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭jos22

Dcully wrote: »
    I got another email an hour after the first one.same as previous but higher monthly cost stated.
    Getting concerned now as I thought I'd get a single email initially then another after 24 hours.
    were you under contract when they did this. last time I rang them over a week ago now. they told me That I would have to pay a fee for breaking contract early for any change like that. 

Yes im out of contract but i dont think you have to be.

Im going to stay on a 30 day rolling for now to see what other providers come up with.

So more than 24 hours later and no email since the second email i got an hour after the first one yesterday.
    No reference anywhere that i am now on totally unlimited.
    Can a rep on here maybe check this please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Dcully,

Yes I 'll check this out and get back to you shortly.

Thanks,

Sarah

Thanks Sarah but what is shortly over in eir?
    Im none the wiser after 70 mins on the phone to customer support .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

I'm gonna commit murder over these. Got a bill of €140.cant believe call centers close on a Saturday over here when today should be their busiest. Is there a weekend number to contact as I want to get my usage cap removed

I'm gonna commit murder over these. Got a bill of €140.cant believe call centers close on a Saturday over here when today should be their busiest. Is there a weekend number to contact as I want to get my usage cap removed
    At least you have internet.........
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057915421

Be careful when asking Eir to remove the cap. It requires them moving around your package options and Eir have a long history of overcharging and disconnecting people when doing this.

Be careful when asking Eir to remove the cap. It requires them moving around your package options and Eir have a long history of overcharging and disconnecting people when doing this.
    Oh don't worry I'll be stating everything I have read in this thread. I have bookmarked the most important pages. Was on twitter and guy says I used 1544gb.how in the name of jesus can I use that. It was 953gb this morning at the graph says the 27th which is bill date

• Advertisement

It's not done by bill date it's done on a monthly basis starting on the 1st of every month.
    If you go over you are then billed when your next bill is due. 
    When you log into my Eir does it show any month in the past where the usage is over 1TB?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭Soarer

Oh don't worry I'll be stating everything I have read in this thread. I have bookmarked the most important pages. Was on twitter and guy says I used 1544gb.how in the name of jesus can I use that. It was 953gb this morning at the graph says the 27th which is bill date
    I have a thread started to see how many people have been caught going over their limit for the first time since July. I'm assuming that's you too?

Here's the thread!

Soarer wrote: »
    I have a thread started to see how many people have been caught going over their limit for the first time since July. I'm assuming that's you too?

Here's the thread!

Yes it's me.. Everything was fine untill last and this month and then all of a sudden 300-400 extra gbs been added for reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Hmmm , 

I thought I'd log into the eir site and have a look at my usage now that my cap is gone .

My account dashboard says I'm in credit by €240 :confused: :eek: and my contract date has changed from May 2018-May 2019 to "12 month contract eir Fibre and eir Talk: 24 Sep 2018 - 24 Sep 2019 "

It looks like I might have a long phone call ahead of me on Monday :mad:

So Eir now think they owe you €240, this may have been put in place to offset charges associated with changing package. Expeckt you next bill to be very high but the €240 credit will put it back down close to what it should be.

No matter what they say changing package either upgrading or downgrading will usually put you in a new 12 month contract it's automated so I don't know what customer care can do about it.

This mess is because there is no system in place for the reps to remove the FUA so they have to try doing weird changes to packages as a work around.

The current system suggested for removing the FUA is very messy and I would advise against it unless you want to risk extra charges or loss of service.

The only clean way for Eir to implement a change on FUA is to remove it from their billing system.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

So Eir now think they owe you €240, this may have been put in place to offset charges associated with changing package. Expeckt you next bill to be very high but the €240 credit will put it back down close to what it should be.

No matter what they say changing package either upgrading or downgrading will usually put you in a new 12 month contract it's automated so I don't know what customer care can do about it.

This mess is because there is no system in place for the reps to remove the FUA so they have to try doing weird changes to packages as a work around.

The current system suggested for removing the FUA is very messy and I would advise against it unless you want to risk extra charges or loss of service.

The only clean way for Eir to implement a change on FUA is to remove it from their billing system.
    Yeah ,

I should be about €3.50 in credit , bills are normally cleared before they're due .

I seem to have three broadband packages listed as well :rolleyes: 

Oh well ,

I'll keep an eye on it and see if it sorts itself out on Monday , if not I'll give eir a ring .

I still don't understand how eir don't just remove the cap/FUP from their system , surely it'd be better that the potential of messing their customer's accounts and billing cycles .

Airwire were able to do it , and they use eir's infrastructure .

On a positive note , I have no cap / FUP on my account :D (fingers crossed , hopefully this is not messed up )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

ninja 12 wrote: »
    Yeah ,

I should be about €3.50 in credit , bills are normally cleared before they're due .

I seem to have three broadband packages listed as well :rolleyes: 

Oh well ,

I'll keep an eye on it and see if it sorts itself out on Monday , if not I'll give eir a ring .

I still don't understand how eir don't just remove the cap/FUP from their system , surely it'd be better that the potential of messing their customer's accounts and billing cycles .

Airwire were able to do it , and they use eir's infrastructure .

I believe they cannot because of whatever crappy software system eir have in place for managing customer accounts. Apparently it would require rewriting part of the code to enable things such as removing the cap from accounts and it seems they are not willing to spend any more money on the software.

This has been a monumental PR disaster. Surely someone within eir had the foresight to see this happening yet it appears nothing was done until customers started complaining here. Serious questions need to be asked of whoever is making these decisions.

trying to get through to these now and am on hold already due to high volume of calls at 08:31

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi Dcully,

Yes I 'll check this out and get back to you shortly.

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi Sarah can you get back to me on this please, looking at my eir under bundles it says i have 3 eir fibre ?

Can you confirm i am now on totally unlimited please?

Im also seeing usage being recorded already for this month, why so if im on totally unlimited?

• Advertisement

This seems to be different folks?

[img][/img]18_capture251.png

Advertisement