Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@ eir reps - FUP and caps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Dcully wrote: »
    This seems to be different folks?

<a href=18_capture251.png" />
    looks like no fup on your account now 

Girl I spoke to was very nice and actually sorted all my queries including removing fup. Says it takes a day or 2 to update but definitely on totally unlimited.took the liberty to record the call myself just to make sure

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Girl I spoke to was very nice and actually sorted all my queries including removing fup. Says it takes a day or 2 to update but definitely on totally unlimited.took the liberty to record the call myself just to make sure
    Ive often wanted to record calls what is the best way if you dont mind me asking?

Ive often wanted to record calls what is the best way if you dont mind me asking?
    i just downloaded call recorder app this morning b4 i rang from android store and has worked brilliant.23 mins of a fully recorded call saved for future problems.even got the girl to confirm every single detail so i have all the proof i need now if they mess things up

Great thanks, terrible we have to go to such extremes though.

• Advertisement

Great thanks, terrible we have to go to such extremes though.
    have to cover ur back with this crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭Soarer

Don't think your should be doing that under GDPR.

I think you're right to do so mind.

Soarer wrote: »

They do it to me so I can do it to them to make sure they don't mess up my account

They do it to me so I can do it to them to make sure they don't mess up my account
    They tell you beforehand.

Had a look at my usage for the first time ever just now.

June and July were relatively high @ 556 & 748GB respectively.
    August is a freak. There's no way I used nearly 1.5TB!
    September back down to where I'd normally expect to see things @ 335GB.

But there's no way it can be questioned.

• Advertisement

That happened me too.i was told I used 1558gb when I usually use around 800.they couldn't give me a answer of course

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

They tell you beforehand.
    Maybe alanhiggyno1  told them beforehand and if their recording is missing how can they say he did not. LOL

That happened me too.i was told I used 1558gb when I usually use around 800.they couldn't give me a answer of course
    Seems to be a lot of people like us.

Saying i used 900GB last month yet the most ive ever used was 590GB back in May, no way in hell we have used anymore  than normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Looks like the start of a new month to me. Remember Eir stats are up to 2 dats behind

Btw the last two days are processes all at once my usage jumped 160GB overnight. It's accurate as I have used that the last few days but this explains some big jump in usage at the end of the month

tuxy wrote: »

Looks like the start of a new month to me. Remember Eir stats are up to 2 dats behind
    On the mainpage its saying 0.368 GB / Unlimited but once i go into view historical usage i get the above with 0/00 etc.

tuxy wrote: »

On the mainpage its saying 0.368 GB / Unlimited but once i go into view historical usage i get the above with 0/00 etc.
    Mine says 573.45 GB on the main page and and all all 0s on the historical usage.
    Normal for the start of the month, everything is way out of sync. 

Bah there was me getting hopes up that i was now infact on totally unlimited.

Bah there was me getting hopes up that i was now infact on totally unlimited.
    Well you may be, afaik Eir has not enabled any way for users if they have a 1tb cap or not
    You just have to take their word for it. 

• Advertisement

I know, crazy scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Yogi2bites

Hey all..

So I cannot post URLs as a new user....strange...

According to eir .ie "/"support"/"billing"/"usage-allowance"/" then select "My broadband usage allowance"....

"eir Fibre (Unlimited) and eir Fibre Extreme packages are subject to a fair usage policy of 1TB (1,000GB) per month. 
    Usage in excess if this is subject to a charge of €2.50 for every 10 GB up to a maximum of €100 per month (values inclusive of VAT).
    This charging is not applicable to new or updated eir Fibre packages ordered after July 25th 2018. Existing eir Fibre customers may request to update their package, subject to current terms and conditions, by contacting our web chat team"

I in a chat with Akshay currently....it not going to well!!!!

{update} - Akshay couldn't help me...directed me to 1901
    He said "I understand your concern, but you have to terminate your contract and then start a new contract to avail unlimited broadband services."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭jos22

Yogi2bites wrote: »
    Hey all..

So I cannot post URLs as a new user....strange...

According to eir .ie "/"support"/"billing"/"usage-allowance"/" then select "My broadband usage allowance"....

"eir Fibre (Unlimited) and eir Fibre Extreme packages are subject to a fair usage policy of 1TB (1,000GB) per month. 
    Usage in excess if this is subject to a charge of €2.50 for every 10 GB up to a maximum of €100 per month (values inclusive of VAT).
    This charging is not applicable to new or updated eir Fibre packages ordered after July 25th 2018. Existing eir Fibre customers may request to update their package, subject to current terms and conditions, by contacting our web chat team"

I in a chat with Akshay currently....it not going to well!!!!

{update} - Akshay couldn't help me...directed me to 1901
    He said "I understand your concern, but you have to terminate your contract and then start a new contract to avail unlimited broadband services."
    that chat client is pointless. staff on it are worse that useless. all they do is ask you to confirm all your details followed by I am sorry you need to call 1901. then they ask you to give them a good review on a follow up survey . this  happens no matter what you ask them.

They fixed my VOIP by re-sending the settings to my router
    So if it's something that can be fixed by pressing one button they can help.
    But for anything outside of the most basic of requests they can't help. 

I know, crazy scenario.
    Do you think you will ever use more than 1TB in a month? It's the only way to find out.

Maybe winter months when my 2 teens are on netflix/youtube and i binge watch stuff with the wife ,other than that i would of thought no but according to eir i hit 900GB this month, closest ive come to that previously was 590GB.

Part of me is asking myself why have i not gone to sky since im now out of contract, but i had major hassle with them before and i fear the same, they made 2 accounts and charged me double and took months to sort out.

Maybe winter months when my 2 teens are on netflix/youtube and i binge watch stuff with the wife ,other than that i would of thought no but according to eir i hit 900GB this month, closest ive come to that previously was 590GB.

Part of me is asking myself why have i not gone to sky since im now out of contract, but i had major hassle with them before and i fear the same, they made 2 accounts and charged me double and took months to sort out.

Don't go near sky anyway had nothing but trouble with them

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Too late for me. Eir customer service is a complete waste of time and energy. Only effort they put in is cancellations, trying to keep you when it's too late. No-one has any idea there where they get their broadband usage figures from. They can't tell you which days, what times etc. How they are allowed to charge for a service that they obviously can't stand over is a stain on Comreg and any shred of respectability they may have had.
    BB and 1 mobile, with another mobile on the way going next month. I'll have a look at Sky and Airwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Switch to Airwire or Digiweb for proper customer service/customer care.

• Advertisement

Peppa Cig wrote: »

Switch to Airwire or Digiweb for proper customer service/customer care.
    Have you experience with them ? would be great to hear from some of their customers.
    Are they totally unlimited?

Just looking at my eir page to see if anything changed and noticed usage for September has gone up to 920GB since being 890GB yesterday yet we are in October and i would not have used that in a single day without any downloads , what a joke.
    Is this the eir 2 days behind syndrome rearing its ugly head?

Advertisement