Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian TV

• 27-07-2018 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭

I know there is a thread on Masterchef and Love Island but does anyone watch any other OZ programmes?

I love The Block, House Rules, MKR and Gogglebox - we seem to watch more Australian tv than our own! Think I need to get a Barbie :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I've yet to watch The Block but have heard very good things about it. Is it on TV over here?

MKR is addictive. The Chefs Line is excellent.

Australian survivor is not so bad either.

They really do know how to do a good job although my only criticism is that they string their shows out for too long to get the most for their money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Love the block - never seen it on here. The new season has finished filming - think it comes out the end of August some time. Was watching the Chefs line but can't seem to find any more episodes.

I think the best bit is that the shows go on for weeks - gives me more to watch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

FYI The Block starts today. If you're looking for a great Aussie show to watch, I really recommend this one.
    (It's a long daily series with a lot of episodes, so leaving it too late can make it hard to catch up).

Mr E wrote: »
    FYI The Block starts today. If you're looking for a great Aussie show to watch, I really recommend this one.
    (It's a long daily series with a lot of episodes, so leaving it too late can make it hard to catch up).
    Already have it flagged! Love the block and this season is supposed to be excellent being a 'haunted ' hotel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 zoeyalex87

I use Surfshark which works a treat with SBS on-demand in NZ and Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭norabattie

The block Au and My kitchen rules are back this week. I'm in my element. Love Australian tv shows

Both mixing it up too. Block out in the country, and MKR with Nigella instead of Pete. Both great shows. 🙂

I'm loving Nigella on it. And Pete and the daughter are hilarious. Crack me up. so far so good.

and yeah the block AU out in the country. Can't wait to see what kinda money they go for. Bathroom reveals were fab!!

I only watched the room reveals from Block NZ this week. Not enough hours in the day lol, but Chloe and Ben are doing good.

I've made the executive decision to only watch room reveals from both shows.

Not enough time in the day.

I'm curious about the aussie scandal this week though! 🙂

• Advertisement

Almost finished MKR. The finale is today.

I think I prefer the shorter seasons. Remember a few years ago when it was over 40 episodes long? 😀

Nice to see Gary Mehigan back on TV too. He was my favourite judge from the old Masterchef Australia.

Finished MKR over the weekend. Kinda lost interest when the home rounds were done and just flicked through the last 3 episodes to the tasting sections.

The Amazing Race AU started last week (3 episodes per week) and it's good! It's around the world too.

I thought MKR was too short to be honest. I'd have liked a few more episodes but I was delighted with who won. Loved Gary Meeghan and Matt Preston being on it.

I'm watching all episodes of the block tbf and Yeah The amazing race is very good although I can't keep up with the teams as there are soooo many of them.

3 weeks left in Block AU, and The Block NZ finished yesterday.

The auction was such a tough watch though.

Watch Stacy's face for the whole episode after their auction. She was broken. 😔

oh thanks for the spoiler warning. I had stopped watching it tbh but I'm gonna go watch the finale tonight. yay. also think the Amazing race finale was on at the weekend. Looking forward to tonight :)

Omg the block nz finale. Shocking.

Yeah, tough to watch. So hard for them. Good luck to that show getting contestants for 2023.

General consensus on the FB page etc is that it was just unrealistic for that area.

I'll be slow to watch it next year to be honest. Half the entertainment is seeing the auction and how much they make. Block Au could be tough this year too cos the reserve is gonna be huge on those houses.

On a separate note. The amazing race finale was fantastic. Cried like a baby. Would have loved to have seen paco and mory there at the end , but glad with the winners.

New Aussie show worth checking out - The Traitors.

It's quite like The Mole, but the viewers are in on who the the mole (or Traitors) are in this case. Everyone completes challenges to make money.

In the end, the Faithful (non-traitors) try to figure out who the traitors are and vote to banish them (although they can accidently banish their own). The traitors also choose someone to 'murder', so they can thin out the Faithful.

It's a fun format with very diverse cast of all ages and backgrounds.

3 episodes per week, and the first 3 are out. Episode 4 is today.

• Advertisement

Watched the trailer on AU gogglebox. Looked good all right

Coming to the end of AU block now. Although it looks like none of the houses are even nearly done. The original houses look really out of place with the new part and those awful aeroplane hangar sheds!

oh nice one Mr E. Gonna get on that straight away as I only finished the Mole last night and thought it was fantastic.

The Traitors is fabulous! The format is glorious and so much fun.

People are turning on each other, some are making really stupid mistakes and its completely addictive TV.

I finished the first 6 Traitor episodes.

Episode 6 was the best yet!

Up to date on The Block. Some of the outdoor areas were phenomenal.

Ankur and Sharon were really out of their depth all season. I think they are going to be screwed on their reserve price too.

I'm anxious for the auction. You'd need a serious budget to buy any of these houses.

Auction is next Sunday and I can't flippin' wait.

I know. I hate that they are making us wait till next Sunday ...I torn on the whole Ankur and Sharon thing. Firstly they overspent, constantly whinge etc. But then they've had bad luck with builders too. And Scotty seems to be quite horrible to them at times tbh.

As for the outdoor areas. They are too spread out for my liking but I personally wouldn't have gone for Tom and SJ's. But that's just personal choice.

I'm kinda hoping the boys do really well.

Didn't even finish one whole episode of the traitor yet. Got distracted with other shows . Must try and get back to it. Love island starting soon though lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

I also bawled at the end of TAR, delighted with the winners. Felt very bad for Paco and Mori, they'd done so well up to that point and were great fun.

Well how does everybody feel about the auction? all I can say is wow.

Yeah, "wow" sums it up.

Happy for the winners though. Such a massive difference between top and bottom.

If anyone wants to know more about what happened after, the answer is not much.

I won't post a direct link because it's a finale spoiler but check the news page on the Domain website for more info.

• Advertisement

Definitely deserving winners. Happy for them. But wth happened . I'm still shocked. What about that auction guy? Thought he was gonna sweep the table in every room, and Danny is just a pain in the @rse at this stage tbh

Advertisement