Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian TV

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Loads of 'fixed' comments on the fb page about the lamborghini guy pushing up the price and then pulling out but Danny is a big boy..he's no eejit! He's a gobshite but not an eejit! Also the last house having 3 confirmed buyers and then none of the 3 bidding!

Post edited by stargazer 68 on

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Traitors is almost done. The finale is on Sunday. It will be interesting to see what the endgame is like.

Great season though - thoroughly entertaining.

The Challenge Australia starts next Monday. That should be interesting!

The ending for The Traitors was fun! No fancy mechanics - all down to trust and deception.

It could only have gone the way it did (with the faithful deciding the ending).

For the very end, the loser was so sure that they had won. I'm reminded of when Ralph Wiggum's heart rips in half. You really can see the moment the penny dropped.

Hopefully it comes back for a second season!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭norabattie

Finally finished the first episode last night. So looking forward to getting stuck into it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭pooch90

Really enjoyed the traitors, much better than The Mole. Heart broke at the end though.

Have started The Challenge AU too, seems to be some strong players. Recognise some of them, especially Brooke J from Survivor, she was a powerhouse so hopefully good content to come with her. Cyrell (MAFS) is a dose and just in it for the Gram.

• Advertisement

Just finished The Traitor. what a great show. Gutted at the end and who won tbh. Wasn't a fan. Crocodile tears wrecked my head.

Only watched the first episode of The Challenge so far. and Yes Cyrell is a pain. I don't recognise many of them . Can't remember Brooke at all.

But it's the Challenge so I'll keep watching regardless.

What's next on the list of Au shows to watch ?

Try Kitchen Nightmares Australia. Episode 6 was this week.

Colin Fassnidge is in the Gordon Ramsay position, helping failing restaurants.

If you've seen My Kitchen Rules, you know who he is (and he does a great job).

He's an Irish-Australian chef that still has his Irish-ness!

It's a great version of the show, better than Ramsay's version (who I find more obnoxious than not).

Brooke was just a solid Survivor competitor, not a master strategist or anything. They obviously are filmed in nearby locations in Argentina with the US version because the challenges are the same!

I was glad of who won the Traitors because of what they wanted to do with the cash but I liked the loser better.

BBC are doing a series of The Traitors, starting this week, maybe Tuesday..? Hope it's good.

Ugh... looks like the Aussie one crossed with Jeremy Kyle.

(I'll still check it out) 😂

Looks like it starts tomorrow at 9:30.

• Advertisement

The Block NZ cancelled for 2023..possibly the Block AU also. No surprise there

House Rules however has been taken up for NZ. Always liked House Rules AU so hopefully that goes ahead

Well after the last fiasco probably couldn't get contestants!

Did anyone watch The Bachelor? The whole polygamy story was bananas.

TLDR version - one of the girls was already in a relationship outside the show. She wanted a polygamous relationship (with the bachelor and her boyfriend at the same time). Totally bananas. The boyfriend was featured in the show and there were some heated confrontations. He was a complete tool too. 🙂

No haven't watched it in a few years. But WTAH . That's nuts

Little bump for some Aussie TV appreciation.

The Traitors is 8 episodes into season 2 and is great fun. I'm enjoying it more than season 1. Finale next Sunday.

The Block is a few weeks into Season 19, and it's as great as usual.

My Kitchen Rules (MKR) started back this week for season 13.

On episode 1, just friends? What? 😂😂

Great to have it back.

Watched episode 1. Number 2 later after masterchef and bake off :)

Am enjoying this season of Traitors, some people I would have liked to watch longer. Few that I can't stick-Sam, Roha and initially Annabel, though she grew on me once she teamed up with Luke. Have about 3 episodes left.

Watched Traitors finale last night. Superb ending!! Twitter reaction has been great too. Last few banishments were frustrating to watch though.

The traitors was brilliant this year. Loved the ending . I couldn't believe how stupid they were week on week though. Head wrecking.

As for MKR. Yeah 'friends' lol. It's good. I'm enjoying it as usual. Colin is fab at the restaurants.

the block! ugh. It's ok. I'm disgusted at the bitchiness by one of them. I hope they are cringing every night watching themselves. The houses aren't blowing me away like they used to . and the sisters are starting to get on my nerves a little. But as always I'll keep watching .

• Advertisement

I finished the Traitors last week (I forgot to post here about it).

The ending was fantastic. You could see the heart break in Sam and Blake faces, it was spectacular TV. Blake was almost in tears. It's hard to win the game in that position. Should they have picked a different 3rd? Hard to know.

I think the right team won MKR. Good season overall. No filler too - the home rounds were always the best part. 15 good episodes is better than 50 episodes of padding and endless challenges.

I've kind of dropped off the Block. I'm only watching the Sunday (room reveal) episodes - they include recaps of the previous week so I'm not missing anything.

For Aussie TV fans, Celebrity Amazing Race started last week. The only celebs I knew were George from Survivor AU and Ben Gillies (90s band Silverchair's drummer).

Good fun though!

Definitely best couple won MKR

I'm persevering with the block but there is more drama than actual construction. They are the cleanest contestants ever!

Watching amazing race. Didn't recognise many of them either. Georges sister is a right whiner. I know Grant Dennyer but only from clips on Australian gogglebox

Can we talk about the Block finale? Holy moley!

First auction - they were so upset that they had to go first. That worked out OK, didn't it? What about that lunatic Adrian that jumped from 4m to 5m (did he make a mistake?), and outbid himself TWICE in the second auction?

After the first 2 auctions, I thought we were on track for 5 good ones. How wrong was I?

Third auction was an unmitigated disaster. Spot the agent who won't be back on the Block next year. 😮

Fourth auction was a modest profit, and the fifth was another shocker (passed in, didn't meet reserve).

Bidder Danny still in for unfunny comedic value. His schtick is getting very jaded after all these years.

Best drama in an auction for a few years. Highs and lows. Even if you bailed on The Block early on this year, the auction is definitely worth a watch.

Advertisement