Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall mounted iphone docking station

Options
  • 27-07-2018 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi. I am looking for a wall mounted docking station that has a built in lightening connector. Basically like a normal simple desk top dock but that can be wall mounted (flush to the wall). amazingly, after much googling, I cannot find one. There are many where you plug the cable in and out of the phone, but I want one where the cable is permanently to the holder and you can just lift the phone in or out. There are some that plug directly into a socket but that won't do either.

I just want it to use for a spare iphone 5 to control home automation.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Niall_G wrote: »
    Hi. I am looking for a wall mounted docking station that has a built in lightening connector. Basically like a normal simple desk top dock but that can be wall mounted (flush to the wall). amazingly, after much googling, I cannot find one. There are many where you plug the cable in and out of the phone, but I want one where the cable is permanently to the holder and you can just lift the phone in or out. There are some that plug directly into a socket but that won't do either.

I just want it to use for a spare iphone 5 to control home automation.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

If it’s for home automation, surely it’s gonna be on the wall all the time, so having to plug in cable initially isn’t that big of a deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

dodzy wrote: »
    If it’s for home automation, surely it’s gonna be on the wall all the time, so having to plug in cable initially isn’t that big of a deal?

No, I want to be able to remove to sit down and play music for example.

Advertisement