Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tubular Tape question

Options
  • 27-07-2018 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Sorry if it's a silly question, have a 19mm rim wheel, wanting to re-tape the Tub that came with it (2nd Hand) and I have sourced 19mm tape. My question is as the rim is curved is it still 19mm tape I need or does the tape need to be 21mm to allow for the dip in the rim

Also apart from cleaning the rim surface ( BTW whats the best way of doing this) do I need to do anything with the remaining tape on the tub itself

Again sorry if they are daft questions but I am new to the tubular taping scene

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Go for the 21mm tape.
    How much residue is left on the rim?
    If it's only patchy I would just tape over it. Presuming it's Tufo tape your looking at and it's probably Tufo that's on there already.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rappid

Hi,
    What is your rim width?
    I'm using 19mm Tufo tape for 21mm rims. Everything is perfect.
    My suggestion is to remove remaining old tape and put new one.
    Regards, Seb.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭wellboss

rappid wrote: »
    Hi,
    What is your rim width?
    I'm using 19mm Tufo tape for 21mm rims. Everything is perfect.
    My suggestion is to remove remaining old tape and put new one.
    Regards, Seb.

Cheers Guys

19mm rim width,

How do you remove the old tape from the tubular? any hacks, not much on the rim really, just like after pulling a sticker off something, will be easy enough to get it off id imagine

If i was to use the 21 is there potential for overhang or is that taken up my the curve of the rim

Advertisement