Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2018, July 27, Stage 19: Lourdes > Laruns

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Amador seems to be dropping back from the breakaway to help Landa

Poels has some amount of bouncebackability

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

odyssey06 wrote: »
    When (Irish time) approximately should we expect the finish?

earliest estimate is 4:32, latest 5:11.

https://www.letour.fr/en/stage-19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Poels has some amount of bouncebackability

Up the front now, he must have some pace on him to go up and down the climbs like that!

DominoDub wrote: »
    Backing the Green ....come on Peter Sagan :(

Hope he makes the time cut today.

update from Guardian text coverage...:) Demare is in that group too, should be more good news.
    Sagan watch: Goodish news for the Slovak. He’s now part of a group of 19 riders in a grupetto shelled out of the back of the yellow jersey group. If he can stay with them, or they can organise themselves to stay together and finish together, you’d have to say there’s a very good chance the race organisers won’t kick them out of the race even if they do finish outside the time limit. As well as being final, their decisions are also discretionary. And let’s face it, they owe Sagan one after kicking him off the race rather unfairly last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

This is a dumb question I am sure... But to win the green jersey, you need to make it to Paris?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

mloc123 wrote: »
    This is a dumb question I am sure... But to win the green jersey, you need to make it to Paris?

yeah

mloc123 wrote: »

correct on all fronts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Isn't the scenery glorious, almost matches Mahon Falls on a crisp summer morning.

Zakarin doing a lot of wheelsucking and not contributing at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

And Rob Hatch's word of the day (running contrary to France and the French):

Ladies and gentlemen, we present to you: The "TourmaYay".

Honestly, I don't know how my tv remains intact and my forehead unbloodied

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Zakarin doing a lot of wheelsucking and not contributing at the moment

Speaking of wheel sucking. Seems Froome isn't taking his role as super domestique very seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Nico doing a good job on Comms.....even calling Sean 'Kelly' surely that is like addressing the Queen without first having been spoken to ???:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Raymzor

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    I guess the Landa move is to try to burn the sky domestiques

Surprised to see Landa and Bardet were left up the road

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Raymzor wrote: »

SKY more worried about Dumoulin, Roglic & Quintana

They have a plan !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    I guess the Landa move is to try to burn the sky domestiques

They would to put a serious amount of time into Thomas as they wouldnt have the Time Trials to worry him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Katusha must be fighting for their hair today :)

Sky have been a level of magnitude more dominant in the Tour this year compared to previous years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Nico doing a good job on Comms.....even calling Sean 'Kelly' surely that is like addressing the Queen without first having been spoken to ???:eek:

I am enjoying him, he has a great insight into team sky and knows exactly how they work.

I think it was very early to be chasing lower ranked riders. they're going to have used a lot of energy pulling out that gap and still have 80+km and a huge amount of climbing left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

MPFGLB wrote: »

I was thinking it was funny that of the two Irish lads on the commentary team, neither have English as their first language. :p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

that Lotto ad with the old guy telling us how much he loves his three friends is some sickening sheite to listen to...

Sagan update, hopefully he can stay with that group as regardless of time cut it should be too big to be kicked out.
    Sagan-watch: While the cameras have left the Bora Hansgrohe rider to endure his obvious suffering away from the public gaze, he seems – for the time being at least – to be safely ensconced in a grupetto of 19 dropped riders that is 18min 30sec behind the stage leaders.
    Sagan watch: Pete and his travelling companions go over the top of the Tourmalet 19 minutes behind the leaders. Meanwhile at the sharp end of the race, the riders are pedalling into a headwind in the valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Where did fuglsang go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

fat bloke wrote: »
    And Rob Hatch's word of the day (running contrary to France and the French):

Ladies and gentlemen, we present to you: The "TourmaYay".

Honestly, I don't know how my tv remains intact and my forehead unbloodied

Miguel Indur Ryan :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Any chance of an attack on the Yellow today, and if so, where is more likely to happy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

sky comfortable still, hopefully the cols ahead will make for some good counters from top the higher GC riders and they don't just try to hold their position

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Landa and Nieve should sky themselves to the finish

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Any chance of an attack on the Yellow today, and if so, where is more likely to happy

Dumoulin might try to gain back some time on Thomas before the ITT... probably on the upper slopes of the Aubisque

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »

Most likely attack to come from someone standing at the side of the road anyway.

Advertisement