Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracer lithium ion battery

Options
  • 27-07-2018 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Well lads just wondering how long would you get out of one of these tracer batterys I will be using it with the tracer 210 lamp and a 100w bulb will be doing gate to gate for the night for Fox's would the 14ah go dead to fast or would I get the night out of it they will be alot of usage with it for the night so just curious to know would I need the bigger 22ah battery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Rosahane

100 Watt at 12 Volt means you are drawing about 8 Amps so theoritically it's 22/8 so 2.75 hours of continuous usage. You will lose some capacity, albeit small power to the resistance of the cable, number of charging cycles etc. so realistically you can expect about 2 hours plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Phillipphillip

Rosahane wrote: »
    100 Watt at 12 Volt means you are drawing about 8 Amps so theoritically it's 22/8 so 2.75 hours of continuous usage. You will lose some capacity, albeit small power to the resistance of the cable, number of charging cycles etc. so realistically you can expect about 2 hours plus.

Hmmm don't know it that will be any good so have you used one of them batterys before ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Hmmm don't know it that will be any good so have you used one of them batterys before ?

Never had the luxury of a lithium battery.

Actually, I've just noticed, my maths were for a 22AH battery. A 14 AH would five you 1.75 hours continuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Phillipphillip

Rosahane wrote: »
    Never had the luxury of a lithium battery.

Actually, I've just noticed, my maths were for a 22AH battery. A 14 AH would five you 1.75 hours continuous.

I think I might go wit the bigger option so

Advertisement