Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with lawn

Options
  • 27-07-2018 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

This is the current lawn , i neglected the law ( yes i know ) but its been cut 3 times in last 6 weeks and looks like this

Lots of big hard weeds and patches etc

Would covering the ground with fresh compost and re seed it work ?

Just want a regular lawn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

No pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Pic of lawn

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

Pic of lawn

I imagine stopping the lads playing football on it will greatly increase its chances of recovery also ;)

Zebbedee wrote: »
    I imagine stopping the lads playing football on it will greatly increase its chances of recovery also ;)

That was only put up the day before

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

That was only put up the day before

Give up on grass and invest in a little artifical turf

• Advertisement

Shaunoc wrote: »
    Give up on grass and invest in a little artifical turf

Don’t have funds for that sadly

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Spray selective (grass friendly) weedkiller and let it kill off the weeds. Then re-seed/fertilise and cut it long regularly when established to encourage root growth and dominance over weeds.

An alternative would be to start over and spray the whole lot and kill everything then go fertilising and seeding. Be sure to leave enough time for the weedkiller to have completely broken down in the soil before seeding. Even mix in some new topsoil mixed with compost if you can. Aerate it too.

Advertisement