Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question For Experienced Vapers

• 27-07-2018 6:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭

Hi this goes out to the experienced vapers.

I'm on the vape now for 3 months and have really gone off the smokes. My partner is still smoking and her cigarettes would be on the kitchen counter all day and I wouldn't be one bit tempted. So thats great, nothing has ever worked for me before like that. I'm quite thrilled with this, feel so much better.

And I'm after realising that while I may go off 'anything' eventually I could be on the vape for a while.

Naturally I'm wondering what is the best and cheapest way to use the e-cig. And whats the best long term equipment?

I myself have a couple of longish spinner 2 batteries and a couple of aspire clearomizers and I get coil replacements that last for a week or two. That is a pretty workable setup and I rarely make a mess or need to clean it out. I get along with two batteries day to day pretty good too.

But I'm wondering what the really experienced long termers use. I mean the guys who have kicked the smokes with the e-cig and have this down to a tee now for themselves. What do you do in terms of liquid and equipment?

Are you still buying the small bottles down in the corner store for €4 or have you found a better option?

What is the best equipment in your opinion?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

I'll give it a go.

I'm off the stinkies roughly 4ish years and have bought way too many tanks and batteries to name, but I have found my perfect setups.

Batteries: I suggest a single 21700/20700 or dual 18650 mod setup so you will not have to worry about running out of power during a day. Something like the mods below:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10011027/9381500-authentic-eleaf-invoke-220w-tc-vw-apv-box-mod

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10011027/9627060-authentic-eleaf-istick-pico-21700-100w-tc-vw-apv

Tanks: For me the Berserker and Kayfun 5 are the closest you can get to a ciggy-like draw. They also give bags of flavour and are regarded as some of the best tanks out there. They will require you to make your own coils, but if you are in it for the long haul then this is something you should learn. Making coils is very easy especially for those tanks and you will have the hang of it after 4/6 goes.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10033795/8679600-authentic-vandy-vape-berserker-mtl-rta

https://www.fasttech.com/p/9436900

Juice: I'm pretty sure most experienced vapers here make their own juice. I highly recommend going that route too. It is very easy to do and with a little research you will be making your own coils and juice in no time. If you do have any specific questions about anything, you will most likely get help here too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Starting with juice, cheapest option is to mix your own, pickandmix diy here in Ireland and Boss Shots in the UK are 2 that I'd use frequently. As an example you'll mix about 300mls of juice yourself for the price of a 60ml bottle of 0 nic juice in-store.
    Tanks, re buildable or rta's are the best option out there, massive selection available so it's hard to pick one over the other. Depending on your style of vaping, mouth to lung or direct lung the choice is massive.
    Mods, get at least a dual battery mod for direct lung vaping as it requires higher wattage or a single battery mod for mouth to lung vaping as not as much power is required.
    You'll also need a battery charger, batteries, coil building tools, cotton, mixing utensils etc. Sounds a lot but can be built up quickly and at a relatively modest cost depending on where you purchase.
    Most importantly ask as many questions as you like here about any aspect of vaping and someone will steer you in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Thanks guys, food for thought. I don't really have any equipment problems right now although I see there's better out there. But I will be looking at the juice diy immediately. Mini bottle for €4 isn't really all that good. I guess they price it at cigarettes. If its kinda half the price of smokes its still good enough. Surely it must cost them very little to produce the stuff now thats its done on an industrial scale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Surely it must cost them very little to produce the stuff now thats its done on an industrial scale.

It cost a bit less before the TPD, now it has to be manufactured in clean rooms so it adds to the cost. But yeah, it'll cost about 1/4 or less than what you're paying in shops to make it yourself - which is an inconvenience in itself, plus you have no business overheads. Don't be too hard on shops, running a business is an expensive and risky endeavour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Fair enough, I don't really have any idea about those operations doing the liquids.

I always picture some massive chemical factory in China where they're pumping out gazillions of litres per hour at a quarter of a cent or something. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Oh yeah, you're not far off for the "cheap" juice you'd find in pound shops or newsagents or whatever.
    I'm in a bubble the last 6+ years where I imagine everybody seeks out fancy boutique juices aged in oak barrels and filtered through a cloth woven from a unicorn's tail, so I'm probably off the mark a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Fair enough, I don't really have any idea about those operations doing the liquids.

I always picture some massive chemical factory in China where they're pumping out gazillions of litres per hour at a quarter of a cent or something. tongue.png

Vaping can be expensive for new vapours juice wise, due to needing high 12mg+ levels of nicotine in their juice of choice which limits them to the smaller and more costly 10ml bottles. Once you get to the 3-6mg level tho it becomes much cheaper as the 60-120ml bottles become viable.

The downside to moving up to the sub ohm stock and rebuildable tanks is you start going to WAY more juice. Personally, I spend about €50-60 per month on juice as once you have your vape setup sorted out, juice and coils are your only expenditure.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Just my angle as someone who has not gone sub-ohm, vaping 9 years or so. Options for the likes of me get more and more limited daily but luckily I can still replace parts on the Aspire ETS Glass BVC. For liquid I buy 100ml zero and mix with 18mg flavourless. I generally end up at about 2mg.

9 years vaping tells me you don't 'have' to learn to build and you don't 'have' to go sub-ohm. I switched from smoking to avoid the mysteries of what I was inhaling when burning tobacco and prefer not to embrace the mysteries of heating liquid at extreme high temperatures but thats just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

mewso wrote: »
    Just my angle as someone who has not gone sub-ohm, vaping 9 years or so. Options for the likes of me get more and more limited daily but luckily I can still replace parts on the Aspire ETS Glass BVC. For liquid I buy 100ml zero and mix with 18mg flavourless. I generally end up at about 2mg.

9 years vaping tells me you don't 'have' to learn to build and you don't 'have' to go sub-ohm. I switched from smoking to avoid the mysteries of what I was inhaling when burning tobacco and prefer not to embrace the mysteries of heating liquid at extreme high temperatures but thats just me.

Best advice of all....Keep it simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

Juul hands down.... No batterys replacement, no cleaning, no coils, no refills.

www.juul.co.uk

• Advertisement
Advertisement