Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you ever get paranoid about your deposit?

Options
  • 27-07-2018 7:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭

I moved in with three lads for the summer period, after seeing a post on facebook. Basically, four lads are moving out for the summer, and another four have moved in.

At first I wasn't quite sure how well they all knew each other. One of them is either the son, or nephew, of the landlord. Another one of them seems to keep to himself a lot. One weekend it was just me, and the guy who keeps to himself, who were in the house. There were very few words between us. So the Monday when the nephew guy got back after his weekend, and when I could hear him talking a lot all of a sudden, I new it had something to do with me. I could them bitching about me (from upstairs). He was complaining about the fact that I parked my car in the drive-way. What I heard was "it was a friend of ours got in touch with him, and yet he's acting as if it's his house with that car out there". He said it quite loudly, sort of in a way as if he needed to get it off his chest.

In spite of this, when I talk to them directly they act as if everything is okay. About a week later I saw the bin was full, so as I took it out I mentioned in a joking manner (to the nephew) "where's that long overdue rota for the bin"? He had mentioned that he'd forgotten about it (and that was two weeks ago!). He seemed to react well - but then later I heard him giving out about this... something along the lines of "your man's was on about the rota or something... the way he spoke to me there a while ago was quite disrespectful".

For some reason, the way they're continuing to complain in such a passive manner makes me think about my deposit! Should I be worried? I think I'll keep our interactions from here out short and simple. The guy who I'm paying money to is one of the guys who's moved out for the summer. Luckily, by chance, he is from the same town land back home and knows my neighbours. It's him who has my €200 deposit. And he's not friends with these two on facebook, so that at least would make it difficult for them to get at my deposit!

Please share thoughts

Advertisement