Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Public Transport for Pope Francis Mass

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    It just comes across as pathetic and ignorant.

If you want to protest protest, but to actively seek to remove the ability of people who wanted to see him is petty.

I'll ignore the last paragraph for the horse **** that it is.
    It didnt stop anyone as the ticket sales never reached the expected capacity, the event organisers stopped them as the timeframe passed.

Ignorant of what exactly? I'm perfectly aware of the atrocities committed by the church, including the current head honcho. The only one who is ignorant is you as you seem not to be aware of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭xper

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    So Irish Rail have disabled real time info for DART/Commuter, deliberate or somebody forgot to enter the schedule onto the system?
    Well if they’d disabled it like the bus rtpi system that would actually be better but I’m standing here not knowing if the sign stating 21 mins to next train is real or not now.

It’s pathetic how Irish Rail can’t do the simplest things on running a railway that is just standard in any other European country

Edit: next train now jumped to 33 mins. I am presuming they are actually running the more frequent schedule today?

Edit2: turns out the next train has gone tech so 30 it is. Why did the train I was aiming to get leave my station just I was arriving with 6 mins to go according to both the platform signs and the app? FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Bus driver on the 13 today wasn't allowed access O'Connell Bridge from Westmoreland Street by the traffic sign guys, not guards. He radioed the office and they didn't know where to tell him to go either. Eventually managed to convince a guard to let us through closure barrier from Townsend Street onto Tara Street and across the bridge and up Gardiner Street. Dublin Bus website said 13 is to use normal route, and driver was told the same in the garage this morning. Bit of a joke. Tourists on the bus didn't know what was going on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Bus driver on the 13 today wasn't allowed access O'Connell Bridge from Westmoreland Street by the traffic sign guys, not guards. He radioed the office and they didn't know where to tell him to go either. Eventually managed to convince a guard to let us through closure barrier from Townsend Street onto Tara Street and across the bridge and up Gardiner Street. Dublin Bus website said 13 is to use normal route, and driver was told the same in the garage this morning. Bit of a joke. Tourists on the bus didn't know what was going on.

What time was this at?

The Stand4Truth event was attended by a few thousand people and it closed the Parnell Square East area and then later the top of O'Connell Street, Cathal Brugha Street and Sean McDermott Street for a while.

It was well planned in advance and Dublin Bus had plenty of notice. I checked the website today and DB insisted that all the routes that go through that road will operate as normal. They ended up being forced to turn onto Denmark Street and, I presume, went down Gardiner Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    It just comes across as pathetic and ignorant.

If you want to protest protest, but to actively seek to remove the ability of people who wanted to see him is petty.

I'll ignore the last paragraph for the horse **** that it is.

What's possibly more noteworthy,is the OP's,presumably reasoned decision,to place personal financial gain over their compulsion to protest over the Pope's visit...
    ELM327: I know I was planning to go in but got called in to work today for instance, and I had 1812 tickets

There's more than a touch of the Father Ted's about that ..... ;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

It was silly some of the things that were going on.

At the canal crossing at Dolphins Barn, the Garda were grinding the bus routes to a halt.
    They were stopping every car and questioning them before letting every one through anyway. Every single car!
    5 busses stuck on the approach and bus lane blocked with parked cars.
    ELM327 wrote: »
    How is it a cheap jibe?
    A lot of the protesters are also part of the SayNopeToThePope campaign and booked the free tickets

I know I was planning to go in but got called in to work today for instance, and I had 1812 tickets

What a pathetic hateful thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

What a pathetic hateful thing to do.
    Considering Sean Brady was in Frank's convoy, I'm happy with my choice.

Advertisement