Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good deal?

Options
  • 27-07-2018 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭

Right lads, thinking of availing if this offer. E99 7 sensors, installation included. 3 year contract, e40 month for monitored alarm. You own it at end of that period. I ideally would like outdoor motion sensors, the sales rep said they don’t sell them and it wouldn’t work with their system. Ie me getting my own and trying to configure them with the home secure system. I would also like cctv. CCTV and perimeter sensors , but they are a year or two down the road, it’s a big property being done on a phased basis. Would having outdoor perimeter sensor and cameras on different app etc, down the road, be stupid? pinions appreciated .. also isn’t one big flaw in the outdoor perimeter sensor is, once alarm is triggered once, intruders know where they are, unless moved. Is there nothing a bit more foolproof?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Right lads, thinking of availing if this offer. E99 7 sensors, installation included. 3 year contract, e40 month for monitored alarm. You own it at end of that period. I ideally would like outdoor motion sensors, the sales rep said they don’t sell them and it wouldn’t work with their system. Ie me getting my own and trying to configure them with the home secure system. I would also like cctv. CCTV and perimeter sensors , but they are a year or two down the road, it’s a big property being done on a phased basis. Would having outdoor perimeter sensor and cameras on different app etc, down the road, be stupid? pinions appreciated .. also isn’t one big flaw in the outdoor perimeter sensor is, once alarm is triggered once, intruders know where they are, unless moved. Is there nothing a bit more foolproof?

It is good value. My only problem with these type offers is the control panel is locked to said company meaning for me to take it over I need to buy a different system to do so as they have rights over use of the panel in Ireland.
    Its the same as what P.W. use to do with the Simon and Concord.
    You could also use Pirs as an external protection wired into a power supply and learned into a module to connect to that panel.

Advertisement